Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Total eclipse (of the moon)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ 16 May 2003,02:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this where the moon turns red  ?<span id='postcolor'>

I remember when I once made a cycling trip in early morning during midsummer. I came to open area and the reddish moon was just there right in front of me and it was much bigger than usually. I saw clearly the craters and all, I just wish I had a camera with me confused.gif.

I think it was the day before yesterday that i was awake at about 4: 00 GMT (and local time) dont ask me why...

I looked out of the window and totally unexpectedly saw a bright orange moon (the most colourful i have ever seen) maybe 15 degrees above the horizon. It scared the hell out of me! I couldnt even work out what it was for a full second. Then i desperatly searched around for a camera but i couldnt find one. The weirdest thing was that the sky was already light and bright, the birds were singing, it was morning and yet here was this nocturnal neon object hanging obscenely over the early day.

Its was easy to understand then how in previous eras people would have taken such an event as a sign or omen from some deity (i had to work hard to break such a feeling in myself...but then it was 4: 00 in the morning).

Yes! Norsu has seen it in the early morning too (perhaps we should form a club). And yes i forgot to mention how big it appeared to be (but then it was very close to the horizon) and how clear.

I remember seing the full moon yesturday but didn´t see anything special with it. Although i thought i heard a wolf or something, but it tuned out to be my neighbours dog singing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ 16 May 2003,13:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bright orange moon (the most colourful i have ever seen) maybe 15 degrees above the horizon. It scared the hell out of me! I couldnt even work out what it was for a full second.<span id='postcolor'>

I was also scared at first, almost falled with my bike. I had to stop and just stare the thing. And I too didn't know what it was at first until I saw the craters.

I've heard that it was very visible here in Belgium, i didn't see it, it must've been about 4am here when it happened, i'm not getting up then just for that... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ 16 May 2003,16:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ 16 May 2003,13:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bright orange moon (the most colourful i have ever seen) maybe 15 degrees above the horizon. It scared the hell out of me! I couldnt even work out what it was for a full second.<span id='postcolor'>

I was also scared at first, almost falled with my bike. I had to stop and just stare the thing. And I too didn't know what it was at first until I saw the craters.<span id='postcolor'>

The <span style='color:red'>DEATH STAR</span>

It seems to be partly happening right now too..

I remeber back in '99 one night at around 2 am (I think it was April or May), I looked out the window and could'nt believe my eyes - there was something big, round and red hanging in the sky.. The day after I told some guys something like "I was not drunk or anything, but last night the moon was red!". The reaction was something like "Yeah, lol, sure thing..". But after reading this thread I know that I was'nt going all crazy that night  biggrin.gif

EDIT: Forget the stupid question that follows, when I engaged the brain for a second  for once I understood that 'the dark side of the moon' is not just something that astronauts in a path around the moon can 'see'... or only the title of a Pink Floyd song wink.gif

Could anyone explain what the hell the differance between a moon eclipse and 'normal moon states' (fuul moon, half moon, no moon (should be an eclipse - right? ) etc) is? <--- the silly question wow.gif <--- the expression of the man in the moon when he read it...

I'm St.Catharines, and it was raining all day and overcast at night, so I didn't see squat. Same with the last eclipse. sad.gif

Though when I was 14, I watched a partial eclipse through my telescope.

You should make a new thread about this, ditt pucko tounge_o.gif

0218, might go have a look tonight smile_o.gif

I like the nice blue glow what covers the landscape when it's full moon... Looks eerie ghostface.gif

Good of Nasa to make an image that fits in with our 100kb ruling wink_o.gif I think this is fine to dig up rather than create another thread, it's better to ask a moderator first though smile_o.gif

Good of Nasa to make an image that fits in with our 100kb ruling  wink_o.gif I think this is fine to dig up rather than create another thread, it's better to ask a moderator first though smile_o.gif

Yup, I recalled to check the size just in time before pushing that nasty 'add post' buttun, but I was lucky biggrin_o.gif  And ofcourse I figured that that would please you mods enough not to lock the thread  wink_o.gif

I walked over to my brother to watch it, but unfortionally I forgot my binoculars, and he had none. Maybe it would have been better with binoculars, but as it was now I became a little disappointed. There was almost no red color at all, and I  thought it would be quite nasty looking... like this -->  crazy_o.gif

Not sure if it really was a lunar eclipse I saw some years ago, that I wrote about in my second post above. It do not seem to have been any real eclipse around that time.. maybe it was something much nastier.. hmmm.. something big and red...   wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Great. You got me all depressed now. Look on the map, just look at it!

Where do I come from?

I come from somewhere thats not good enough for a lunar eclipse. mad_o.gif

wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Gee am i blind or what i never saw this here even though we should have had a partial one.... rock.gif

it was really good! the moon was still kinda visible when in the shadow. thx for the heads up!

Saturday night and i went out for coffee and booze with some friends, i wasnt aware of the eclipse but i always look at the sky when i go out the door, goody its a full moon saturday night with some blueish clouds. Couple hours later i noticed that th moon wasnt full anymore and went like wtf crazy_o.gif .

Then someone told me about it, and we were all looking at the sky watching the moon slowly disapear, great excuse for arriving home drunk at 05:30 in the morning tounge_o.gif .

edit: theres times in OPF where we can see the sun and the moon at the same time just like RL, would be cool to have some eclipes and other unusual stuff like that in OPF2 no?

hehe i might be comming late with this, but I got drunk with a couple of friends and we went out to see it at 2 o'klock in the night, but some fuckin clouds got in our way... mad_o.gif

Then we decided to break in to the local swimming pool. tounge_o.gif