Sign in to follow this  
FatWombat

Pacific front mod

Looks good but it REALLY looks fake...the bright green grass, the wierd sky, the animations, the soldiers' faces, it looks like it was stolen right from another game.

Quote[/b] ]What I would like to know is how they amnaged tyo make smaller soldiers. As far as I know if a soldier in OFP is bigger or smaller than the normal soldiers it don't work correctly ...

You are quite correct - this problem has been solved by the use of new animations for walking/running

The colours are a bit to "powerfull".

But one thing I must say is great, are the high res textures on the player models.

Take a look at bis standard models... "washed out" and ugly. sad_o.gif

soldiers.jpg

Wondering that no one has made a high res West or East Soldier.

MfG Lee

Remeber that bigger, better textures, especially in JPG format eat up lots of resources from your computer. I don't find current OFP soldiers that apalling that I would use hi-res textures just to make them look better at the expense of my frame rate. I think Pacific Front mod makers will face this fact eventually.

* Looking at these screenshots again... *

The new tall grass seems to be a VERY cool feature. I wonder why nobody made something similar for some islands before.

Also, I wonder how big is the performance loss effect.  rock.gif

actually, someone has made somethin similar, but no one seems to have used it for their islands:/... they that made it is PlanetOfWar... its a tall grass addon, but i dont remember if it is green or not, i can take screenies and show what i meant.

There's grass in VBS1 too. I've also seen a grass addon but didn't try it because the disclaimer said "requires fast PC".

I don't think this mod is a fake, this is what happens when you replace all the textures, make new models, skies and animations. The only thing that I find strange is that the island in these pictures is completely flat. Or is this a demo/test island of some sort?

Another thing, the Japanese vs. American height difference they have depicted is a little exaggerated, isn't it? I don't think the average Japanese person is THAT small, are they? wow_o.gif Or is it that this mod team thinks Americans are that big!? smile_o.gif

Remeber that bigger, better textures, especially in JPG format eat up lots of resources from your computer. I don't find current OFP soldiers that apalling that I would use hi-res textures just to make them look better at the expense of my frame rate. I think Pacific Front mod makers will face this fact eventually.

So you can say:

Don´t use high res on tanks, choppers, planes, cars...

Don´t use hisky addon, no sound addon wink_o.gif

It all saves ressources sure, but then we can all go back and play Cold War Crisis only.

I will see ppl get out all of OFP that is possible.

But I agree, those addons must be playable for low end computer users. Mayby 2 versions? lowres and high res?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Its strange, I see nothing in those pictures that says 'OFP'. But why should I? If somebody puts enough time and effort into it why should it be recognisable?

I don't see why if a new colour scheme and new high polygon models are used you can't make OFP look that good. Except of course that dinosaurs like mine will never be able to run it.

But hey, thats the price of progress.

... upon closer inspection those addons look quirky, they dont represent the anatomy of a human being to well.

Not to mention the firing position looks the EXACT same as the MOH:AA one, and so does the position they are in the boat.

This isn't there own work guys OR as I think, this is a render, which it certainly seems to be, becuase I see no proof of this being on the OFP engine..

... upon closer inspection those addons look quirky, they dont represent the anatomy of a human being to well.

This isn't there own work guys OR as I think, this is a render, which it certainly seems to be, becuase I see no proof of this being on the OFP engine..

You guys are too paranoid. If you make unit models you can see how these units work with the OFP animation system.

The hands are not connected to the bodies. The bad warping of the body in certain areas = BIS animations, or heavily edited BIS animations. The weird neck and shoulders = BIS.

Then all the grass is concentrated in a small area for screenshots. The ground texture overlays look BIS. Etc Etc.

This is in OFP, and I've been following this work for about a year, and I really think it's all pretty legit.

Yeah, they probably did make the Japanese soldiers too short...

But still, O ye many of little faith, it's obviously real. Isn't it F'ing possible that our beloved OFP engine is capable of such things? Additionally, anyone who's played OFP more than 2 hours can easily spot the little OFP idiosyncracies in those pictures.

Yes, it's real. No, it isn't stolen.

the shots are looking good, but...

DESATURATE DAMN IT!

It looks like ofp XPHomeEdition with that nasty blue and green, erggghhhh.

I'm surprised to see experienced players/modders still don't believe that's real

Don´t use high res on tanks, choppers, planes, cars...

Don´t use hisky addon, no sound addon wink_o.gif

It all saves ressources sure, but then we can all go back and play Cold War Crisis only.

I will see ppl get out all of OFP that is possible.

No, that is not the point. Hisky for example is very useful addon and doesn't eat much resources while making dramatic impact on the game. Bad example of addons is those hi-res weapons packs being released which have models of over 2,000 faces, heavy hi-res jpeg textures. Put a dozen of them on the field and they jam your frame rate badly.

