Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

No comment biggrin_o.gif

I have to admit, i'm still proud of that post whistle.gif

I was due to go for 7 days of ice axes and crampons, climbing some high Andean peaks, when i made that post, so i guess my mood was a little...ahhmm...."caution to the wind" ?.... tounge2.gif

I guess fair is fair, as i never really served my 48 hour pr for that, as i was freezing my balls off and bursting my lungs at -20c at 6000 odd meters instead tounge2.gif Abit of an extreme punishment, but hey... wink_o.gif

ok, this is ask a mod thread, not chit-chat discussion

go off topic and I'll PR anyone who does that.

chipper, you are PRed pending discussion.

FlashNews 100 will probably be online sometime on Friday 14th July, this week is a 2 day week due to public and personal holidays.

John Paul Young told me to ask :

Love is in the air ? wink_o.gif

On topic, i can't find anymore the link to the old archived forum , has it been deleted ?

FlashNews 100 will probably be online sometime on Friday 14th July, this week is a 2 day week due to public and personal holidays.

John Paul Young told me to ask :

Love is in the air ? wink_o.gif

Love? As in my wedding? No that's July 22nd wink_o.gif - For which I will be offline July 20th - August 1st (honeymoon in Portugal, and I'll be wearing my England shirt every day! )

On topic, i can't find anymore the link to the old archived forum , has it been deleted ?

Hmm the old forum could have vanished as a result of the initial attempt to upgrade this forum.

at the risk of sounding a little off topic, congratulations and all the best for your happy day smile_o.gif

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but should those mods who have switched to ArmA just post in the ArmA General forums about updates, or in the Addons and Mods: Discussion?

Thx,

Abs

For now ArmA general.

Although I'm currently toying with the idea of adding an "ArmA:Community" subforum which would essentially be a temporary "ArmA squads & fanpages" and "ArmA addons & mod:discussion" (with all ArmA general stuff remaining where it is).

What does "Email this topic" mean?

What does "Email this topic" mean?

If you had clicked the link, you would have realised that it allows you to email the URL to the topic to someone, along with a quick message thumbs-up.gif

Yeah, was afraid to try it.

wink_o.giftounge2.gif

Thanks for clearing

(Now for some sleap goodnight.gif )

weird question: Im confused why old topics are being locked becuase they are "old" like 4 month ones ie the racepack thread was locked by someone cos it was old? yet I dont understand if people make a new topic on the same thing then it will get locked and the moderator usually says "search before posting" so whats the point if youre gonna dig the original thread up if its gonna get locked cos its "old" I see this all the time and hopefully someone explain to me thx.. smile_o.gif

If a significant contribution is made to the old thread we generally allow it, especially if they make the effort to check with us first. If they dig up a 4 year old mod thread (for example) to ask "is it out yet?" It will of course be closed.

a significant contribution

What is that then?

Making a big part of the mod yourself to then give away to the modteam?

Wanting to join the team?

Etc etc.

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

Making a big part of the mod yourself to then give away to the modteam?

Yes (or for example a new post by the mod team to say "after 2 years we're back working on this and here's our progress").

Wanting to join the team?

No, that can easily be done via PM/Email

Hi!

I get a problem when trying to search with alot of ANDs and ORs.

I search for <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">recoil AND realism OR realistic OR unrealism OR unrealistic

but three times in a row I just get the 404 (page cannot be displayed).

Why doesn't it work?

To much info to search for or what?

(The other searchterms are:

Type: Post and or topictitles, All open forums, Searches in, topic titles and posts, searches from the beggining (and newer))

What I'm trying to achive is the combination between, recoil and the 4 other words, like getting "recoil" and "realism" in the same thread, or "recoil" and "unrealistic" etc etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

JW

smile_o.gif

Hi!

I get a problem when trying to search with alot of ANDs and ORs.

I search for <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">recoil AND realism OR realistic OR unrealism OR unrealistic

but three times in a row I just get the 404 (page cannot be displayed).

Why doesn't it work?

To much info to search for or what?

(The other searchterms are:

Type: Post and or topictitles, All open forums, Searches in, topic titles and posts, searches from the beggining (and newer))

What I'm trying to achive is the combination between, recoil and the 4 other words, like getting "recoil" and "realism" in the same thread, or "recoil" and "unrealistic" etc etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

JW

smile_o.gif

This might do it for ya:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">recoil AND (realism OR realistic OR unrealism OR unrealistic)

Oh, didn't know that IB Search-function and algebra worked in the same way tounge2.gif

Shall try!

Thx

anyone having slow downs with the forum at the moment? Every other forum i visit is fine, just this one seems to be taking an age to load pages etc...

anyone having slow downs with the forum at the moment? Every other forum i visit is fine, just this one seems to be taking an age to load pages etc...

Yes. Same here.

Nope.

What connection are you guys one?

I have a hard time seeing how this is relevant to the topic at hand.

If the board is slow for someone but not for someone else then its ISP-related and not forum-related.