Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Ultimate c-130 released by hawk

hate to rain on your parade dark knight but the 130 AINT british the british fly it but it's made by what is now Lockheed-Martin....a U.S. company but we don't mind if you brits us em tounge_o.gif

hate to rain on your parade dark knight but the 130 AINT british the british fly it but it's made by what is now Lockheed-Martin....a U.S. company but we don't mind if you brits us em  tounge_o.gif

You are correct. But it does have British Rolls-Royce engines I believe, therefore he isn't totally incorrect. tounge_o.gif

Dark Knight did you receive my Morcarb anti mech pulse rifle? I got a few pals that helped me made it and we need to get the ofpec tags right and a few other things. We want it to be a sci fi addon. The model has been cleared and everything its complete. *Eats a piece of chicken*.

Man, it sure is a great addon, just a tad annoying that Hawk made such compromises in order to make it realistic, it can't turn worth *poop*, though it is managable to get off from the ground and land again without going all around the island (Malden). Also another fact, the plane should be able to fly at 70 km/h with it's flaps down, I'm dead positive it is capable of it as I have read on multiple specification sites that it should be capable of. I don't know which variants you use in the US, but the ones we have here in Denmark are capable of it.

Dark Knight did you receive my Morcarb anti mech pulse rifle?  I got a few pals that helped me made it and we need to get the ofpec tags right and a few other things.  We want it to be a sci fi addon.  The model has been cleared and everything its complete.  *Eats a piece of chicken*.

Those kind of messages (that have absolutely nothing to do with the C130 addon in any way or form) should be sent using a "private message" and not posted here unless it has something, even remotely, to do with the C130.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Man, it sure is a great addon, just a tad annoying that Hawk made such compromises in order to make it realistic, it can't turn worth *poop*, though it is managable to get off from the ground and land again without going all around the island (Malden). Also another fact, the plane should be able to fly at 70 km/h with it's flaps down, I'm dead positive it is capable of it as I have read on multiple specification sites that it should be capable of. I don't know which variants you use in the US, but the ones we have here in Denmark are capable of it.

There are also the versions with JATO (Jet Assisted Take-Off). Those are VERY impressive to watch in action. The Blue Angels Navy aerobatic team used to have a KC-130 with JATO and that took off in an extremely short distance and then blasted off at a very steep angle. Maybe later someone will make a version of this addon with JATO (using the STOL scripts used in the FLK Mod Harrier jet addon).

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hate to rain on your parade dark knight but the 130 AINT british the british fly it but it's made by what is now Lockheed-Martin....a U.S. company but we don't mind if you brits us em  tounge_o.gif

oh thanx! u spoiled my plan to get a uk one before them... :P

There are also the versions with JATO (Jet Assisted Take-Off).  Those are VERY impressive to watch in action.  The Blue Angels Navy aerobatic team used to have a KC-130 with JATO  and that took off in an extremely short distance and then blasted off at a very steep angle.   Maybe later someone will make a version of this addon with JATO (using the STOL scripts used in the FLK Mod Harrier jet addon).

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

yes i would like one with JATO be alot better if in a hotzone and have to take off quick... also get some flares like the bas Mh-47e instead of the single one these are suggestions not orders :P

please add these to v1.2!!!

:edit:

Flares

JATO (Jet Assisted Takeoff)

Well I think that its very well done and it only needs a couple of tweaks to get the thing perfect (handling) biggrin_o.gif

Nice addon, but for the sake of realism, please change the following: When I fly a plane, I add some more pilots to act as crew members and have them ride in back. The problem is here that with the parachute script that bails all passengers out on command, my crew will eject as well. Please rework the parachute script, so that my crew isn't bailing out with the rest, when I trigger the command. Isn't there any way to seperate between crew and passengers via a script or seat management? Or maybe make it so, that when you give the order to "Group Jump", all squads except for the squad of the player that is pilot will bail out. There for sure has to be some possibility as for example, you are only able to command "Group Jump" if you have more than two passengers riding in back.

Another thing I find most annoying is the altitude alert, which continuely beeps if you are flying very low. At least give the option to disable the accustic signal.

The addon looks good but needs some work. I opened the p3d in O2 and was suprised to see the big mistake that was made with the mass of the plane. The mass of the aircraft should not all be centered in the middle of the plane on four points. This is why the aircraft flys like a cube. Hawk if you read these forums heres what to do to fix this very easily.

1) Goto geometry LOD and press Crtl-A, select all

2) Press C then Shift -C to see the center of the plane. (you want the mass centered somewhere around the crossheirs)

3) Start with the wings (very important to have some weight on the tips) Add mass, next give the main body section mass. Then select the nose and tail and give them mass. Adjust the mass on the nose and tail until the center of mass (for the entire plane) is very close to the crossheirs made when you did Shift-C. For a airplane that takes off with less runway adjust the center of mass twards the rear of the plane alittle. To far and it will rock back on you so becareful.

4) Save and pack a pbo to test. Might need to do this a couple times till you get what you want.

