Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Total eclipse (of the moon)

All of you probably already know that there will be a total eclipse of the moon tonight, but I thought I'd post it here for you science freaks and stuff. I will set up a webcam for you all and post a link later if you missed it/can't see it where you are.

3 hours until approx start of it smile.gif

A question by the astonomically/geographically challenged: will I be able to see it here in the southern hemisphere? I'm guessing not as it's daytime here at the moment...

Is this where the moon turns red  ?

How big  is the moon again because when its full moon and bright like tonighgt it  shine son the water like a massive torch but it looks a little small for the moon  confused.gif

Can anyone  tell me how to  gegt a decent  picture of the moon,i can see it cleary with my own eyes but whenever i try to get a photo of it,it just looks like a bright dot  with none of the details  coming up sad.gif

crazy.gif dammit looked out the window and stupid gay clouds are partially blocking the moon sad.gif

Damed rained all day today ( In Niagara Falls). I don't think I can see it. Anyway, Acording to MSN, it can be seen right now on the eastern coast of the US to only snipers. It can also be seen in Europe too I think.

Edit: Also it will be seen in Africa. When it takes full circle, it will be seen by ALL South Americans.

After almost an hour of being disconnected, the webcam is back up! Go ahead and look because it is only one hour away!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ 16 May 2003,03:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">link-o-matic

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/webcam.html<span id='postcolor'>

Looks to me like it will be mainly a total eclipse of a palm tree  confused.gif. Hmm, I totally forgot about this, I should have looked at the night sky when I got off work, but I just got home, I'm exhausted, can't see anything out my window and I'm sure as hell not going back out tonight so I'll have to console myself by remembering the great meteor showers I watched at my uncle's farm in Cuba (no city lights to ruin the view tounge.gif ).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ 15 May 2003,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ 16 May 2003,03:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">link-o-matic

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/webcam.html<span id='postcolor'>

Looks to me like it will be mainly a total eclipse of a palm tree  confused.gif. Hmm, I totally forgot about this, I should have looked at the night sky when I got off work, but I just got home, I'm exhausted, can't see anything out my window and I'm sure as hell not going back out tonight so I'll have to console myself by remembering the great meteor showers I watched at my uncle's farm in Cuba (no city lights to ruin the view tounge.gif ).<span id='postcolor'>

It isn't dark yet, silly smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ 16 May 2003,04:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It isn't dark yet, silly smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's 10:15 pm here, quite dark tounge.gif. (and if you're referring to the link, I meant that those palm trees are taking up most of the view wink.gif )

Its dark here (florida), its almost pitch black , but the sky is glowing orange wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ 16 May 2003,04:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ 16 May 2003,04:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It isn't dark yet, silly smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's 10:15 pm here, quite dark tounge.gif. (and if you're referring to the link, I meant that those palm trees are taking up most of the view wink.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

Ah, your in EST time? I heard at 11:40 the mid-eclipse will begin.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ 15 May 2003,20:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ 16 May 2003,04:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It isn't dark yet, silly smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's 10:15 pm here, quite dark tounge.gif. (and if you're referring to the link, I meant that those palm trees are taking up most of the view wink.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

I will be moving the cam out during the start of the eclipse because I don't want anyone to steal it wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ 16 May 2003,04:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ah, your in EST time? I heard at 11:40 the mid-eclipse will begin.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh biggrin.gif. Hmm...screw that I say, class at 8am tomorrow. I'll leave my window blinds open though in case.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I will be moving the cam out during the start of the eclipse because I don't want anyone to steal it

<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't realize that was your cam! smile.gif. You don't know how lucky you are to be living somewhere palm trees grow....damn I miss those sad.gif

Southern California, it's only 7:21 (it begins at around 8:10 according to the news)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ 16 May 2003,04:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You don't know how lucky you are to be living somewhere palm trees grow....damn I miss those sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

WHAT?!?!?! crazy.gif You dont have palm tree's??? I thought everyone had palm trees!

It's 8wow.gif5! Go ahead and watch now, it'll only be a few minutes!

Sorry about not being able to see alot of the eclipse guys. I recorded a movie with the DV camera though and you'll be able to see it later.

Stupid Austin was all clouded over mad.gif

God Texas pisses me off!

tounge.gif

Me and about 8 other guys from my dorm went outside to watch it, but I think we missed the best part of it. By the time we got out there, it was ending, and the moon was starting to shine again. But we did get out of the dorm after curfew, which is rare!

As for what we saw, it was neat, but I think it's a shame we missed most of it. I saw the moon early, here, about 8 local (central time), but I didn't look again until 10:20ish, and then 10:45. blackdog~, is your video real time, or did you do time-lapse?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MSMS_KDXer @ 15 May 2003,22:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Me and about 8 other guys from my dorm went outside to watch it, but I think we missed the best part of it.  By the time we got out there, it was ending, and the moon was starting to shine again.  But we did get out of the dorm after curfew, which is rare!

As for what we saw, it was neat, but I think it's a shame we missed most of it.  I saw the moon early, here, about 8 local (central time), but I didn't look again until 10:20ish, and then 10:45.  blackdog~, is your video real time, or did you do time-lapse?<span id='postcolor'>

It will be time-lapsed. Will record it tommorow because I feel sick and need to sleep sad.gif