Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Would be great if we could hotling images without an extension  confused_o.gif

Uhm.. Pics must have extensions.. That's what makes them pics...

Right?

huh.gif

Would be great if we could hotling images without an extension  confused_o.gif

Right?

huh.gif

No.

Would be great if we could hotling images without an extension confused_o.gif

Right?

huh.gif

No. Photos in large databases only have ID's.

Here are just some random examples:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc....4359DFA

Gettyimages

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.y....hIUAw--

Yahoo news

Would be great if the extensions could be disabled. I am sick and tired of having to re-upload images just because the forum software doesn't like images without extensions.

So use the URL-tag instead. I dont see a big deal with this. I rarely come across images I feel the urge to post anywhere else that have no extension.

The Report to MOD link, it says this is to be used for Abusive posts only, what if i see a post that hs no purpose in that thread say and Addon Discussion post in the General section how do i report his to a MOD?

The Report to MOD link, it says this is to be used for Abusive posts only, what if i see a post that hs no purpose in that thread say and Addon Discussion post in the General section how do i report his to a MOD?

One off-topic post alone does'nt necessarily warrant a report_to_mods, but if the discussion turns off topic then feel free to report it. That's not to say one off-topic post every now and then is encouraged, but you get the picture smile_o.gif

--

np, Bals

I was just wondering if there was some way you guys could merge the Latest Screenshots thread and the ArmA Progress Updates thread into one. The majority of the time the two threads end up discussing the exact same thing anyway. For example an interview with new screenshots is introduced in the latest screenshots thread and we start talking about the interview and the screenshots.

Just thought it would make life a little bit easier on people so they don't keep checking two threads and getting the same info.

Guest Ti0n3r

Agreed. It's a bit confusing when there's two pinned threads about virtually the same topic.

I think it's better left that way. When the screenshots were getting released people wanted to discuss screenshots, and the news thread was just there to discuss other info about ARmA. Now that most of the news come with screenshots the two threads practically have similar info.

I don't see much need to merge the two.

I have problem with a situation going down in the USA politics thread. It's my belief that Ralph Wiggum is being a bit unscrupulous with his moderator position. Being a bit of a bully if you will.

Quote[/b] ]nemesis6, I'm getting tired of your "media bias" angle on all these. I beleive I issued a warning related to those before.

So you are threatening him because he has a view point that you disagree with? Perhaps you shouldn’t be moderating this thread any longer, it seems as if you are letting your bias get in the way of your moderating position.

I disagree with Walker’s conspiracy theories a lot. However if I were a moderator would it not be wrong for me to say “Walker I’m getting tired of your “Neo Con entryist†group angle.†And then threaten to “punish†him if he continued to do so? The answer is yes it would be wrong. I disagree with Walker but it is well within his right to add his opinion to a political thread in the offtopic section just as much so as it’s Nemisis6’s right to add his.

I pose this question directly to you Ralph Wiggum: if Nemisis6’s “media bias angle†is unacceptable, how come the “Fox news is biased†angle is acceptable? Regularly people make their opinion on Fox news bias known and you do not bat an eye, yet when Nemisis has a media bias opinion you do.

Correct me if I’m wrong but it could be construed that since you agree with the Fox news is biased angle that you do nothing, yet you disagree with the bias angle Nemisis puts forward and abuse your moderator position to silence his opinion.

In any event silencing some ones opinion you disagree with by using your moderator privileges is bad form. Either debate his opinion with him fairly like the rest of us must do (as we can’t simply ban people we disagree with) or bite your tongue. Don’t take the cheap route and use your moderator abilities to silence those you disagree with.

nemesis6 has a history of driving topics off the intended discussion. For example, in Iraq thread(pg 228)

Quote[/b] ]Just what I needed: Another leftist rant from a person of Germanic origin. No, seriously, I need that every now and then to remind me why I don't conform to the belief of the hippies whose signs I see every time I pass by the ministry building where I live, and here you come to make it crystal clear to me why I shouldn't live in the left's world of lollipops, puppies, and global communism.
Quote[/b] ]You clearly didn't read much of what I presented to you. The difference between HonestReporting and AP is that HonestReporting doesn't have as much of an agenda as AP does.
Quote[/b] ]I won't debate their partiality with you. Their interest to fight media bias clearly came from partiality -- which, in their case, was the British media -- in the media. Denying their research's legality on the ground that the creators were Jewish isn't really that logical, is it?