I was able to adjust the mass to get the plane to fly many times better than the release. The takeoff distance is more realistic. Heres some screenies of me taking off the small runway NE nogova, before I was lucky to get it off everon...

130a.jpg

130b.jpg

130c.jpg

130d.jpg

130e.jpg

130f.jpg

130g.jpg

130h.jpg

130i.jpg

I also added some cpp changes to my version. I added flapsFrictionCoef = 1.8; and wheelSteeringSensitivity = 4.6; to the cpp. Makes for better turning when taxiing runways. I also thought that the aileronSensitivity and elevatorSensitivity were a little low and increased them. I tried looking to see what was done to make the AI fly the plane so bad. I believe it has something to do with the fact the aircraft displays -20 meters underground when sitting on the runway. Other than that only problem I found was the reverse thrust action does nothing for me. The addons needs some minor fixing (an hours worth max) but then it will rock for a cargo plane. Keep up the good work!

this think kicks ass...but I do agree that its sluggish in turns

now...an idea... just a suggestion...how about...

a specter gunship...nothing beats a c130 with 2 30mm vulcans

2 40mm bofors cannons and...I love this part...a 105mm light gun mounted on the left side...3 years ago I was a member of a foo team that went down to arizona to watch the yanks blow stuff up..and on the third night they brought in a specter to drive nails...man those things can punch out a crap load of shells...the tracer show was great...and the target(a sea container) was compleatly destroyed biggrin_o.gif

hudson.. the reverse thrust works for me.. all u have to do is enable the reverse thrust and hold down reverse (S key or down arrow Key what ever u use).. simple

the false height display might have something to to with a roadway LOD in the aircraft. I have actually no Idea how to solve it but I'm sure BAS or Scorpio know more about it.

Anyone else notice how hard it is to drive a vehicle into it? I actually managed to get the BTR80 into it, although not without a lot of bumping and shunting and maybe even a little shoving, but if you ask me, the proportions of the two seemed a bit out of place. Seemed like the C-130 was too small.

c130cargo.jpg

Not to mention that the roadways are more or less messed up. Try driving a hummer into it and you'll get instant chaos.

hudson.. the reverse thrust works for me.. all u have to do is enable the reverse thrust and hold down reverse (S key or down arrow Key what ever u use).. simple

I had a feeling I wanst using it right...

I don't mind the handling.I managed to get my cargo to their LZ intact and RTB in the dark on Nogova Western airfield.In fact, while my cargo was busy completing it's mission and I was just sitting on the tarmac being bored, I took off again and flew around the island a couple of times,with no problems at all.My second landing was even better than my first, sticking to what I think was a perfect glideslope and good speed and completely alligned with the runway.And Hudson, You actually took off at a higher speed than I do all the time with this aircraft.I rotate at around 200kp/h.I like the way the landing gear automatically retracts too. smile_o.gif

As for how the AI fly the aircraft, I don't really care because I WILL BE THE ONE flying it smile_o.gif And this addon was partly created for our virtual army (Seawolves Armed Forces) to provide us with a better Herc wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif Not with AI in mind.OK so AI being able to land and take off and use the aircraft properly would be nice, but for me this is secondary.

Just my 2 EuroCents smile_o.gif

Is it just me or are the pilots dumb when it comes to taking off an airfield. rock.gif

It's just you for pointing this out now after the amount of times it's been mentioned wink_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

If the addon is properly made the AI wont have any problems taking off. There are plenty of addons out there that work correctly with AI. and sash, the C130 in the pics I posted will pick up the nose wheel at 120Kmph and is off the ground by 170Kmph if you pull the stick back from engine start. The release version uses 1000 meters for takeoff. My version only needs 490 meters. Big difference.

Tigershark_BAS please refrain from the childish pics, it's not necessary.

Hudson, if you get the AI take off problem fixed could you then at least email Hawk and offer it to him to host it as an upgrade?  It would be very frustrating if you have a fixed version that flies beautifully while the rest of us without Oxygen know how (or the time to learn it) are left wishing how much we had a good working C130 for our missions.  sad_o.gif

The sad thing is that I believe Hawk likes the handling because on his "upgrade" of Konyak's An-124, it also flies very badly unlike the original An-124 addon.  I can only assume that he purposefully made it that way.  I believe he also made a C-5 addon a long time ago that also flew very badly.  sad_o.gif

The only other large plane that flies well (besides the original An-124 addon) is that B-52 addon made awhile back.

So if anyone can fix this addon and ask Hawk to upgrade it with the fix, I think the OFP community would be highly appreciative of this.  The only problem would be if Hawk refuses to upgrade it.  I really hope he doesn't do that.  That would suck badly.   To those of you guys working with him, is he even aware of the feedback he's getting?  What are Hawk's thoughts on this?  

Someone?   Anyone??   Is this addon going to be fixed or not? Is he interested in using Hudson's fixes or help from any other addon makers to get it flying better and to get the AI to fly it better?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Is it me or does the Group Bail script get screwed up in MP?