Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Alot of the time i am unable to login at this site, I've checked the FAQs and searched, but have not found a solution.

I get this message:Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board

please register or login

But when I try to login, the screen seams to refresh, and the massage remains. If i click on register, it allows me to atempt to register though??? it only happens to me at this site. I am allowing cookies   i would say it happens about 1/3 of the time.

Any ideas

Alot of the time i am unable to login at this site, I've checked the FAQs and searched, but have not found a solution.

I get this message:Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board

please register or login

But when I try to login, the screen seams to refresh, and the massage remains. If i click on register, it allows me to atempt to register though??? it only happens to me at this site. I am allowing cookies   i would say it happens about 1/3 of the time.

Any ideas

If I remember corretly a simular question was asked in the troubleshooting section. The simple but effective answer was that it's not the forum software, but a computer specific problem; your own computer to be more accurate. And subsequently the topic was closed.

Sounds like a cookie problem to me. Try deleting all cookies. Could be ip-related too. Next time you get that message write down your internet-ip and PM one of the moderators and we'll check the banlist.

Sounds like a cookie problem to me. Try deleting all cookies. Could be ip-related too. Next time you get that message write down your internet-ip and PM one of the moderators and we'll check the banlist.

@Newleafman

Shadow is right. You might also want to contact zigzag, who perhaps had the same problem as you had and seemsto have solved it. Chech out this (now closed) topic;

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=51662

But what do a person do if, let's say my sister (we use the same comp) want's to join these forums.

What can we do to not get banned?

Not that I'm gonna do that, nor my sister, just wondering.

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

Ok, thanks for the replies. I have set my PC to accept cookies. Still happens once an awhile thought. Shadow, I will PM you with my IP address next time this happens (when I can login of course). I am using AOL, if that matters.

But what do a person do if, let's say my sister (we use the same comp) want's to join these forums.

What can we do to not get banned?

In such a case contact a moderator and discuss the situation with them.

Ok, thanks for the replies. I have set my PC to accept cookies. Still happens once an awhile thought. Shadow, I will PM you with my IP address next time this happens (when I can login of course). I am using AOL, if that matters.

There are other possibilities.

Firewalls such zone alarm can block cookies, private headers and java scripts on any known browser under windows, check if you have such capable program running on your system.

Many programs can perform such filtering.

I tested that here and I noticed what exactly zigzag was talking about.

Just to note its not always a browser problem.

Well, my problem is AOL related. Firefox works fine. ZigZag stated he was using Netscape, which is a watered down AOL.

It just irritates me because it is random banghead.gif

i have notice that i have the same problem as newleafman, some times i get in and some not so my problem is not really solve sad_o.gif

i have zonealarm but its strange that i can log in sometimes

any idea what i can do with zonealarm so i get ridd of this problem?

peace out

zigzag

i have notice that i have the same problem as newleafman, some times i get in and some not so my problem is not really solve sad_o.gif

i have zonealarm but its strange that i can log in sometimes

any idea what i can do with zonealarm so i get ridd of this problem?

peace out

zigzag

Notice that zone alarm is possibility and not necessarily a reason for your problem many things can be.

Open zone alarm go to privacy section > main and then hit custom.

Uncheck all the blocking rules defined there.

And try to log in here.

You can apply rules per site or domain. Go to site list and see if there are any blocking rules applied to flashpoint1985.com.

If the problem persists you can PM me and ill try to help.

Am I alone to think that "rolleyes" smiley -> icon_rolleyes.gif is just a kind of flamebaiting tool for people jumping at each other throat without openly breaking the "forum rules" ?

Am I alone to think that "rolleyes" smiley -> icon_rolleyes.gif is just a kind of flamebaiting tool for people jumping at each other throat without openly breaking the "forum rules" ?

It could be used for other things.

The occasional whoops I screwed up but want to pretend like it didn't happen.

The I don't want to act like I just saw that.

Plus many more but you are also right it can be used for that.

It can be used in many ways, for example as self depracating humour, like anything if it's abused it will be dealt with, if you see such a usage then report it to a moderator.

Quote[/b] ]Am I alone to think that "rolleyes" smiley -> icon_rolleyes.gif is just a kind of flamebaiting tool for people jumping at each other throat without openly breaking the "forum rules" ?

icon_rolleyes.gif

<span style='font-size:2pt;line-height:100%'>.. sorry</span>

It can be used in many ways, for example as self depracating humour, like anything if it's abused it will be dealt with, if you see such a usage then report it to a moderator.

Well, can you point me to more than 1 case of a message in this forum using this smiley, that is not meant as a replacement for the rule breaking "idiot"-like words in replyto a message quoted or just before the one posted ?

Because, from all i can remember when i noticed this " icon_rolleyes.gif " into a message i don't remember a case where it was someone making fun of himself.

Well, can you point me to more than 1 case of a message in this forum using this smiley, that is not meant as a replacement for the rule breaking "idiot"-like words in replyto a message quoted or just before the one posted ?

At the time i mentioned that too but:

<s>Surely im not the first one to think about using outros in a MP coop mission confused_o.gif .

Mayday, mayday!!</s>

Edit:

After a couple hours sleep i was actually able to find a spelling mistake in the init file icon_rolleyes.gif , it works perfectly.

"Me hides under the desk" goodnight.gif

Here is your example Sanct, has you can see its not related to sarcasm but to my own stupidity biggrin_o.gif .

No, I'm a bit with Sanctuary, it can be used in other ways as mentioned before, but often not as HeatSeeker have done, but as Sanct says it does.

An example is a reply to his post

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

argh, he found one, i am now forced to crawl back to my cavern biggrin_o.gif

Yes you are icon_rolleyes.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I just understood you wrong, but this feels like a mark, breaking the rules, flaiming Sanct a little and getting away with it cause of " icon_rolleyes.gif "

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

EDIT: A smilie suggestion.

Stoned one tounge2.gif

stoned_rolleyes.gif

Hi Moddies

With the prospect of an Iran war seeming more and more likely do we need an Iran thread?

Kind Regards Walker

No. Too early to tell if there will be a war. until there is a definitive war declared, it should be discussed in MidEast thread.

Size rule for Flashpoint Photography?

800 wide is perfect, it doesn't make the page longer, but still is big and nice tounge2.gif

Still thouhg, 100KB rule kept (of course)

Any chance of spliting the Real life Photography thread? It's 208 pages now..

- Ben

Size rule for Flashpoint Photography?

800 wide is perfect, it doesn't make the page longer, but still is big and nice tounge2.gif

Still thouhg, 100KB rule kept (of course)

800px wide was so 2 years ago.

Is it possible to disable this:

Quote[/b] ]You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: ]http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

Would be great if we could hotling images without an extension confused_o.gif

EDIT:

My post screwed the page up. Fixed by editing the post.