Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ April 21 2003,13:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My translation:

Simply because you werent the only one who was at BIS and who still has good contact with them <span id='postcolor'>Okey, it all makes more sense now smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Right translation but I do wonder because when we were there we were told that everything not especially said: "To public" is confidental and we shouldn´t speak about, but it´s very unlikely that they allowed him to say: "No vietnam!" when they don´t give any other comment...

But we will see on 14th of May

Does anyone have the details and a website for more info on the Global Games Expo here in Los Angeles? I know when it is, but is it open to the public?

I only live 40 minutes away from the LA convention center and plan on attending.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KDog35 @ April 22 2003,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone have the details and a website for more info on the Global Games Expo here in Los Angeles? I know when it is, but is it open to the public?

I only live 40 minutes away from the LA convention center and plan on attending.<span id='postcolor'>

sneak in anyway and take along a camera biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KDog35 @ April 22 2003,08:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone have the details and a website for more info on the Global Games Expo here in Los Angeles? I know when it is, but is it open to the public?

I only live 40 minutes away from the LA convention center and plan on attending.<span id='postcolor'>

Go here to find out more about E3

Looks like it's quite expensive to get in, you have to be over 18 and their very picky about who they let in. Good luck!

In think the sneek in idea is probably more likely to happen tounge.gif

All for a good cause.

We need official confirmation about where the game will be set so we can stop having to speculate.

I don't care where its set, as long as it looks good, plays good, is realistic and the modding community is going to be able to rip into it pretty quickly smile.gif

I suspect Gamespot and Gamespy will have people there with wireless devices churning out tons of reports on what is going on. .. Including the OFP 2 announcement.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nimrodhunter @ April 21 2003,13:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 22 2003,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I`m still whining because of 1.91 becoming final  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

sad but true.... ;-)<span id='postcolor'>

If OFP2 is really coming out in 2004 as they claim, and not 2005 then 1.91 being the last patch isn't that bad. Every time a patch comes out it requires missions and addons to be updated, so if we have one patch for a year we can have 3rd party missions and addons perfected and maybe some polished campaigns released. The potential of OFP1 hasn't been realized yet, all those user-made addons that are out have barely been touched so far. We've got new islands, vehicles, units, weapons, buildings, SFX, it's alot of stuff that has yet to be fully utilized.

NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC . . . great sad.gif

Sneak in . ? don't think so, not here. The police would be climbing up my rec@#m hole if I tried.

Now I need to think of who I may know in that type of business that may have passes. wink.gifconfused.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ April 21 2003,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KDog35 @ April 22 2003,08:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone have the details and a website for more info on the Global Games Expo here in Los Angeles? I know when it is, but is it open to the public?

Looks like it's quite expensive to get in, you have to be over 18 and their very picky about who they let in. Good luck!

All for a good cause.

We need official confirmation about where the game will be set so we can stop having to speculate.

I don't care where its set, as long as it looks good, plays good, is realistic and the modding community is going to be able to rip into it pretty quickly smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

One of my coworkers is going, registration was free. If he doesn't go, I might go instead. The convention center is only about 15 miles away from my house.

I hate that it is going to be based on Vietnam.. I was hoping for a more modern game with modern weapons...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 22 2003,02:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ April 21 2003,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KDog35 @ April 22 2003,08:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone have the details and a website for more info on the Global Games Expo here in Los Angeles? I know when it is, but is it open to the public?

All for a good cause.

I don't care where its set, as long as it looks good, plays good, is realistic and the modding community is going to be able to rip into it pretty quickly smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

One of my coworkers is going, registration was free. If he doesn't go, I might go instead. The convention center is only about 15 miles away from my house.<span id='postcolor'>

Bring a camera smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 22 2003,03:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 22 2003,02:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ April 21 2003,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KDog35 @ April 22 2003,08:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone have the details and a website for more info on the Global Games Expo here in Los Angeles? I know when it is, but is it open to the public?

All for a good cause.

One of my coworkers is going, registration was free. If he doesn't go, I might go instead. The convention center is only about 15 miles away from my house.<span id='postcolor'>

Bring a camera  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Bring a Videocamera

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ April 22 2003,04:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 22 2003,03:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 22 2003,02:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ April 21 2003,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KDog35 @ April 22 2003,08:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone have the details and a website for more info on the Global Games Expo here in Los Angeles? I know when it is, but is it open to the public?

All for a good cause.

Bring a camera  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Bring a Videocamera<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe we should train you in the art of spec-ops cd stealer tounge.gif lol u might get to meet some1 from bis smile.gif

Ya! Great idea, distract Maruk, and hit the cd tray really quick, then run like hell. Get home, upload it to ftp and send to us biggrin.gif

Conspiracy #4:Okay, I think it's a prequel. If you remember in the Resistance campain how we figure out that Troska and Gastovsky served in combat together before against the Russians right? Maybe the Russians get involved openly with the Chinese and help the NVA. wink.gifconfused.gifwink.gifconfused.gif

And also how in the begining intro how they talk about someone named Adam's death? Maybe acidental fire from Troska in Vietnam? confused.gifsmile.gifconfused.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ April 18 2003,15:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lol....I don't see why that is proof. All it proves is that Codemasters used a Vietnam era photo! Doesn't even have to be Vietnam.  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif

You idiots! Find something to do for a month!  wink.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol, why would that not be proof? Why would Codemasters use a Vietnam era photo for a potential "modern warfare" game? I dont see a guy with a M4A1 on a WW2 game cover at all.

Do you? wink.gif

whats so bad about vietnam,its a change from the oveplayed wwII secnario it just seems like theres loads of nam gagmes because a few companys made them all of a sudden.

oh yeah and try and bribe a journalist or someone in the games industry to get in or do what some other gguy did and print up loads of buisness cards and sneak in with a video camera in the front of ur baseball cap attached to a  small  transmitter in  ur pocket   then hook up the reciver to a webcam so we can see  E3 live   biggrin.gif  tounge.gif

Well, personally I think that Vietnam is as overplayed as WW2.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ April 22 2003,05:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya! Great idea, distract Maruk, and hit the cd tray really quick, then run like hell. Get home, upload it to ftp and send to us biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

For a moment i thought you were serious. wink.gif

Then dont play the campaign, atleast buy it for all those great usermade addons that will come out.

I dont care if they decide to make it a game about eskimos fighting polar bears, i just want the engine and a mission editor smile.gif