Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

I can confirm that a FDF bicycle is being planned, you will probably see it in version 1.1 ...

The thing is, when does the version 1.1 come out? I'm sure everyone needs a break now after working so hard with the 1.0 release.

I can confirm that a FDF bicycle is being planned, you will probably see it in version 1.1 ...

The thing is, when does the version 1.1 come out? I'm sure everyone needs a break now after working so hard with the 1.0 release.

That´s OK, it´s almost perfect as it is.

I´ve noticed that most really great mods come with a

"when it´s done" schedule wink_o.gif

Ah, great. But it's true, after this great achievement you all deserve a break.

Though, it seems like I found a bug. If anyone said this before me, it looks like I'm becoming blind. But anyway, non-winter Reservist NCO and Officer doesn't seem to have pistol proxies, or what those things are in modmaker-language, anyway, they have invisible pistols.

Thanks all for these bugreports. We definately look into them for the next release. Keep 'em coming....

Well, the Finnish chair is "red" (enemy) if you look at it in the tactical view, the ammo cart has a tube coming out of it (it´s a retextured fuel cart, right?), and yes, almost all soldiers have a missing texture around the waist area, you see it best with the Special Jaegers, the Ukko-Pekka iron sights are different from the other weapons and look pretty ugly, the CAS Hawk´s HUD says AIM9 even though it doesn´t have any AIMs...You can´t tell if the missiles on the BMPs are reloaded or not since the name is blue all the time, before it was red while it was reloading...

And don´t the RK-95 and RK-62 really use the same mags? I know that you have to name them differently since the ammo name appears in the top left corner, not the weapon name...a solution would be to use the Joint Ammo and Mags or JAM system and use calibre names instead...

Can you guys try to ovecome the problem of fonts for Polish players for next release. I can send send you fonts pbos from OFP PL, and maybe you would find a solution.

After some testing I can say that FDF is a 1st class mod but there is one thing that ruins all the experience for us...

The increased handshake while aiming is IMHO overdone and hope you guys tone it down quite a bit. I have no problems that it's hard to aim standing up but when you crouch or go prone the aim should be stable. Even going prone with the sniper rifle using bipod the aim are shaking like I'm having a bad hangover after to much Vodka tounge_o.gif

Other than that this mod is great! Thanks for sharing it and kudos to everyone involved!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I like the extensive handshaking, and don't think it's overdone. Quite frankly, it's damn hard to keep your hand still, and in original OFP it just was too easy to aim at large distances. This way it makes it real hard to shoot at someone far away, and it adds to the realism and the feeling of combat.

I think the shaking is pretty much perfect, in vanilla OFP it´s too easy to snipe with assault rifles.

Firing any rifle while standing is not very stable on, let alone in combat conditions. Also, OFP has limited ground features to shield you from bullets, so it's better to increase some movement in the aiming rather than add artificial inaccuracy like dispersion in like in Nam pack. I prefer that rifles will shoot where the sights are.

BTW. send the polish font files to:

gblake@luukku.com

We certainly give it a shot at fixing that...

I just want to flipp in my 2 cents here too. smile_o.gif

Universally this is a great mod! but the handshake is overdone imo too. Right now the shake is so big that it more reminds of lagg then of how i experiance the barrelswing while shooting.

If you don't plan to change it maybe you could enlighten us "nay-sayers" on where in the ccp it could be changed? smile_o.gif

Note that if youre exhausted the accuracy is bad too.. catch a breath and lie down, its almost at the level of the original game..

I love this pack. The only problem I have is that the finnish flag doesn't show up. It says "cannot find flags/finland.jpg"

Firing any rifle while standing is not very stable on, let alone in combat conditions. Also, OFP has limited ground features to shield you from bullets, so it's better to increase some movement in the aiming rather than add artificial inaccuracy like dispersion in like in Nam pack. I prefer that rifles will shoot where the sights are.

BTW. send the polish font files to:

gblake@luukku.com

We certainly give it a shot at fixing that...

At least you could remove the shaky binoculars. I dont understand what that's all about?

It feels like someone is using a "iskuporakone" on your head while you look throu the bino's.

you guys who argue that the handshake is too much, have you ever shot a large rifle before? if you have you know its quite hard to hold it stable no matter the position, even for a strong person its quite hard to hold it stable standing up like they do in ofp, even with a light gun such as an M16

The hand shaking doesnt bother me at all,feels real...the problem is that I've noticed the AI's dont seem to be much affected by it as do the human players

Quote[/b] ]Firing any rifle while standing is not very stable on, let alone in combat conditions.

Blake, re-read my post. I have no problems with the standing position.

you guys who argue that the handshake is too much, have you ever shot a large rifle before?

I think the bipod on a sniper rifles would help keeping a rifle steady in prone position, dont you? Also in RL I could rest any gun against any object (stone, tree, logs, my backpack) and also control my breathing to get a much steadier aim but since none of this is modelled in OFP i'ts my opinion that it's a bit overdone in prone and crouch positon.

As I said I have no problems that things are shaky when firing standing since this is hard in RL, a tad easier if you can rest your rifle on an object. In the winter we used our skipoles (sp?) as aiming aid when firing standing.

Anyway, each to his own I guess and I just gave my feedback to this otherwise great mod and hope the FDF team finds a nice "compromise" thats suits as many as possible but most important suits themself!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I put myself as leader of a Jaeger group with a normal medic in my group....then jumped as pilot into a plane, ordered them all to board the plane after me...but before I gave the order they were all put as "away" and started running off....then when I gave the order they were just standing outside of the plane doing nothing.

Those Jaeger's sure are dangerous crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

Yes redliner, I do very well know the feeling of shooting with a "large caliber" gun, in my case the AK-4 (G3A3) as it is my service weapon. I'm not a large or strongly built guy and yet I managed to gun down 5 targets with doubble shots in ~7 seconds during combat shooting drills in my basic training. Range was 200-250 meters and in flare light. I'd not take that as a rule during an "adrenaline rush" of combat though but anyway just for the "record". smile_o.gif

I experiance a more vivid shake in mp then in sp it seems. In sp it is ok but when I and KeyCat played coop yesterday the swinging was experianced as being more pronounced. Usually we don't have any fps/lagg problems (ping about 15-25) but it really hit us as a thad bit much last night.

On a related note, is the AI somehow effected by this barrelsway also?

hey can someone please help. i updated my geforce 4 driver and the mod still causes my computer to restart when i launch it. sad_o.gif

Sounds like a mass desertion. I suggest you place a few MPs around them :P

Dumb me. Inre: Ex-Ronin's post

Sounds like a mass desertion. I suggest you place a few MPs around them :P

I'm not THAT bad a pilot that they have to run away from me sad_o.gif

I decided to post a little review of the units here, because I realized that most of the non-Finnish people who have downloaded the mod might not have proper knowledge about the units and their roles. So, here we go, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you very much. smile_o.gif