Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Are all of the mod's profiles set to show their online status?

Hmm they should be, I know it's an option when you log in so perhaps it's an individual thing, I can certainly ask the other moderators to make sure that their status is set to visible though smile_o.gif

I've turned on "report this post", seems to work ok so we'll trial it for a little while.

Obviously abusing it will be considered as a punishable offence but I'm sure everyone on the forums is too mature for that smile_o.gif

The system is easy:

It sends the report to a online MOD or if there are no mod's online the message will be sended to the HEAD mod.

onstar18.jpg

wink_o.gif

What does this report to a mod function do? Just alert mods to the post, or is this a so many strikes and your automatically out type thing?

When you people RTM because of a particular post/member, please include the name of the poster and perhaps even which post it is in the little message box as the system does not tell us which specific post was RTM'ed.

Cheers smile_o.gif

When you people RTM because of a particular post/member, please include the name of the poster and perhaps even which post it is in the little message box as the system does not tell us which specific post was RTM'ed.

Then what do we need this for? rock.gif

Then what do we need this for? rock.gif

It gives me the thread, and the page in the thread, but not the specific post smile_o.gif Unless I am having a blonde moment biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

So for VIP 2004 election we will have a section "Best reporter" - happy spamming the moderators PM's biggrin_o.gif

It gives me the thread, and the page in the thread, but not the specific post smile_o.gif Unless I am having a blonde moment biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Looks like you're having a blonde moment. smile_o.gif

It gives me the thread, and the page in the thread, but not the specific post smile_o.gif Unless I am having a blonde moment biggrin_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Looks like you're having a blonde moment. smile_o.gif

From a glance at your avatar, you could use an hour's worth.

I've just noticed a "Report this post to a moderator" thing just to the bottom right corner of every post. Has this always been there(and I'm daft) or was this just added for me when I reached a certain post count?

I've just noticed a "Report this post to a moderator" thing just to the bottom right corner of every post. Has this always been there(and I'm daft) or was this just added for me when I reached a certain post count?

Read the previous 10 posts mate, I think you are having a daft moment wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Good point. Often I don't read the posts in here when I'm asking a question mainly because it's about people worried about avatars and sig's :P

could you by any chance make it a different color? it stands out a bit too much atm....

What exactly is the format of these VIP awards, categories, who decides/nominates etc etc??

I can't speak for how they're doing it this year, but last year a number of categories were set up, each with a certain number of nominees picked at the moderator's discretion for each category. Then, polls are set up in offtopic, and voting is opened to the general public. After that, results are tallied and the VIP tags are doled out according to that vote. Basically it's kind of a nice peer review thing to make the forums seem more like a cohesive community.

@ Jan. 12 2004,21:29)]seem more like a cohesive community.

Crap. They're catching on to us. mad_o.gif

my new avatar refuses to work sad_o.gif its becasue the file extension i think because im linking it form a yahoo bookcase acount. cause it wont acept anything without jpeg or gif on the end heres a link to it

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc....egpkoKo

notice the stuff after the jpg when you remove it just dosent show any got anysuggestions

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/cf3de57/bc/sigs/avatar2.jpg

cause the first one works everywhere else just not here

how about a counter to see how much people have avatar and sig problems biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

lol nice suggestion but dosent exactly help much tounge_o.gif

[Edit]its ok now freind helped me i asume everyone can see it[Edit]

lol nice suggestion but dosent exactly help much tounge_o.gif

[Edit]its ok now freind helped me i asume everyone can see it[Edit]

Nope, don't see it, you've exceeded your daily usage limit... sad_o.gif

Umm nope......

"The owner of this file has exceeded their daily usage limit."

Email the pic to prs@ntlworld.com and I'll sort it.