Sign in to follow this  
WhoCares

Pst! 1.92beta is out!

What it says. Find the details here

Posting this here as I guess many will miss it in the Flashnews section, for discussion purpose and for others to post their mirrors tounge_o.gif

From the README:

Quote[/b] ]BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN 1.92 BETA

=======================================

1.92  - Fixed: Game occasionally freeze when AI with handgun rearms.

1.92  - Fixed: Event handler "init" is now launched on all machines in MP game

1.92  - Improved: MP: faster response in MP-game setup (mission setup, roles assignment, connecting to server, ..)

1.92  - Fixed: Avoid delete of partition when DirectPlay server creation failed

1.92  - Fixed: Different file-acess technique used when memory mapping fails. This should prevent Cannot memory map file errors. This alternative technique can be also enforced for all files by using command line switch -nomap

1.92  - Fixed: Crashes in MP when somebody used ammunition which does not exist on other computers (for example in mods)

1.92  - Added: Testing of -mod compatibility in MP

Size of the client is just 1.73MB and servers are not much different...

Who has the balls to test if OFP still deletes your partition when hosting DirectplayServers ? biggrin_o.gif

Don't worry. smile_o.gif

I have faith in BIS.

Make sure you read the fine print

Quote[/b] ]Important notice: Also, you should note that 1.92 is not compatible in multiplayer with previous versions 1.85-1.91.

Just so you know wink_o.gif

uTw Squad Server running with 1.92BETA @ 213.202.216.7:2302 (location: Central Europe)

Quote[/b] ]Important notice: Also, you should note that 1.92 is not compatible in multiplayer with previous versions 1.85-1.91.

Just so you know  wink_o.gif

But there's really nothing to worry about as the patch 1.92 keeps your version 1.91 present and installs a new betaversion exe to the game directory.

Just so you know wink_o.gif

And that is GOOD THING[TM] biggrin_o.gif

Just now updating the server to 1.92 and kissing all 1.85 users goodbye tounge_o.gif

I downloaded the patch and installed it it sayd succssesfull....

But when I started MP it was some servers who required 1.92 and then it was a red X next to it... rock.gifrock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

Aint the patch installed rock.gifrock.gifrock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

Or rock.gif

u have to start OFP 1.92 beta by running Flashpoint192BETA.exe in ur Flashpointfolder

Ex0

@BIS

patch is working good, nice work guys!

but what about an "OPERATIONFLASHPOINT2SCREENSGALLERY.EXE" for download?

tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]1.92 - Fixed: Game occasionally freeze when AI with handgun rearms.

Thank you BIS for that. Finally I can enjoy Nam Pack 2 smile_o.gif

u have to start OFP 1.92 beta be running Flashpoint192BETA.exe in ur Flashpointfolder

Ex0

U mean I shall copy the beta into OFP Folder?

If u mean that I tryed but I can still not use it..... crazy_o.gif

I´m not getting memory map error anymore!

GOOD JOB BIS smile_o.gif

Really? If thats true sweet!

I downloaded and installed the new patch, created a shotrcut to the new EXE, and ran it, only to get booted back to the desktop with a Cannot Memory-Map error. Putting /nosplash in the shortcut fixed this, but later while I was flying about Kolgujev in an A10 I got kicked back to desktop without a single error message.

Net exactly what I was expecting sad_o.gif

Sorry to hear that drewb99.

Quote[/b] ]1.92 - Added: Testing of -mod compatibility in MP

What does -mod mean?

Doolittle

I downloaded and installed the new patch, created a shotrcut to the new EXE, and ran it, only to get booted back to the desktop with a Cannot Memory-Map error.  Putting /nosplash in the shortcut fixed this, but later while I was flying about Kolgujev in an A10 I got kicked back to desktop without a single error message.

Net exactly what I was expecting  sad_o.gif

Try different Editor addon, workked with my CTD problem

Operation Flashpoint is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

When clicking on the 1.92 patch.

WTF?

Operation Flashpoint is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

When clicking on the 1.92 patch.

WTF?

Same problem here wtf I have succesfully installed all other patches BIS need some help.

Btw I have resistance not GOTY or Gold Version

im computer stupid and need help how do you put this thing in crazy_o.gif

Bug?: a -mod=... shortcut parameter part that is more than 80 characters long (including "-mod=") gives CTD when trying to create a MP game.

Applies to: 1.92 beta, Windows client

Description

If I use a list of mod folders that make the "-mod=bla;bluh;bleh" part more than 80 characters long and try to start (host) a new MP game, OFP crashes to the desktop.

Notes

<ul>

[*] A change in the total length of the command line does not affect the game, it's only the -mod parameter.

[*] The total amount/size of addons seem to have no relevance.

[*] Using the new "-nomap" on the shortcut makes no difference.

A few examples... below are three different -mod parameters listed and they reference the same set of mod folders. I renamed the last one (nam2/namp2/nampa2) to show the problem. The last one is slightly too long, making the "-mod..." string exceed 80 character

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

-mod=mods/misc;mods/BAS;mods/DKM;mods/inf;mods/Fort;mods/KEG;mods/isl;mods/nam2         (79 chars - works)

-mod=mods/misc;mods/BAS;mods/DKM;mods/inf;mods/Fort;mods/KEG;mods/isl;mods/namp2        (80 chars - works)

-mod=mods/misc;mods/BAS;mods/DKM;mods/inf;mods/Fort;mods/KEG;mods/isl;mods/nampa2      (81 chars - gives CTDs)

SP missions seem to be unaffected by this, i e the game loads the last mod folder (containing the SEB Nam Pack2 addons) and I can play 'nam missions fine. Trying to host a MP game, though, crashes OFP as soon as I klick "New" in the MP game browser.

1.91 is not affected by this. There, I can have long mod folder lists in my shortcut(s).

Here's the last part of the flashpoint.rpt file after a "-mod parameter over 80 chars"-CTD:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Mods: RES;mods/misc;mods/BAS;mods/DKM;mods/inf;mods/Fort;mods/KEG;mods/isl;mods/nampa2

=======================================================

Date: 08/23/03  Time: 01:44:53

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0058D892

Version 1.92

Fault address:  0058D892 01:0018C892 D:\Spel\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINT192BETA.EXE

file:     intro

world:    intro

Prev. code bytes: 0C 53 55 56 8B E9 8B 45 04 8B 75 00 83 C6 10 57

Fault code bytes: 8B 78 10 8B 46 08 3B F8 89 7C 24 18 7E 1D 8B C8

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00000000

ECX:0012F6AC EDX:00000000

ESI:13D11640 EDI:0012F6E4

CS:EIP:001B:0058D892

SS:ESP:0023:0012F678  EBP:0012F6AC

DS:0023  ES:0023  FS:0038  GS:0000

Flags:00010202

=======================================================

I'm unsure if this will help Suma and the guy's, but the crash is always at $0058D892.

If the developers so need, I can mail in the whole .rpt file along with the context.bin and more info.

*EDIT: Hmm...wonder if I should've posted this in the other 1.92 thread. Took placebo's note in that one as a "go" for doing it here but this thread is headed for the "my cat's breath smells like cat food"-category...

I am still gettin cannot create 3D Device error D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY.

And no it is not a problem with my video card, it worked fine untill i installed several addons yesterday