Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Joint ammo and magazines (jam)

Yeah, I'm with Suchey on this, instead of making JAM more complicated with an extra set of magazines without tracers, just turn the tracers off in options, you can always turn them back on in night games if thats what you prefer.

so n e involved in jam

can u plz plz answer this question

was there in anypoint was a backpack addon in the works with jam that allowed 20mags to be kept or expect one in the next version for that matter? smile_o.gif

plz wink_o.gif

ans sad_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, I'm with Suchey on this, instead of making JAM more complicated with an extra set of magazines without tracers, just turn the tracers off in options, you can always turn them back on in night games if thats what you prefer.

Is not that I don't like the tracers, I just see it too unreall to have so much tracers coming from small arms.

On a night batttle can be too easy to espot the shooter in multiplayer, That's the only serious problem I can think of the tracers.

If Neon would share his tracer stuff with you, it could be rader interesting.

But I understand the difficulty of the matter, so what the heck, if it can be done, great, if it can't be done... well, never mind, I'm happy as it is, anything ellse is a bonus.

Thanks guys.

My gripe is intensity, the JAM tracers seem much brighter than the stock tracers. I can tell you from personel experience that tracer, while looking like freakin's star wars on earth at night look very dim in daylight. I think the intensity of the stock tracers are closer to reality.

ruff,

Backpack was discussed with Angusheaf, due to time contrainsts it wasnt added in. Not sure if it will be included in a future update.

SelectThis

My gripe is intensity, the JAM tracers seem much brighter than the stock tracers.  I can tell you from personel experience that tracer, while looking like freakin's star wars on earth at night look very dim in daylight.  I think the intensity of the stock tracers are closer to reality.

yes in daylight conditions. but at night? the problem is OFP can't differ between daytime tracers and nighttime tracers.

My only problem with JAM is the HD weapons.  I hate them.  

I hate not being able to take the enemies weapons when I'm out of ammo for mine, or when I prefer them (EG I prefer AK74SU to M16 in-game)

I wish the AI were given the same weapons as everyone else and the AI accuracy tweaked, as in FDF mod.  MUCH better solution IMO.  

Even if this means making the thing a mod, I'd rather have that.  Anyone who will download JAM and addons using it has no reason not to download a tiny mod to fix the AI.

We've been over and over this baron, and its still not going to happen.

The HD weapons are coded into JAM, and there they stay.

If you dont like the HD weapons, then dont use them.

Personally I think they're cool, as yes, I know they are primarily meant for AI use, but when used in MP they can prolong firefights almost indefinately. Yes, I appreciate that it DOES get frustrating after the 2nd or 3rd mag of not hitting anything, just get closer...

ST and Evis have coded JAM in a way that doesnt "break" the game, or the AI, yet still allows for excellent missions and atmosphere.

not really, it does punish us hotshots wink_o.gif .but people who can't aim at all really can't benefit. i really don't think they are that bad, just get used to them, or try out different rounds. Personally i really like the FAL HD - its really lethal  smile_o.gif

ps: i find its really not that bad when you just use the single shot firemode on any weapon, but if you run around, firing while moving or standing, ur not gonna hit anything anyways. remember that the AI is gonna have a harder time hitting you as well, so get to the prone position, and take it easy wink_o.gif

Hey, I am the one who benefits from HD weapons and I still dont like them. tounge_o.gif

i love them! (the HD mags) The normal jam mags are like fricken laser beams..........nothing stops those bullets

Quote[/b] ]Is not that I don't like the tracers, I just see it too unreall to have so much tracers coming from small arms.

On a night batttle can be too easy to espot the shooter in multiplayer, That's the only serious problem I can think of the tracers.

Well, it depends on how many tracer rounds you load into the magazine. For instance, its partially a pyschological thing. If you load 1 tracer every 4 "normal" rounds, then you get a tracer every 5 squeezes of the trigger. Machinegunners do this, and usually the pointman does as well. They also load some tracers into the magazine first (So that they are fired last) so they know when to reload when that mag is empty.

Special Forces groups, I'm pretty sure that KMARN and RM do this as well (Commandos) load up a higher ratio of tracers to normal rounds for the psychological effect. Its funny that way. If you see 50 000 tracers flying at you, then you're obviously going to think that there are a sh*tload of people out there to rape you and torch your village. Regular-forces don't commonly use tracers, AFAIK.

As for their brightness, they're really bright during the night (Duh) but quite dull during daylight. (Again, duh.)

