Sign in to follow this  
FatWombat

Pacific front mod

o my goodness, why are you guys like this? Bratz, you should have stopped with your comments in the beginning as everything u said thereafter just dug the hole dipper.... And many of u guys as well. SHAME on you all. I bet most of you dont even play ofp anymore, so how would you recognize it? It doesnt look like ofp u say? it is a MOD which stand for modification, and there is lots of clues that gives away that it is ofp, like the textures, models etc. I hope the makers of this mod dont visit this pages, as I feel embarassed to be part of it today......

Just because some1 is doing something better than you are doesnt mean that it is impossible or u must shoot them down...

Will these mod or any other mod be realesed before OFP2 comes out???

o my goodness, why are you guys like this? Bratz, you should have stopped with your comments in the beginning as everything u said thereafter just dug the hole dipper.... And many of u guys as well. SHAME on you all. I bet most of you dont even play ofp anymore, so how would you recognize it? It doesnt look like ofp u say? it is a MOD which stand for modification, and there is lots of clues that gives away that it is ofp, like the textures, models etc. I hope the makers of this mod dont visit this pages, as I feel embarassed to be part of it today......

Just because some1 is doing something better than you are doesnt mean that it is impossible or u must shoot them down...

smile_o.gif I have to admit, if I had been playing half life, and someone showed me screenshots of counterstrike and Day of defeat i would be pretty suspicious......

but people have fooled us before.

Guest BratZ

Yup dug it deep. I still play OFP of course. I'm not upset because anyone is better than me, thats for sure...if thats the case I'd be real upset ,lol.

Just that I had no idea that someone else was doing 4 of my 5 projects.

Corsair,SB2C,Zero,Kaga

For that matter after doing the HS123 someone shows me pics of an outstanding one thats been in the making for 6 months.So basically all 5 of my projects are being done by others.Get me outta this hole,lol

Currently just working on technology items (tailgunner,walking on vehicles),and no betas

Its also possible that they threw the Helldiver on their list because they knew about mine,hard to say with no contatc

Quote[/b] ]o my goodness, why are you guys like this? Bratz, you should have stopped with your comments in the beginning as everything u said thereafter just dug the hole dipper.... And many of u guys as well. SHAME on you all. I bet most of you dont even play ofp anymore, so how would you recognize it? It doesnt look like ofp u say? it is a MOD which stand for modification, and there is lots of clues that gives away that it is ofp, like the textures, models etc. I hope the makers of this mod dont visit this pages, as I feel embarassed to be part of it today......

i'm still of the oppinion that there are ,under the givven circumstances ,ample reason's to have some disbelief upon the reality of these addon's.In this sense ,i do not belief that this NUMBER of regular poster's ( i want to stress that there is more than 1 person having criticism towards these addon's ,of wich some expierenced addon makers)

should be ashamed of having criticism towards this mod ,since that due to the fact that so many and some expierenced poster have disbelief upon it ,it must be that there are reason's enough ,even for unexpirenced people ,to suspect such a thing.

On the question if such a thing is bad ,i would say no ,since this criticism doesn't hurt the addon makers of this mod ,by the simpel reason that they arn't posting here.And if they were here ,they would have gotten the opportunity to prove the realness of their work ,and if reality ,the quality of their addon's would have severely limmited that critcism to the more obvious "detail criticism", wich in most cases is constructive.

Therefore ,i feel that it is the responsabilety of the addon makers to have sufficiant communication's with the overall community about their addon work ,and the fact that there is so much disbelief is largly due to the fact that no addon maker of this mod involved in this project posts here ,thus there is no way to retrieve the truth.

It could have been different.If just one of the addon maker's would have posted here ,or on any forum (since most posters here visit several forum's and the info in an other forum would have gotten here eventually to) then they could have explaind what theyre progress is ,how they achieved this work ,etc...

Any criticism could be dealt with by just one of these addon makers posting here.

The fact is that about every serious mod-team in the OFP community do communicate reguraly with the overall community to spread information ,it's publicity for their mod and i can understand that every serious Mod team see this publicity as a good thing.Then you also see that those mod's wich do not communicate with the overall community at all ,are mostly those project's that never get completed.

It's certainly shows a lack of profesionalism by this team ,that they don't spread information around the community.

Just because they dont post here, does not mean you have free reign to rip into there work, alot of addon makers just post at OFPEC, also ever thought they dont because they are i thik a japanese team, they might not speak english.

Addon makers make the Addons because they want to, not because they have to, the they have no responsibilty to communicate with the public, whats the point of showing a few unskinned models here and there and wait 10-18 months, id rather see a finished product and play it, than drool over it and wait 10 months.

