Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Ultimate c-130 released by hawk

Nice addon but it is unuseable. Why ? AI can't fly it. I don't care who was the consultant - a tractor driver or a jet pilot. It is OFP not real world. Speed limit must be 300. Authors must make sharper turns. AND DON'T FORGET THAT IT WILL BE MOSTLY FLOWN BY AI TO MAKE PARADROPS IN THE MISSIONS !!!

The Hercules have a max speed of 600+ Knots that is about 1200 km/h (subsonic all the way)

Get your facts straight - the max speed is 348 knots (644 km/h) - nearly half of your claim.

http://www.lmaeronautics.com/products/airmobility/c-130/specs.html

I agree 100%

http://globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/c-130j-specs.htm

http://globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/c-130-specs.htm

Adammo's C130, can anyone point me to this addon so I can have a comparison. I have capt moores C130.1a and the RAF badged c-130, are these one and the same??

Captain Moore and Adammo are one and the same person. Don't know about the RAF C130.

The Hercules have a max speed of 600+ Knots that is about 1200 km/h (subsonic all the way)

Get your facts straight - the max speed is 348 knots (644 km/h) - nearly half of your claim.

Yes you are right, I apologize a stupid mistake. I was aware of the proper figures but I was rather upset by other issues whenI did the post so I rushed my answer confusing units. Hehe just a mishap on numbers, sorry.

I want to make an statement anyway.

I had no idea that Hawk, (if Hawk has been the person who has released the plane) have planned to release the plane yesterday, it still contains several "issues" I was expecting to be corrected.

I also see that in some conditions the turning is not as tight as it was on the bet version I tested lately. LOL I have just DL this public released version.

Anyway the plane can be flown nicely provided you use full controls that is ailerons, rudder and elevator to coordinate your turns.

AI can nicely fly the plane, they just cannot take off as far as I know. If you place the plane with AI pilot from start you can even asign him an altitude to hold on init line "this flyInHeight 1000" and create an orbit circuit.

The AI also lands the plane in long runways on original BIS islands if properly commanded.

I am trying to contact HAwk to find out what is going on, who released the plane at this stage and if the other modifications we were talking about including the grey version will be released or what.

Quote[/b] ]i dont know if this has been mentioned but what is the init code to make ai paradrop when the plane arrives on a trigger ?

you need 2 triggers:

1st.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[nameofplane] exec "\HWK_c130\script\parasoldiers.sqs" this preps for the jump (ramp opens, slows down)

2nd.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

nameofplane animate ["jump",1]

makes the contents of the plane jump

Well thnxs for the Code mate ;) but are you sure that this is th right version because on what i saw and heard the plane flyed like a bird so better handeling and where are those standing up animations ( you know if you select the group prepare thing they just sit down and do nothing ) there is a bug in it: if you press the group prepare button and then groep jump the units in the cargo area will turn white like cartoon stuff so whats that and are we going to see a better version ( with better handeling and stuff ) and i told you on the old topic a newer and better version needs to be here wink_o.gif

Yes you are right, I apologize a stupid mistake. I was aware of the proper figures but I was rather upset by other issues whenI did the post so I rushed my answer confusing units. Hehe just a mishap on numbers, sorry.

I want to make an statement anyway.

I had no idea that Hawk, (if Hawk has been the person who has released the plane) have planned to release the plane yesterday, it still contains several "issues" I was expecting to be corrected.

I also see that in some conditions the turning is not as tight as it was on the bet version I tested lately. LOL I have just DL this public released version.

Anyway the plane can be flown nicely provided you use full controls that is ailerons, rudder and elevator to coordinate your turns.

AI can nicely fly the plane, they just cannot take off as far as I know. If you place the plane with AI pilot from start you can even asign him an altitude to hold on init line "this flyInHeight 1000" and create an orbit circuit.

The AI also lands the plane in long runways on original BIS islands if properly commanded.

I am trying to contact HAwk to find out what is going on, who released the plane at this stage and if the other modifications we were talking about including the grey version will be released or what.

Thanks for the update Furia.   I respect your experience, but PLEASE, and I am BEGGING you here, please try to encourage HAWK to give it a nice a nice tight turning radius WITHOUT having to use rudder controls and all that.  I don't think many of us have a full flight simulation control system or know how or care to lear how to use them on the keyboard.  Most of us just fly planes with a mouse and using the thrust key on the keyboard.   Also I have yet to see the AI land on Nogova (the AI pilot just turns and turns and turns and never lands the last time I tested that). If the plane can do a reasonably tight turn easily by the average OFP player with just a mouse, chances are that the AI will also fly the plane very nicely.

If you haven't tried it, I encourage you to check out the old Antonov An-124 Condor addon (the old one, not Hawk's modified one).    

There you will get an example of how a big cargo plane should handle in OFP.   It flies beautifully and has what seems like a more realistic turning radius just using a mouse to fly it.

In other words it is PLAYABLE by the average OFP player and most importantly, the AI pilots fly the plane expertly and can take off and land the plane with few problems.

