Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Joint ammo and magazines (jam)

Two things I've noticed with the JAM pack:

1)High dispersion weapons fire everywhere BUT where you're aiming. Getting a hit is more successful if you offset the point where you're aiming slightly above/right below/left etc. Can it be made so that 1/x number of rounds fired actually goes on target instead of (seemingly) all of them being "misses"? I'm no soldier, and I've rarely fired rifles, but using 5 mags to get a hit at 100m seems a little too inaccurate to me.

2)MGers keep their sights on you and fire such that their sights are always on you, meaning they're utterly useless as the recoil puts their rounds 20m in the air over your head. Is it possible to correct this such that they aim in order to have their rounds actually hit after drop/recoil instead of aiming in order to have their sights on you.

1)High dispersion weapons fire everywhere BUT where you're aiming.  Getting a hit is more successful if you offset the point where you're aiming slightly above/right below/left etc.  Can it be made so that 1/x number of rounds fired actually goes on target instead of (seemingly) all of them being "misses"? I'm no soldier, and I've rarely fired rifles, but using 5 mags to get a hit at 100m seems a little too inaccurate to me.

on close combat theyre a killer

4 or 5 bullets hitting u repeatedly

thats cqc of course

i like it the way it is

thats y u have an option of hd and normal

i equip my enemies with hd usually since i only make spec ops missions

1)High dispersion weapons fire everywhere BUT where you're aiming.  Getting a hit is more successful if you offset the point where you're aiming slightly above/right below/left etc.  Can it be made so that 1/x number of rounds fired actually goes on target instead of (seemingly) all of them being "misses"? I'm no soldier, and I've rarely fired rifles, but using 5 mags to get a hit at 100m seems a little too inaccurate to me.

High dispersion weapons are for AI i think............... rock.gif

Also, in real life, is it standard practice to use an entire magazine of tracer rounds?

It looks like Star Wars on some maps when every single round is -T

Also, in real life, is it standard practice to use an entire magazine of tracer rounds?

It looks like Star Wars on some maps when every single round is -T

no in the real world there wont be a idiot who use a full clip of tracers, only those MGs will use them and most of the time only 1 tracers is find within 4~5 rounds.......

- Yes, HD is primarily for AI to use.

- The recoil has been fixed for the update.

- Every round a tracer is an OFP thing, cant be changed, its either all or nothing.

Ok I decided to release my script to the public.  It is called Laser to JAM.  By placing an exec in either the group leader's init or a line in the Init.sqs, it will automatically replace Laser's Naval Infantry, (Not Spetz Natz in same pack) BIS' East Crew and Pilot and DKM's Pilot's weapons with JAM ones.  It determines the unit's type using the typeOf command.  

If you are an adventurous scripter, you could actually use the script to include other non-Laser units, I just created it for Laser's since they are the best Russians I've seen to date.  This really frees alot of the time to dedicate to mission building.

I've also included the ability of turning on/off HD and NVGoogles via the exec line.  You can also modify each unit's loadout by editing the arrays within the script. I will be updating it to skip individial units you specify.  Enjoy!

You can find the script in this thread.

nice work Rudedog!

How about doing the same for the Nam Pack 2 units ;)

(best wait for the next JAM version though it has more default weapons in it).

SelectThis

nice work Rudedog!

SelectThis

is it going to be soon???

i read at dig forum that d/r will be equipped with jam but not updated

is this true?

if it is

hell yeah!

smile_o.gif

nice work Rudedog!

SelectThis

is it going to be soon???

i read at dig forum that d/r will be equipped with jam but not updated

is this true?

if it is

hell yeah!

smile_o.gif

It was true, however its not anymore, we decided not to release a 'quick fix' for the de/ra to upgrade them to jam, as the version 2 update would have come only a short while afterwards, and we didnt want to confuse people, as it is we are concentrating on finishing off other projects and getting the jam update out, so the de/ra has taken a back seat for a couple of weeks, its also the start of september so its the end of the holidays and team members will be very busy with real life for a while, we will still be working on projects, but you'll have to have a bit of patience in waiting for projects to be released.

nice work Rudedog!

SelectThis

Hmmm...twist my arm!  Ok.

Let me get started on it.  (pushes real life workpile to the side, clicks on hidden OFP icon on work PC)   wink_o.gif

nice work Rudedog!