AK

Could any of the good folks at BAS tell me the name of the .wss file that OFP uses for the hiss as a bullet flys past please?

It's the one thing I miss with JAM, although you get all the great extra bullet hit sounds. I'd like if possible to edit the JAM_Sounds.pbo to include the original flying bullet sound.

Thanks - Cornhelium

not really, it does punish us hotshots wink_o.gif .but people who can't aim at all really can't benefit. i really don't think they are that bad, just get used to them, or try out different rounds. Personally i really like the FAL HD - its really lethal  smile_o.gif

ps: i find its really not that bad when you just use the single shot firemode on any weapon, but if you run around, firing while moving or standing, ur not gonna hit anything anyways. remember that the AI is gonna have a harder time hitting you as well, so get to the prone position, and take it easy  wink_o.gif

Are you presuming that I am some sort of beginner? I know how to play flashpoint!

HD weapons punish those who can aim and benefit those who cannot in multiplayer: the person who aims properly with the sight dead on what should hit the target will MISS; the person who aims improperly with the sight NOT on the target is more likely to hit. How is that not penalising the good players?

I hate to state the obvious but if you don't like them, don't use them. I thought the HD weapons were primarily for AI use anyway.

I hate to state the obvious but if you don't like them, don't use them. I thought the HD weapons were primarily for AI use anyway.

that is so true man

ppl complain when they use hd weapons

the simple fact is that they are meant for ai use

it was created to be more realistic for ai since without hd your squad wont last

also its to simulate untrained soldiers

its like if u arm a civillian in ofp with an ak and side it with a side they can surely shoot u easily

now how realistic is that?

someone with no training able to shoot a soldier so accurately?

i dont believe hd was ever meant to be for human players and i believe why should it? we all humans still miss in ofp quite a lot while ai without hd can shoot u at 2 shots if theyre skill is at mid level!

an example of this is the hk pack, a very good pack indeed, but its ai is so good i prefer not to use it, since once its detected u it can shoot u 400m away accurately.

im getting carried away but its just that im sick of ppl compalining a bout hd weapons wen they dont have to use it.

So, what are you going to do in a cooperative mission against HD baddies when your ammunition runs out?

Baron a very complicated tip for you , try not to target properly in MP then .. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Personally i am a big fan of HD and JAM they prolong firefights and extract each and every juice remaining in a battle as lifelike as possible and add a lot of atmosphere , i hope BAS keeps them.

So, what are you going to do in a cooperative mission against HD baddies when your ammunition runs out?

so wat?

get it from ur own squad!

or arm urself with a whole heap!

id like to see someone survive in that coop mission ur talking about with that many baddies that dont have hd mags!

ps: i find its really not that bad when you just use the single shot firemode on any weapon, but if you run around, firing while moving or standing, ur not gonna hit anything anyways. remember that the AI is gonna have a harder time hitting you as well, so get to the prone position, and take it easy  wink_o.gif

Are you presuming that I am some sort of beginner?  I know how to play flashpoint!

HD weapons punish those who can aim and benefit those who cannot in multiplayer: the person who aims properly with the sight dead on what should hit the target will MISS; the person who aims improperly with the sight NOT on the target is more likely to hit.  How is that not penalising the good players?

im not saying anything, im not gonna waste my time on an internet message board flamebaiting people

but really who cares, all im saying is that i think the hd weapons are fun

You can kill enemies perfectly well with it. Besides, the advantages of HD weapons easily outweigh the disadvantages. You occasionally pick up ammo from dead bodies, but 90% of the time you´re going to be in combat, where HD comes into play. wink_o.gif

so wat?

get it from ur own squad!

or arm urself with a whole heap!

id like to see someone survive in that coop mission ur talking about with that many baddies that dont have hd mags!

As I can testify, Eizei regularly lasts long enough in coop missions without HD mags to run out of ammo (single shot, aimed) - its not hard, unless you're used to the AI being completely unable to hit anything and run around like its cs (eg if you were used to HD mags..)

Quote[/b] ]Gollum1

You can kill enemies perfectly well with it. Besides, the advantages of HD weapons easily outweigh the disadvantages

What advantages? I've already posted the problems with them. And you CANT kill enemies perfectly well with them; you just have to keep firing until you get a lucky shot. I hate games that are determined only by luck.

Then dont use JAM, simple as that...

If you enjoy getting killed by a headshot first time by an AI with an AK waaay before the action has even begun to start, then keep playing normal OFP.

OR if it bothers you that much, make your own Mod that does the same as JAM, but tweaking the AI instead...