I really hope that this C130 will eventually be able to fly like the Konyak's Condor (sorry I keep calling him Kodyak, LOL!).

If Hawk is able to get his C130 to fly like that or very close to that, then he will have an almost PERFECT addon for OFP that will become an OFP standard.  

Here is a link to the An-124 download for anyone that wants to compare the two:

http://www.opflashpoint.org/downloads/addons/394-Atonov124.zip

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sounds cool.

I play lots of flight sims, and am a big nut on realistic flight models.

OFP's physics make all simulations "approximate". The best you can do is produce something that produces results approximately like the real thing.

The weakest part of OFP's simulation is the flight model. Coupled with the viewdistance and terrain size necessary for infantry combat (the heart of OFP, in my opinion), the experience of flying a plane just isn't that spectacular.

But a C-130 is nice to have. My dream C-130 would be one that the AI took off, landed and flew without crashing much. Yeah, it's got to kick out paratroopers, but we also need it parked on the tarmac, loading and unloading, landing and taking off.

I've been thinking about some sort of Khe San mission lately, and AI-flown C-130s would be sweet for that.

Not bad. Everyone has mentioned the turning so i wont say any more about that.

I just tried it with ai. Man, its hard to refuel with them going full throttle.

so now that we have this c 130. Whos taking on the gunship version? wink_o.gifrock.gif

Gunship version?rock.gif  Hehehehe.  For that you'd need a REALLY REALLY tight turning radius.  I had forgotten about them and how tight they turn while doing their orbit around a target (another example of how tightly this model should be able to turn).   But to answer your question an AC-130 isn't possible yet because of OFP game-engine limitations.  From what I understand guns can only be facing foward on "plane" class objects and can't be facing sideways... they also don't move.  However several talented addon makers are working on this problem, so ya never know, someone might come up with some extremely clever scripting to solve this problem.   An AC-130 based on this model would be SUPER sweet!!  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i have notice a problem with the units in the c-130... they turn 2D!!

i have tried allsort of things but no matter wat the men inside the c-130 turn to 2D models.. only when u zoom in do they turn back to 3D... same with when there out of the c-130 there 3D it only happens when in cargo or pilot.. it doesnt matter how many untis are in cara.. even havening one incargo makes him 2D.... i havent had this problem until now...no wat on earth happend... does any one else have this problem?

The weakest part of OFP's simulation is the flight model.  Coupled with the viewdistance and terrain size necessary for infantry combat (the heart of OFP, in my opinion), the experience of flying a plane just isn't that spectacular.

Yes, infantry combat really is supposed to be the heart of OFP, all aircraft (especially planes) are, more or less, bonuses.

BIS never said that OFP is some kind of flight simulator, wonder why they only made a Cessna and a simple A10 for OFP 1.0? The Su-25 is only an A-10 clone anyway, and has probably been made to balance the game.

i have notice a problem with the units in the c-130... they turn 2D!!

i have tried allsort of things but no matter wat the men inside the c-130 turn to 2D models.. only when u zoom in do they turn back to 3D... same with when there out of the c-130 there 3D it only happens when in cargo or pilot.. it doesnt matter how many untis are in cara.. even havening one incargo makes him 2D.... i havent had this problem until now...no wat on earth happend... does any one else have this problem?

Ah yes... I had forgotten about that bug.   I also have the same problem. If I turn to the side in the cargo area, the troops sitting next to me turn all pixellated and 2-D.   Very bizarre.  I have never seen that bug before in any OFP addon.  You have admit though that it looks very funny.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Guest BratZ

Awesome work, you can tell alot of work is put into this.Thank you guys much.I don't wanna complain much but I agree with the turning radius, I have the plane at 90 degree bank or more and that can't be realistic,the soldiers in cargo would complain and cargo would be slamming the insides.I don't see the rudder move and it also drives like its not moving.

I also would like to be able to walk to the cockpit and be able to enter the plane using the front door.But all in all we needed this transport plane bad.If you plan on working on it some more maybe fix some of the things that people have mentioned, I suppose AI usage would be of most importance right now.I offered to beta test your plane, really should have given me one night with this plane,lol, but I am pretty busy with the WW2 stuff anyways.

Great job!! And thanx for this great addon!!

Excelent addon!

Can anybody tell me how we can start "Initiate refuel"

I have this option but how it works - I try and it's unpossible for me ( for AI too as always ).

1C130ref.JPG

2C130ref.JPG

3C130ref.JPG

Wow, excellent addon  biggrin_o.gif

Severly dissapointed with this addon, need alot of work.

Make up your mind!

great addon flies pretty decent for a non simulation..my only thing is why no US markings? we need a 130 with US markings...

great addon flies pretty decent for a non simulation..my only thing is why no US markings? we need a 130 with US markings...

who cares about US markings!

Many countries use this plane and with no markings you can use it with any international country or in any modern battle

before we get into a international tussle..

we need user definable textures where you can set them to a few different air forces.

no.. not the squad.xml. You can set custom textures. See BAS's rangers.