Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Ultimate c-130 released by hawk

It is available for hire biggrin_o.gif

Hmm...HOW MUCH??!

I got a ton of stuff to shift and I can't be arsed to drive accross the country with it! crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Only a ton sad_o.gif

They deal in hundreds of tons. You could try filling in their enquiry form to get a quote. biggrin_o.gif

I believe it uses 66 kgs of fuel per kilometre 1 kg is litre you need to work out how many kilomteres it is you need to go. Then add in airport landing and take off fees plus fees for to and from your location and endpoint to its base or current location then chuck in bagage handling at both ends and ATC fees, commision, etc, etc.

It wont be cheap but if you need to move a 125 to 250 ton cargo from A to B and there are no roads between them it is your only option. Hence Boeings interest.

By the way it was lifiting a 145 ton tranformer around the US this March.

Kind Regards Walker

There is a b-52 around,

dl link from ofp.info

which flies pretty well for a big bird, although it could do with some alternative weapons loads and more detailed textures.

Are contra-rotating props possible such as on the TU-95? One of these would be great for intercept missions with a tomcat off a aircraft carrier!

There is a b-52 around,

dl link from ofp.info

which flies pretty well for a big bird, although it could do with some alternative weapons loads and more detailed textures.

Are contra-rotating props possible such as on the TU-95? One of these would be great for intercept missions with a tomcat off a aircraft carrier!

Hmmm...Now that you mention contra rotating props...The V-80 (or KA-50 as it is called nowadays) has contra rotating rotors,although may seem strange after having been playing OFP so long I can't actually remember if the OFP one has rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

If it has then there shouldn't be any probs making contra rotating props IMO

the KA050 does work right in OFP.. other wise i doubt they would of added that addon wink_o.gif

Hmm...still no mention of AI not following waypoints? I'm so confused...Also, after dePBO'ing to look for the paradrop scripts, my file was empty! So confused... crazy_o.gif

Thats because its a resistance pbo and you need to do a little hex editing before dePboing the addon.

the KA050 does work right in OFP.. other wise i doubt they would of added that addon  wink_o.gif

Hmm...Would help a great deal if you actually read what I wrote rock.gif

I said that I was unsure if the contra-rotating rotors were modelled on the OFP V-80 (KA-50 Hokum) wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]yes i have noticed that the 2 back doors slide up not open out

The starboard and portside rear doors do slide up to open in real life.....Why? Because they are exclusively paratroop doors and it's pretty damn hard to open a door outward or inward at 90-100 knots.

Edit: I know there is a feature where you can load and eject objects like a jeep or HMMWV from the C-130.....I did it once by mistake and have not been able to do it again. What's the trick?

LOL, I'd agree its pretty tough to open a door outward, but I'd bet it'd be all too easy to open one inward! tounge_o.gif I certainly wouldn't want to be the dude standing next to it.

Quote[/b] ]yes i have noticed that the 2 back doors slide up not open out

The starboard and portside rear doors do slide up to open in real life.....Why? Because they are exclusively paratroop doors and it's pretty damn hard to open a door outward or inward at 90-100 knots.

Edit: I know there is a feature where you can load and eject objects like a jeep or HMMWV from the C-130.....I did it once by mistake and have not been able to do it again. What's the trick?

You just have to drive really far in, the option should appear after the "Close doors" option disappears. Careful though, the roadways are messed up and before you know it, you could be bouncing around in there.

@SGTKOPP.

What are those hangars and tents with antenna on that pick?

what add on they belong? Any link? smile_o.gif

@SGTKOPP.

What are those hangars and tents with antenna on that pick?

what add on they belong? Any link? smile_o.gif

Yes a very good addon it is,I'd recommend them,Furia  smile_o.gif

No tent in the pack though

I dont have any problems with the jeep and some other cars but when I try to get a bike/HMMV in the C130 the thing starts to bounch like hell.

and a nother thing:

if you rig up your transport in the C130 it disapeers then but its stil there so any 1 knows whats the problem with that?

Just one note about cargo inside.

This add on is not designed to carry physically the cargo inside cargo bay. Transporting cargo is done through scripts.

So to load one jeep inside the plane, a script will come along the add on. This script will allow you while in game to select via action menu to load that jeep inside C-130. You will not see it inside, but it will be "inside".