People should put more resources on creating new, novel addons which have good role in the game, rather than doing these hi-res kits which bring little but eye candy to the game, which still after two years beats anything on the field.

I have talked to a member of the team. Here is what they said:

Quote[/b] ]I have only been involved into the pacific mod in its beginning hours. I focused on 3d models of vehicles. ( www.spearhead.de.vu )

I can not make any statements to the questions you put forward. However .. after taking a look at the screenshots .. these cannot be ingame shots. Rather a lightwave rendering or 3D max rendering with textures.

Considering my cooperation with other team members, I do not think they are faked or stolen from other games.

Guest BratZ

K closer examination and I have some things in question.

The pic of the guy in a mgun:

http://pacificfront.fc2web.com/file/ss/ss2/ss13b.jpg

That surely looks like an OFP ingame screen as it has the ofp "get out" useraction showing and that does look like OFP muzzleflash.But where is the aiming dot? I don't think you can remove that.

The Zero is real nice and I would like that vehicle.But the Zero is sporting a shadow on the 2 outside pics but none within the hangar (shouldnt there be one there also?)

Also the Zero pic of it in O2...wheres the gunflash,prop blur and driver proxy? huh huh huh

Went through all that work to get a shadow, inserting flashes and proxies would be no problem.

Something fishy going on, where are the makers and any comments?

Stuff looks great,I just still have some disbeliefs.Gimme that dang Zero and I will shut up,lol

If there is any chance of its release I won't finish mine

They also list a Corsair and Helldiver in their lits of units.Are they counting mine or surprising us some more?

K closer examination and I have some things in question.

The pic of the guy in a mgun:

That surely looks like an OFP ingame screen as it has the ofp "get out" useraction showing and that does look like OFP muzzleflash.But where is the aiming dot? I don't think you can remove that.

The Zero is real nice and I would like that vehicle.But the Zero is sporting a shadow on the 2 outside pics but none within the hangar (shouldnt there be one there also?)

Also the Zero pic of it in O2...wheres the gunflash,prop blur and driver proxy? huh huh huh

Went through all that work to get a shadow, inserting flashes and proxies would be no problem.

Something fishy going on, where are the makers and any comments?

The Aiming point can be removed Just look at Inquisitors pack the M24's Aiming reticule is not there.

Notice the Ground, the Sky, the blood.

This Mod has been here for a long time just not much news. And if you would check the WWIIEC Forums (Mostlikely the old one) you wouldve noticed that this pic turned up and I said it was from this mod but it was an old pic. So they did not steal ur mod name btw you stole theres)

A mod that started along time ago... Couldnt they have achieved this. Alls they did was redesign the game ;) and your sitting here saying its fake. Praise them.

Upon further inspection of the Picture Bratz posted thelink to..... I took it out into a picture viewer and zooming in on the jap getting hit. You can see theres a new Death animation ;)

And for the Zero... O2 pic. All that work??? They could've just imported the model into O2 and rushed it into game for a pic.

Please stop saying bad stuff about this mod, Atleast wait till your positive its a fake. Im sorry some people actually have talent, Looking at thier work and yours....I see we cant all have the talent you do Bratz

Guest BratZ

I didnt say bad stuff.And I didnt steal their name...Theirs is called Operation Pacific Front where mine is just called Pacific Front mod, just my name is being used in this topic.Name of the topic should be "Operation Pacific Front mod"

I have said the stuff looks amazing, my talents couldnt do that.

The Zero is real nice and so nice that I don't want to finish mine

And I play BF1942 and tell me those soldiers faces arent from that?

And as much as I like Pacific Front why wouldn't I like and want the stuff they are showing?

For all we know they are just making it for their personal use,in that case it doesn't matter if they made or imported stuff anyways.

Quote[/b] ]The pic of the guy in a mgun:

That surely looks like an OFP ingame screen as it has the ofp "get out" useraction showing and that does look like OFP muzzleflash.

You forgot to mention the M1919MG is in the "Ammo Counter: in the top left corner, and that red puff when someone gets hit.

Not to mention the firing position looks the EXACT same as the MOH:AA one, and so does the position they are in the boat.

Firing position? I take it you've never used a rifle like the Garand before.

Boat? A simple anim that can be modified, and if you notice, the MOH "riding in boat anim" looks just like it does in SPR and most time when you would see a dozen or so soldiers crammed into a floating tin can, they look like that.

I see no one has commented on the realistic running anim.

Guest BratZ

Firing position? I take it you've never used a rifle like the Garand before.

Boat? A simple anim that can be modified, and if you notice, the MOH "riding in boat anim" looks just like it does in SPR and most time when you would see a dozen or so soldiers crammed into a floating tin can, they look like that.

I see no one has commented on the realistic running anim.

Right and notice the people standing in the boat...why are their weapons not on their back? Oh let me guess ...they made a new cargo proxy standing position with their weapons in hand ?