Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

I'm going to upload FDF MOD to my server but I want to conserve disk space, what folders and files can I safely delete on the server side?

I think you can safely leave the "voice" and "sounds" directories out... Everything else is required.

I'm going to upload FDF MOD to my server but I want to conserve disk space, what folders and files can I safely delete on the server side?

I think you can safely leave the "voice" and "sounds" directories out... Everything else is required.

That's what I wanted to hear! Thanks smile_o.gif

@ Aug. 26 2003,07:12)]
I believe most of the users want to keep their OFP "untouched", and still be able to use the FDFMOD units / game settings.

Thats what the FDF.exe is for isnt it?

In the next version are you planning on having it set up were dedicated servers wont crash if someone connects using the mod? Or at least make it were people using the fdf.exe can only connect to servers using the fdf.exe(if it is possible to do this? like resistance to cwc)

That .exe just starts OFP with -mod attribute.

Are WE planning to do something about crashing? There isn't a lot WE could do about it.

You've probably heard about OFP (beta at the moment) patch 1.92. Clip from readme:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

1.92  - Fixed: Crashes in MP when somebody used ammunition which does not exist on other computers (for example in mods)

1.92  - Added: Testing of -mod compatibility in MP

smile_o.gif

Aha, I knew readmes were there for a reason. Thanks smile_o.gif

Excellent mod! Outstanding work, people! biggrin_o.gif

Haven't been around for a while and I was very positively surprised when I found out that FDF and v1.92beta version of the game have been released. Oh joy, now I can play it with my old comp without constantly being thrown out to desktop! smile_o.gif

Offtopic: Bad i think wink_o.gif

And more bad things happen if we dont talk about FDF MOD

Ontopic: Well are you guys gonna release single .pbo's so evry one can play with your addon's?

No. Splitting Mod to different addons would require some work and we have enough things to do already for next version of FDFMod.

However if someone else wants to make their own addons based on our work, we are willing to give out models and stuff. Actually there's quite a lot models made by other addon teams in FDFMod which we just retextured and modified and other mods have used our models in their addons.

No. Splitting Mod to different addons would require some work and we have enough things to do already for next version of FDFMod.

However if someone else wants to make their own addons based on our work, we are willing to give out models and stuff. Actually there's quite a lot models made by other addon teams in FDFMod which we just retextured and modified and other mods have used our models in their addons.

Well...i like to do that for you guy's and even split evry pbo so more people can play with it but i like to re do some of your things to so i hope you can send me some models that are not secured so i can open them in 02 and edit them good idea or what?

There are several things that only work with the entire reworked configuration, so it would just cause confusion. When 1.92 is released FDF Mod should work on every system without problems.

Well are you guys gonna release single .pbo's so evry one can play with your addon's?

I think that ain´t gonna happen. And what is your problem, why can´t you download the whole pack and play with it? We´re trying to represent the whole finnish army and it´s very useful to have everything in one pack. The story would be a bit different if this was a fucking m14 aimpoint+5000 variations pack, then it would a be nice idea to separate the pack. As an example do you ask day of defeat mod to separate their work to little pieces?

Well...i like to do that for you guy's and even split evry pbo so more people can play with it but i like to re do some of your things to so i hope you can send me some models that are not secured so i can open them in 02 and edit them good idea or what?

Negative on that Houston. I'm against giving stuff to invidual people who just make minor modifications and then release it.

I really hate idea of splitting FDF Mod into small addons. Over my dead body!  ghostface.gif

Sjees...Chil out i dident know you guys where getting angry on me......

They're not angry with you. The even ended their post with a smiley: ghostface.gif

crazy_o.gif

Sjees...Chil out i dident know you guys where getting angry on me......

Oops. We are not angry biggrin_o.gif

Just mad about that idea crazy_o.gif

Never understood the point of minorly modified addons, its not like many people use them. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And what is your problem, why can´t you download the whole pack and play with it?

Because it would take me a week of uninterupted downloading to get it, and I can only use 200hrs a month before they cut me off.

Because it would take me a week of uninterupted downloading to get it, and I can only use 200hrs a month before they cut me off.

It takes roughly ~11 hours to download FDFMOD with 56k. Uninterrupted or not, you can always find some mirror on list that supports resuming the download. And you probably have friend/relative/workplace/school/library/netcafe with broadband and cdrw.

If not, you can always try PM some of team in hope of free FDFMOD CD wink_o.gif

Well i dont have an problem with it ( trhe size ) because i have ADSL so thats fast and i am the whole day online ( well my PC ) but the 56K'ers it takes long to download so maybe you can talk with BIS on releasing it on an CD ?

Well i dont have an problem with it ( trhe size ) because i have ADSL so thats fast and i am the whole day online ( well my PC ) but the 56K'ers it takes long to download so maybe you can talk with BIS on releasing it on an CD ?

Maybe when FDFMOD is finished... maybe. But at this point, we have still a lot of stuff to do. We are missing atleast the following:

- Single player campaign(s) atleast on Finnish side

- Some quite important equipment (especially artillery)

- New island(s)

- Better support for localized versions of OFP (Czech, Polish, French)

@ Sep. 09 2003,14:24)]- New island(s)

Could we have an idea what these islands will be like? Maybe some pics? Pretty please! smile_o.gif

I can imagine the cover already: Operation flashpoint: FDF and a finnish conscript pointing at your face with a RK-62. biggrin_o.gif