Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Posts 0 - 399 = ".." (1 star)

Posts 400 - 799 = "Member" (2 stars)

Posts 800 - 1499 = "Advanced Member" (3 stars)

Posts 1500 - 3999 = "OF Fan" (4 stars)

Posts 4000+ = "OF Maniac!" (5 stars)

Anyone who doesn't have one of these titles is either:

a.) A moderator, modmaker, team member, VIP or other personnel who are assigned a different designation

b.) Have had their title changed by a moderator or other board official

Bear in mind, though, that blatant spamming to increase your post count will most likely earn you a post count reduction, meaning those elusive stars take even longer to earn. Also, as most people know, asking a mod for a custom title can have unexpected results wink_o.gif

No i wasnt asking for a title ... biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Just wanting to know how things are sorted and one more thing how do you guys know whos a mod-maker and whos not? rock.gif

I think the only people who are/will be mod-makers are the people who got to use O2 before it was publically released.

I think the only people who are/will be mod-makers are the people who got to use O2 before it was publically released.

Exactly correct wink_o.gif

I dont understand why you dont delete all the old threads from 5 months or more ago. Doesnt it cost money to keep them? rock.gif

We keep them there for research purposes. Suppose you had some kind of problem or you were looking for an old addon. If we deleted the old posts, you could use the "search" function and find nothing. By keeping them in the database, you can usually find what you're looking for.

Well, in those cases, we're just too lazy. If BIS wants them deleted, we'll delete them. But I think that's unnecessary right now.

Well, in those cases, we're just too lazy.

I had an idea that is what you'd say. biggrin_o.gif

Well you could make me a temporary mod so I could delete those many spam threads. wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Even those offtopic threads have some kind of importance, on more than couple of occasions I had to search for them since I lost a certain link. smile_o.gif

...you could make me a temporary mod...

Careful, or you might get an even worse title... biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

[Gareth Gates must die]

How about giving him the title "Gareth Gates Fan" biggrin_o.gif

19.gif You bastard...!

[The Frenchman (aka Gareth Gates) must die]

If you two don't quit spamming the only title you'll be getting is "Dauragon/Skul went to spam land and all they brought me back was this lousy ban" smile_o.gif

Sorry, Placebo. Won't happen again.

[Gareth Gates must die]

is there a way to get our post coutn number locked? except for PR, like you post and your postcount doesnt change ?

I know of no current way that it is possible smile_o.gif

I know of no current way that it is possible smile_o.gif

Damn, would be a nice punishment for spammers. wink_o.gif

The only way to really do that I would think is just keep resetting their post count to a certain number each day.

2 things:

1: when will some mod reduce my box?

because i am acting normal now for a long time of period.

2: if you are a VIP member and you spam all the time could the VIP status retrun in too normal member?

if so.... Avon lady... wink_o.gif

Something tells me that constantly asking about reducing the boxes wont help the matter.. wink_o.gif

2: if you are a VIP member and you spam all the time could the VIP status retrun in too normal member?

At precisely midnight December 31st, my VIP avatar will turn back into a pumpkin. sad_o.gif

................ unless I win again! biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

2 things:

1: when will some mod reduce my box?

because i am acting normal now for a long time of period.

Copying a moderator and trying to act like one are not normal behaviour. They are the kind of behaviour that may actually give you more boxes wink_o.gif

VIP status was voted for by the members for the members of the board. Whilst it is certainly possible for a VIP member to get banned, a VIP member would never lose his/her VIP position as "punishment".

The only scenario I could imagine for a VIP person to lose his/her status is if there was a public vote on this. This is theoretical, however, not set in stone.

EDIT: Forgot to add, if there are new elections for the new year, then the VIP persons may well lose their VIP status.

Nah, you shouldn't do that! Just make a 'VIP 2003' tag. Or if someone who's allready VIP wins it again, make him/her VIP 2002 and 2003'. That'll be somehing nice for our grandchildren to see if they play OFP7 and still visit these boards tounge_o.gif