Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Ultimate c-130 released by hawk

Wow, excellent addon  biggrin_o.gif

stupidc130.jpg

stupidc1301.jpg

stupidc1302.jpg

I finally got a Hummer in there, but i cant see it?! Oh and I got a BTR-80 in there too. Too bad after I released it and tried to bail I had no parachute, TWICE!  mad_o.gif

Severly dissapointed with this addon, need alot of work.

PS Sorry for low quality pics, I run at 1072x760, and resizing kills. sad_o.gif

I would have to agree with everything MilesTeg said...

BEAUTIFUL, and AMBITIOUS addon...but needs a few things addressed (flight model, take off / landing by AI)

I also feel the plane flys a little too fast (it is configed for 600)

should be more like 200 or 250 for OFP purposes (this might be why the paratroops lose their parachutes)

Real C130s top out between 300 and 356 ktas (345 and 410 MPH) depending on the model...at any rate, 600 is too fast

C130 INFORMATION

600 kph = 375 mph

Yes, but what is "600" in the OFP engine? kph, or mph?

The plane seems to fly too fast in game.

I dont think the speed in OFP (whatever it is...kph or mph) is to scale.

Beautifull addon! very nice model and brilliant texes. I love the animations.

As said by other in this thread the plane needs some severe improvement in flight characteristics.

OFP units are meters for height and kilometers per hour (Km/h) for speed. It might well be ok for this plane to go 600 BUT the stall speed should be way lower than it is now!!! And no matter if realistic or not, the turning radius MUST be smaller, because there is no navigational helps in OFP, so you must fly by sight and even a 1700 meter visibility is too little to align the baby right to land it because it must be so fast and is not manuverable enough.

Good work anyway! smile_o.gif

WOW that's my 111th !!! biggrin_o.gif

Just a brief note.

The flying characteristics have been very tested. If the plane do not fly as you expect, it does not mean, it is not realistic, unless you have 3000 hours multiengine flight time to produce a qualified oppinion.

For tigher circling radious you need to use also elevator imput coordinated with ailerons and rudder. That is bank the plane apply rudder and PULL back your joystick.

With this plane you can make close turning radious if you know how to fly.

And yes, landing the thing is hard, this is not OFP Cessna, but I did most of the testing landing on Sebnam Island using Special Operation forces Camp runway, and you can surely land there, make tight patterns and low level combat insertions. But you need to get practice, cause as I told you we tried this does not fly like Cessna, but as a high wing multiengine cargo plane.

About speed, we have scaled down, as most OFP models.

The Hercules have a max speed of 600+ Knots that is about 1200 km/h (subsonic all the way)

Most OFP aircraft are a bit scaled down casue the limited visibility and island size does not allow for such speeds.

Also some runways are very small, for proper operations at this speeds. So the plane is scaled down on speed, not much but enough to do not exceed perfomance of actual OFP jets.

About AI taking off, well, this is a common trouble with many new add ons. Hawk was aiming for human control of the plane not for AI. We all know that OFP Ai sometimes have troubles even driving a jeep, not to mention take of planes.

Guys...all the evidence points to an issue with the flight model...stop hiding behind your claims of realism and fix it....even if it is real....you have make the addon as realistic as possible within the limits of the game.

BAS does this all the time....if every unit was truly "real" they would be not useable in OFP.

Addon making is all about the delicate balance of sacrificing realism for gameplay and vice versa.

I dont care if some pilot has play tested it. Have the pilot come here and explain why it cant turn like real C130s in videos do...have him explain why we cant land it on airfield.

Make it playable gentlemen and you will have a hit addon on your hands.

Keep your current approach and you'll have a highly realistic addon that no-one will use but remember as having great potential and came OH SO close.

Choice is yours...but if I were you....I'd listen a little more and tweak your addon.

Well said Tigershark...

We all love realism (well, I do anyway), but not when it makes an addon unplayable...

Please, take this as constructive criticism, not as just bitching smile_o.gif

600 kph = 375 mph

Yes, but what is "600" in the OFP engine? kph, or mph?

The plane seems to fly too fast in game.

I dont think the speed in OFP (whatever it is...kph or mph) is to scale.

I believe OFP is all metric, so that would be 600kph, I think...

Well, I for one am damn glad someone took on the C-130 project and did a lovely job of it. Don't be offended guys, but I too would be perfectly willing to sacrifice some realism for enabling AI to fly the aircraft well. I have a mission in the works that depends on that. The only other wish I have is to see a ghost grey paint scheme. Great job!

they actually explained how to do tight turns.

but the AI cant read....

I noticed a bug.... the first time I tried it I crashed the damn thing smile_o.gif

You drunk or sleepy m8 rock.gif  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

edit:I notice that bug with all addons when I am drunk or sleepy biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

How do you crash whit a hand gun biggrin_o.gif

STGN

but the AI cant read....

Not to mention those of us that don't have joysticks...so to speak crazy_o.gif

Not to mention those of us that don't have joysticks...so to speak  crazy_o.gif

lmao...

Indeed, its all very well and good you (the makers) being able to fly it, but if the AI, and human players cant handle it, then its no good for missions...

Great addon love it all the way.. although is it possible to get the cockpit textures sharper??

coz in game it looks all disroted and messy.. and i no its can be better from this pic is this to do with the addon OR my settings??

Very good addon

i dont know if this has been mentioned but what is the init code to make ai paradrop when the plane arrives on a trigger ?

nothing else to say but BRAVO! just a beautiful plane, nice scripts, etc...

i like the way we get out of the plane, the sounds, the textures (but the cockpit...well no matter, i fly this plane through the external view ) smile_o.gif

i like portugal, but some other camo would be welcome! tounge_o.gif j/k

Adammo's C130, can anyone point me to this addon so I can have a comparison. I have capt moores C130.1a and the RAF badged c-130, are these one and the same??

Love the Addon, but I use AI pilots as much as possible in my Vietnam missions. So my Seal team would not appreciate air cover in the form of a kamikaze c130.

Again, some much potential and as it is only the first beta there is plenty of room for a final version.

Thanks again.