Quote[/b] ]The fact is that about every serious mod-team in the OFP community do communicate reguraly with the overall community to spread information ,it's publicity for their mod and i can understand that every serious Mod team see this publicity as a good thing.Then you also see that those mod's wich do not communicate with the overall community at all ,are mostly those project's that never get completed.

It's certainly shows a lack of profesionalism by this team ,that they don't spread information around the community.

lol i wish i had the SA LOL emotion here

Just because they dont hype there addons dont mean it wont be successful, Most of the Time Over hyping a product will often than not leave the product falling short of expectations.

Lets take a gaming company like Valve for example They create a game from scratch for 5 years nearly they work under secrecy until 5 months before they are to release they let loose some Pictures that in itself got the gaming world excited. If you knew a little about this mod you would know that they were actually releasing info and various other things on there website 10 months ago. You also talk about Addon makers releaseing scripts and various other things to others, if you would look at this you will notice they mostly only ever do this after there addon that takes advantage of is released.

You are also sounding like they have to report to you if they are to be a great mod.

Quote[/b] ]Just because they dont post here, does not mean you have free reign to rip into there work, alot of addon makers just post at OFPEC, also ever thought they dont because they are i thik a japanese team, they might not speak english.

Their mod leader don't speak english very well, and Bratz I don't think that they work on another plane, I paste below one of Convoy's email:

Hello

I want to exhibit an video someday.

A motion is adjusting now.

He has to want also to have to make a tank and a gun and zero must also be re-created (molding of the body was wrong).

Please would you wait till then?

Sincerely yours

convoy

Quote[/b] ]You are also sounding like they have to report to you if they are to be a great mod.

Not exactly ,you shouldn't take it that extreme.I was just pointing out the FACT that the realness of this mod is suspectible ,wich can be proven by the mere fact that several people on this page ,some of them experienced addon makers ,already pointed out that they suspected this mod to be an hoax.That is just a correct interpretation of this situation.

To examine what is the source of this situation ,one can consider some fact's:

The mod has a Site.Most probably to post information about theyre mod ,wich seems to be theyre intention.

The mod Has a news page where one could suspect that the use of such a page would be to post news of the mod's progres.

Only 2 news item's are posted ,of wich the first news item appeared to be posted last year, Wich makes the time period between those 2 news item's almost a year.

The intention's of this mod team looks to be to make a very wide scale ammount of addon's for their mod ,a hughe amount for only a 5 men team.

Both adddon's in the news item's seem to be of a very high though very exotic quality.

2 possible thing's can be concluded out of this:

Either this team posts about all theyre progress on the news page ,whereout you could conclude that due to a relative scarse of news the mod team would take another few years to complete this mod.

Or this team only posts limited piece's of theire progress on the mod ,whereout one could conclude that this doesn't fit the intention of the news page.In addition i can say that of a mod that has i site with only very limited information over a long time period ,i have yet to see one of those come to completion.

One can also conclude that in the past ,theire have been many fake mod's that got our hopes up with something good looking ,but only to ceise in existence some time later.In fact ,most of the mod project's in the past have failed ,only the most professional mod's ,of wich theyre are not that many ,have produced actual content.Most of these mod's have always comunicated with the Ofp community very well trough forum's and such.

So is it that hard to conclude that this mod looks suspectible?

I for one say that this mod indeed looks suspectiple ,yet i don't automaticly conclude that this mod is fake ,wich is what many other people on this page are doing to.

Thus by definition ,we are not bashing this mod team and saying it's a total hoax ,yet we will only believe the realness of this project when we gotten the actual addon's ,due to the many factual suspicious thing's i pointed out before.

And thus we don't need you to tell us how to think of this mod or to point us out that we would be doing something wrong with having suspicion over this mod.Consequently we don't exclude the existance of this mod ,we are only pointing out the suspicious thing's concerning the mod.

In a online community ,one should not try to stop voice's of criticism ,as they present a point of view and as thus add to the discussion.

Trying to stop these expression's is useless ,people post what they think.

Freedom of speech may i add means squat around here, This board is a privatly owned board you are guests, may i also note what cervomix said that they dont speak good english, Apollo alot of fake mods were around when ppl could not do such things ie make models, i remember alot of Devils escapades.

tbh 1/2 what you said about the news is BS, mod teams sometime just dont update for a months, i rememebr a mod i used to visit (still do) did not post a thing for 9 or 10 months, this means squat there now a retail product.