Once you reach the delivery point you only have to order drop cargo. The rear doer will open and "voila" there is your jeep with a parachute.

HAwk has considered a script such the one used by BAS on MH-47 that enabled you to drive the jeep inside and "lock it" inside. He finally decided to use other approach due the huge load on CPU by that option (contant script loop checking)

This add on uses a different approach. To load such cargo you need to have the jeep close to a C-130 and select this option. Jeep dissapears but it is inside the plane although you cannot see it.

Despite this, C-130 is limited on number and size of cargo to realistic figures, so no M1A1 paradrop from C-130.

I want you all to know that HAwk and I resumed work on a much completed version of the plane.

On this version  we are practically addressing ALL reported bugs plus some other stuff that was left behind on the released version. I hope this time we can announce you a FINAL version with all stuff working and fixed.

I am not sure how long will it take, couple of weeks probably but I hope it will be worth the wait.

Will this new version turn better then the last version? If the AI pilots can follow waypoints accurately with it and land it well, then I think it'd be close to being perfect. Dropping cargo is not that big of a deal to me as there are great scripts that allow that to be simulated outside of the ones that already come with the plane. So that's no biggie.

To me whether or not the addon remains just eye candy or something more hinges almost entirely on whether or not the handling will be improved. I'll probably still use it regardless but it would only have very limited mission usage as it is and would be difficult to use for dynamic resupply missions where the AI pilot takes off and flies to your position and drops supplies or vehicles near you and then lands again ready for more resupply missions.

But that would require vastly better flight handling and turning ratio then what the present version has (and better then Adammo's C130 as well) so that the AI don't just fly in endless circles trying to get to one waypoint.

So anyhoo..... I sincerely hope that this C130 will really be THE final word in C130 addons as everything else about it is absolutely stunning!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sorry to dredge up a dead thread, but...

Anybody figure out how to have the AI land one of these? I still can't get it.

Sorry to dredge up a dead thread, but...

Anybody figure out how to have the AI land one of these?  I still can't get it.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but they AI abolutely suck when it comes to landing, and for that matter, going anywhere else! However, on the plus side, the new ground steering makes it possible for the AI to take off, it's just the landing thats the problem. I do love the graphics and the idea of the paradrop, it's just a pity that a couple of minor problems are spoiling such a fantastic addon.

As I already told, we are working on this and other bugs.

HAwk is really making an excellent job addressing all bug one by one.

Be sure the flight model will be changed for a more acceptable one.

Also some other "nice stuff" is being implemented.

Now, when you release defensive flares, instead of just a single super flare that stopped any missile under any condition, we have a more realistic flare scheme release that is not 100% effective, so you should not just sit flying around while enemy planes waste all missiles on you and you got never hit  wink_o.gif

You also can see here a more realistic flare dispersion pattern.

GCS0049.jpg

Hawk is also implementing a grey version at this time (still need some minnor touches about colour and markings)

grey2.jpg

grey.jpg

The refueling is still on the works, plus MANY other stuff and issues.

Here is a screenie from a Chinook Cockpit while reueling from probe.

GCS0017.jpg

As you see Hawk is working and aiming for a definitive and complte bug free version (I am helping as much as I can but most of the merit goes to Hawk)

Work is well advanced with new (different from released version) scripting.

So be patient we will make it worth the wait.  smile_o.gif

One question, will it be possible with the updated version to eject like usual (i.e. like when using any other plane/chopper)? Or will this only be possible using the script that comes with the addon? Maybe you could consider allowing bothapproaches (toggled by using a global variable)?

Yes of course, anyone can eject using the conventional way. This Grupu Parachute script allows the team leader or the pilot to paradrop all troops on his command on a desiganted areas.

Of course a soldier can jum at any time using "Eject" however he will not get the ramp open neither the side text or red and green lights.

smile_o.gif

One thing that is disturbing about almost every plane addon (and some ground vehicle addons, too) is the yellow text in the box.

Could you please change the yellow text color, so that it is green when friendly and red when enemy? (if you don't know what I mean, look at the first screenshot!)

It's only a small thing and almost unimportant, but please do it for game consistence, thanks!