SelectThis

Awww crap!  Just after I managed to hack up the NamPack weapon config enough to give me the JAM sounds and recoil I wanted!  crazy_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to JAM2.  I'd be more thrilled if it came with an updated NamPack... but maybe I can hodgepodge it together again.  BTW, it is still over my head.  What I did is called extensive copy and paste from the JAM config to the NamPack config (and yes, I made it a seperate MOD from the original NamPack so its not a MP issue.  It's just something for my personal enjoyment and insatiable appetite for playing and editing this game. Full respect out to those that can actually put this stuff together from scratch, and great job guys!)

nice work Rudedog!

SelectThis

Ok. I did some initial testing with the NAM pack and it works perfect.  You said the next JAM will have more magazines, will it also include the legacy weapons in the NAM Pack? (i.e RPD, M14, etc)  For now I can configure the script to replace only those weapons that are the same, and ignore the rest.  I already have half the NVA Army coded. As JAM updates are released, I can just make changes as neccessary.

nice work Rudedog!

SelectThis

Ok. I did some initial testing with the NAM pack and it works perfect.  You said the next JAM will have more magazines, will it also include the legacy weapons in the NAM Pack? (i.e RPD, M14, etc)  For now I can configure the script to replace only those weapons that are the same, and ignore the rest.  I already have half the NVA Army coded. As JAM updates are released, I can just make changes as neccessary.

It includes, at this moment, the Mosin Nagant, SKS, RPD, M79, M14, M16A1.

It includes, at this moment, the Mosin Nagant, SKS, RPD, M79, M14, M16A1.

Thanks fo the quick reply, Evis!

The HD weapons are an excellent idea, but the problem with them seems to be that the AI has been affected, not just the weapons. Get an East and a West soldier, pace them 50m apart...and they often won't even notice each other. I have seen opponents as close as 30m without shooting at one another.

Yes, the HD is an excellent idea, and truely can add something to the game. But I don't think it will work as intended (ie: suppressive fire) if they can't target each other. If you can change HD so they will still target and fire as normal, and just change the dispersion of the bullets I think it would be brilliant.

Other than that...brilliant work by all  smile_o.gif

I didn't actually get a reply to this the first time around (and would like one plz), so I'm bumping my own post. smile_o.gif

I dont get the same problem, i just placed two HD squads 200m apart and once they'd spotted each other, they engaged each other (first the machinegunners, and then the rifleman after about 10 seconds).

Ok....will rechecked some stuff. sad_o.gif

Ok, here is my first version of the NAM to JAM script.  It replaces all of the West and East NAM weapons with their JAM equivalent.  I did not touch such weapons as Mosin Nagant, SKS, RPD, M79, M14, and also the M16's with Mortars since JAM does not support it yet.

NAM2JAM.zip

Let me know if there are any issues.  Once BAS releases the next JAM, I will update the other units.

Quote[/b] ]- Every round a tracer is an OFP thing, cant be changed, its either all or nothing.

Would you set the exactly same color for each side ? red and green (specially the green!) are wrong, round use same pyrotechnic process

BTW you could make magazines with and without tracer for assault rifles

Quote[/b] ]- Every round a tracer is an OFP thing, cant be changed, its either all or nothing.

Would you set the exactly same color for each side ? red and green (specially the green!) are wrong, round use same pyrotechnic process

BTW you could make magazines with and without tracer for assault rifles

?

Aeon are you saying we should make the tracers all the same color?

Also, You can turn off tracers in the game.

SelectThis

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but will you increase the RPG and M136 stregth? They are terribly weak right now.

Quote[/b] ]Aeon are you saying we should make the tracers all the same color?

Yes. Even of the gameplay.

It's too easy to know who's firing at you. firing sound should be the only signature. I really dislike this Star War aspect

About machine gun, I noticed you didn't use aiDispersionCoefX and aiDispersionCoefY parameters, I think it's a good way to avoid to be sniped by AI (instead trying to modify recoil or dispersion)

Also you really should use dexterity parameter for machine gun or heavy weapon (look at Kegetys RPK)

--Edit

Sgt. Milkman, will you dare to board a APC or even a heavy armored MBT ? Don't think so tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sgt. Milkman, will you dare to board a APC or even a heavy armored MBT ? Don't think so tounge_o.gif

I will take that as a yes?  rock.gif

Im sorry, but its just not true that all tracers are the same colour, its commonly known that NATO tracers give off a red colour while Soviet Bloc manufactured tracers give off a green colour.

And if you dont like it, you can always turn off the tracers as STT said.