The whole point, at least in my opinion, is that normal people are more apathetic to demonization of other cultures or people than people who are actually the ones being villainized.

Speaking of winning awards - Arafat got a Nobel peace price... did that make him a man of peace? Same goes for the Associated Press, as far as journalistic professionalism goes.

And there are some more. Given that he has deliberately and knowingly went off topic, I find it prudent to intervene whenever he tries to derail the discussion. His interest in the topics are only on "media bias".

The difference between Walker's situation and nemesis6's situation is that Walker's conspiracy theories at least stay on topic with the thread's discussion, while as nemesis6's posts do not have direct relations to topics on hand.

A few years ago, there was a member who constantly talked about "evil USA." he got repeated warnings and I made it clear that his nonsensical posts are not welcome. Same goes for nemesis6 if he keeps on doing things that I warned him about.

Quote[/b] ] In any event silencing some ones opinion you disagree with by using your moderator privileges is bad form. Either debate his opinion with him fairly like the rest of us must do (as we can’t simply ban people we disagree with) or bite your tongue. Don’t take the cheap route and use your moderator abilities to silence those you disagree with.

This is a private forum. I don't have to guarantee freedom of speech. However, I try to stay neutral - but if you want, I can forget about being neutral now on.

Quote[/b] ]However, I try to stay neutral - but if you want, I can forget about being neutral now on.

Clearly he questions your current neutrality, and want you to be more neutral, not the opposite. I don't see a reason why you would attack him with such a comment, he obviously didnt knew Nemesis6 history. So unless you think he is right, I cannot see why such a comment would help anything?

The primary concern of the mods is maintaining order, and in heated political debates that can be difficult.

Of course we (mods) all have our own personal opinions, but we do our best to enforce forum rules unilaterally and without bias.

As far as I can tell Ralph is 100% in the right - he is trying to keep the discussion on topic and warning a member known to be problematic.

Anyway, discussion of specific instances isn't really what this thread is for - that is better done in PMs. If you don't feel that you can discuss it with the moderator in question, Placebo (and the other mods, for that matter) is always willing to listen to your point of view.

This isn't a rule question per se, but I was just curious about these two things:

WTF1.jpg

What is this?

WTF2.jpg

How can I change my members group? It seems people do it every day, but I can't find where to do it. Is this something the moderators do? I was pleased when mine turned into "Advanced Member." The next step up is "OF Fan," I know, but how do custom messages show up there?

Cheers, mods. Sorry for being annoying lately + stuff. biggrin_o.gif

The first one is the warn-level, which indicates 1/5 right now (you don't really want to have that).

The second one . . . well, you can't change your member group smile_o.gif

Only admins can. Or tricks . . .

Guest Ti0n3r
Or tricks?

php_avatar2.gif Tricks whistle.gif

Generally you dont want to ask us moderators for a custom title. I have yet to see anyone get what they want biggrin_o.gif

After all those years some still jockeing for those titles. Unbeleivable, but true.

Makes you important I guess ...

Generally you dont want to ask us moderators for a custom title. I have yet to see anyone get what they want biggrin_o.gif

Oh, now I feel extra special biggrin_o.gif

*still remembers the havok caused by the first custom titles, such as a tribute to Satan's lack of personal hygene and a Royal's genitalia.

I got mine from a Hulk Hogan Picture I had wink_o.gif I blame Fubar