Also alot od established Mod makers IE Edbud has said he does not think its fake, i dont think its fake and tbh i remember when everyone thought that massiv russian Air Transport was fake and they released.

Speaking of Japaneses Mods, don't forget Battle Over Hokkaido Mod, they worked hard during months and finished several vehicles and soldiers before releasing any official screenshots of their work, maybe there's not the same point of view in Asia, Work before Speech...

Surprising to see how new anims and mainly textures can do in OFP community... I was skeptic during 5 minutes seeing thoses screenshots before posting them, but i don't see why it could'nt be done in OFP...

I thought Battle Over Hokkaido released a Demo some time ago, after US only hearing about this mod maybe a month before the demo.

No. All mods have banded together and decided we are never going to release anything....ever. Except for screenshots, just to tease you all.

Mods will be released when they are finished and not before, as will OFP2.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Mora2 @ June 07 2003,14:14)

No. All mods have banded together and decided we are never going to release anything....ever. Except for screenshots, just to tease you all.

Mods will be released when they are finished and not before, as will OFP2.

Great then, i can upgrade my pc for OFP2 and forget about mods ......

Bah....

But you all know that making mods is the same like produce a game ? And get we money  for our work ? The only think that mods cant change, great is the engine. But all the little thinks modeling, skinning, coding, scripting and sound editing need time and if you dont have time then forgott mods. And do not forgott that the old addons are compatible with ofp2. Do you realy think that i and otherones make addons for a dieing game

Guest BratZ
Addon makers make the Addons because they want to, not because they have to, the they have no responsibilty to communicate with the public, whats the point of showing a few unskinned models here and there and wait 10-18 months, id rather see a finished product and play it, than drool over it and wait 10 months.

That doesnt make sense, some been drooling over a Zero for 10 Months!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly what you said you don't like.

Screen Shots/ August/11/2002

how about we all go away to our lives OUTSIDE THE COMPUTOR (if you have one) and come back in a year to see if this mod is compleate

PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC

It takes a strange community to decide that a mod doesn't look enough like the original game to play. It's a mod. That's the point. I like the stylised look, because it's much more interesting than another deadpan recreation of another factually correct weapon.

The Flashpoint community seems confused between the definition of addon, which adds new media to the game but keeps the default structure, and mod, which takes the base engine and does whatever the hell it wants with it. They're clearly trying to offer a different kind of experience to the original game, and that's something that should be applauded, not questioned.

It takes a strange community to decide that a mod doesn't look enough like the original game to play. It's a mod. That's the point. I like the stylised look, because it's much more interesting than another deadpan recreation of another factually correct weapon.

The Flashpoint community seems confused between the definition of addon, which adds new media to the game but keeps the default structure, and mod, which takes the base engine and does whatever the hell it wants with it. They're clearly trying to offer a different kind of experience to the original game, and that's something that should be applauded, not questioned.

I call those total conversion mods :]

This mod looks very good. The animations will be what Im waiting for.

But IMHO the sky is way to electric blue--and I live in the Pacific. It needs more aerial perspective also--the blue colouring is too uniform. Some haziness and much less saturation at horizon line would be better.

The models look nice, the japanese soldiers look very good but im afraid the American soldier here simply looks like a cross between Goofy and Pop eye.

http://pacificfront.fc2web.com/file/ss/ss2/ss17b.jpg

his arms definately belong to Popeye.

Perhaps they shortened the Japenese models and lengthened the American models--not sure. My hunch is the japanese are normal height and only the Americans have been lenghtened.

If they could have done this without the warping (espeshly under the Americans armpits) then it would have been great but ATM I think the Americans simply look too out of proportion. If the Mod makers are listening then I suggest they remove the height difference--if not then at least lessen it considerably.

Having said that, The japenese soldiers look great but I may be inclined to remove the severly warped American models and replaced then with anatomically correct models from inv44. or the WWII team.

The grass in the Pacific, on our farm, is very green and very lush but still not that bright. I think its close but still needs to be desaturated a lil and again there needs to be greater variance in the colour tone of the textures over large open areas of grass. But the sky definately need desaturation.

I congratulate these silent mod makers.

Zay

I agree, I've been to the Pacific Islands and everything seems a bit too "electric" to match up. Where do you live Zay?

I call those total conversion mods :]

Then there has never been and will never be a total conversion mod for ofp going by your guidelines, as you cant change the ofp engine, all they can do is modify config files and aesthetic properties like textures and models.

I been patient and no video or nada

Yeah me too but those nice looking screenshots speak for them selves  biggrin_o.gif

BTW Bratty when will WWIIEC come back online  sad_o.gif