Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

I asked this before and was told that a forum upgrade was needed to do it. I think the forum has been upgraded since then and I will ask again - can the mods take the ~ out of my nick?

I think the forum has been upgraded since then

It hasn't, so the answer's still no I'm afraid smile_o.gif

And the ability to change usernames is not in the latest IB version either. Its a hack (community made mod).

Can we have a "too offtopic for offtopic topic"? Basically a topic where you are allowed to post anything in as long as it's within the boards rules. We already have a Stupid Quiz topic so why no offtopic topic?

Can we have a "too offtopic for offtopic topic"? Basically a topic where you are allowed to post anything in as long as it's within the boards rules. We already have a Stupid Quiz topic so why no offtopic topic?

No I don't think so, for everything that's not on topic here there are 18 million other forums you can use on the internet. I don't think the stupid quiz thread can be used in such a comparison, for one thing despite the name there was a fair bit of substance to the thread and for another the thread died out 19 months ago so isn't exactly contemporary for comparison.

I think the forum has been upgraded since then

It hasn't, so the answer's still no I'm afraid smile_o.gif

Normally, an administrator can do that by the SQL, but if it's done for one, it will be done for all :/ So, just wait whistle.gif

I think you guys should take the ~ out of blackdog's name. You have tortured him long enough, it is time to ease his suffering. Even the Nazi's had a stopping point thumbs-up.gif

that is not torturing. He chose his name, and considering that the board does not have function to fix it, we can't do much about it.

Are we allowed to make adverts (or, advertise) for companies that we ourselves control?

Perhaps a hardware seller etc?

I don't mean that pointing someone to a company (that you happen to own/control) just as an example, but more like starting a topic:

"My new company!

Buy hardware, really cheap!"

or something alike, is that allowed?

And 2, is it allowed to link an company (that you own/control) in your signature (aslong as the links are following the rules of signature)?

Best regards

JW

smile_o.gif

Are we allowed to make adverts (or, advertise) for companies that we ourselves control?

I believe people trying to sell stuff in the past on these forums, have had their threads closed, so I don't think so, also there are far more suited sites for this (unless you're trying to sell something OFP specific of course tounge2.gif ).

Also I don't want to be wading through loads of spam-threads to get to the serious threads that I visit this forum for...

I don't mean that pointing someone to a company (that you happen to own/control) just as an example, but more like starting a topic:

"My new company!

And 2, is it allowed to link an company (that you own/control) in your signature (aslong as the links are following the rules of signature)?

Best regards

JW

smile_o.gif

No and no.

One cannot say that it is not direct and without ambiguity whistle.gif

It is simple, if there is a problem with an order, whereas the debate was on the forum of BIS, people think immediately to bis, not necessarily with the salesman in him even.

And it is not very good for notoriety smile_o.gif

Ps : Sorry for my english, but I am french and it's now 4:08am in france, at this time, it's a quite hard to speak french, so I don't talk about english icon_rolleyes.gif

I hope that you can read my message smile_o.gif

People, people if a bot posts spam on the forum what use is replying to the thread and doing nothing else?

Use report post to a moderator and it'll get sorted, replying to the thread and doing nothing else is just dumb really banghead.gif

could we just ban all ofp.info threads? It's painfully annoying to see another, followed by another, followed by another ofp.info thread spring up because they're having a 30 second down time... you'd think some people need ofp.info like they need their heart to live.

There is no point in discussing O-T issues here. I just deleted 4 pointless posts in this thread.

Use an existing thread in the Squad & Fanpages forum from now on whenever OFP.info or any other fansite goes down.

"My new company!

Best regards

JW

smile_o.gif

No and no.

So, what's the excuse of this one passing by?

Is that why he got his 4 blocks?

any bizarre particular reason that the number of bots recently has gone up?

any bizarre particular reason that the number of bots recently has gone up?

Don't know if the last one's a bot. Bot's usually only post one time and make a new account for every time they post.

Anyway it's reported.

No idea why but it's bloody annoying sad_o.gif

Nice to come online and see 11 report post to moderators about the latest couple of bot posts, sorry I called you all dumb, I got a bit cranky sad_o.gif

No idea why but it's bloody annoying sad_o.gif

Nice to come online and see 11 report post to moderators about the latest couple of bot posts, sorry I called you all dumb, I got a bit cranky sad_o.gif

Yeah we had it at the Bushfires forums too. Everyday new bots signed up. And everyday I had to remove a bullshit post, sometimes with the most disgusting things.

Too bad there's not much you can do about it except deleting every post and account. Maybe the next IB version has better protection against bots.

arent those emails forums send out saying 'click here to activate account' meant to prevent bot spammage, or do they work their way around that?

or assuming ironsight is correct about it not being a bot, then there's not much to be done there either.

perhaps because the forum is named 'BI Forum' they think we're fascinated with sex whistle.gif

Maybe the next IB version has better protection against bots.

One can but hope smile_o.gif

arent those emails forums send out saying 'click here to activate account' meant to prevent bot spammage, or do they work their way around that?

They can work around that unfortunately. Same goes for activation codes, and if they don't work around it you got a whole lot of ghost users.

Quote[/b] ]perhaps because the forum is named 'BI Forum' they think we're fascinated with sex whistle.gif

Remember that guy who thought he would met bisexual people over here, cause he thought this was a dating forum for bisexual people? crazy_o.gif

They can work around that unfortunately. Same goes for activation codes, and if they don't work around it you got a whole lot of ghost users.

Quote[/b] ]perhaps because the forum is named 'BI Forum' they think we're fascinated with sex whistle.gif

Remember that guy who thought he would met bisexual people over here, cause he thought this was a dating forum for bisexual people? crazy_o.gif

rofl

You got an url for his thread wink_o.gif?