Sign in to follow this  
walker

Night mares

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chris330 @ Mar. 06 2003,15:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The worst game ever to scare living crap out of you was

Thief: The Dark project when creeping around trying to avoid the giant spiders. Many a time I had to switch off my computer really fast because I was too panicked to find the escape button!! You be creeping around and run straight into one it was really terrifying. The second worst was Aliens versus predators when trying to find facehuggers. That was a genuinely distressing experience. I only got facehugged once when playing the marine. After that I made sure it never happened in the next 18 months of playing!! I would always grenade myself to death to avoid it if was in a tight spot.<span id='postcolor'>

Man you take that game way too serious biggrin.gif

So did I in AvP, whenever I heard a alien scream I kept turning my rifle to see where that came from and as soon as I saw one I'd run backwards and fired continously, it got me some sweaty hands from that game. biggrin.gif

Resident evil series were the game that creeped my out playing at 2wow.gif0 am only the tv screen lights the room, and i hear this freaky sounds of zombies approaching...

crazy.gif

Once i dreamed i was with my friends in ofp, we were the soldiers and AI was controlling us, really weird dream

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 06 2003,15:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Once i dreamed i was with my friends in ofp, we were the soldiers and AI was controlling us, really weird dream<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, somehow that reminds me of the Planet of the Apes

I had an OFP dream once... I'm sure I've had plenty, since after all we can only remember a tiny part of the total number of our dreams...

Anyway, I was in the forest outside some town, I'm not sure which, might have been Levie... I was in a squad of about ten soldiers. We were just hiding in the forest for a while, observing the enemies in the town. After a while we started moving silently towards the edge of the forest, keeping low. Two other squads were approaching the town too, but from other directions. I don't know why we were attacking this town, but there must have been something important in there that we wanted or wanted destroyed, and the Russians wanted to keep, because the town was just full of Russian soldiers, must have been thirty or more soldiers in addition to two T72s and one T80. The scene wasn't entirely from OFP, there was a lot more vegetation around the town. When we got very close to the edge of the forest, we halted for a moment and the squad leader issued some kind of commands, think he told us to spread out a little and try to get closer to the town, so that when the other squads were in position too, we could starting launching M203s at the town and then move in. We crawled and ran to the nearest cover, and eventually we were quite close to the town. As we were ready, we called for the other two squads to hear their status. The third squad were starting to move from the forest to covered positions nearer the town, but the second squad didn't reply at all. I became quite anxious after that, but things went really awry when squad three suddenly called in with a "Taking fire" message. Some Russian patrol had discovered them while they were moving, but they had managed to kill them, but now the whole town was alert, and then there came the sound of BMPs approaching from some other place. Both of our squads started retreating hastily, but my squad was spotted when we were getting close to the forest, and I saw one of my squadmates fall dead a little to my left, and I heard other squadmates crying out in pain as they were hit. It was chaos. In the confusion, out squad got split up, and I wound up on my own, running for my life, quite literally. I was lost... I didn't know where I was, where I was going, and I didn't dare to stop to check my compass and map. My fear grew even stronger as I reached a hill where the forest turned into a bunch of trees here and there. I ran frantically between them, until in the end I could no longer hear any pursuers. I kept running until I found a place to hide. I stayed hidden and sat there and thought. I didn't know why we were attacking the town. I didn't know why we were at war. I didn't know how to handle a situation like this. I was awake until far into the night before I finally decided to try to get some sleep. When I woke up, I just sat there for an hour or so before I made up my mind and started walking back in the direction where I thought the town was... as I was walking, I passed a few forests, and saw some other soldiers lying dead. It was a horrific sight. I stumbled upon a road and decided to just follow it. Eventually a Russian patrol spotted me and I surrendered. They picked me up, took my M16 and put me in the back seat of their jeep between two soldiers. After that I can't remember anything more...

-- zenzelezz

My mission ideas come to me in my dreams. Especially when im in the middle of an editing binge.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">chris330 Posted on Mar. 06 2003,09wow.gif2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The worst game ever to scare living crap out of you was

Thief: The Dark project when creeping around trying to avoid the giant spiders. Many a time I had to switch off my computer really fast because I was too panicked to find the escape button!! You be creeping around and run straight into one it was really terrifying. The second worst was Aliens versus predators when trying to find facehuggers. That was a genuinely distressing experience. I only got facehugged once when playing the marine. After that I made sure it never happened in the next 18 months of playing!! I would always grenade myself to death to avoid it if was in a tight spot. <span id='postcolor'>

Theif, thats gotta be one of the greatest games ever made. It had its moments but it wasn't nearly as scary as some other games I've played. Well actually in Theif 2 the first time I ever came across one of those big mechanical gaurd things, I was running around a corner, up untill that point I didn't even know they existed In that game. I pretty much damn near shit myself.lol

I have a friend that used to switch off his pc while playing unreal, LOL, the guys 18 years old. But to be fair the game that scared the crap out of me was Clive Barker's: Undying, its just horrifying. I would move my head around, jump out of my chair, and my heart would literally start to follow an irregular beat for a few seconds during really bad moments. This was even scarrier than System Shock 2.

how can u get nightmares with a retry button, a night mare for me is HD failing, i lose all my linux distros

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Mar. 07 2003,05:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This was even scarrier than System Shock 2.<span id='postcolor'>

System Shock was quite scary. Personally I found it creepy or spooky rather than outrightly terrifying. The worst aspect of Aliens versus Predator was that the thing scould jump up at your face, and make some horrible sound as they went. Those mechanical thing s in Thief2 were a bit disturbing. Being nasty and also having a child like voice made them particularly creepy. As for all time terror factor I'd still go for the spiders in thief. Especially when they lept up at your face.

I think OT is more suitable for this now smile.gif

My worst OFP nightmare was being stuck (clipped) under a stairway in Mirov and a T80 approaching me in full speed sad.gif

------------------

Another two funny things that happen to me sometimes when playing OFP:

- If I want to look around a house corner I move my head in real life to the side as if it would help...

- I use push to talk as normal gamevoice setting in OFP MP. I noticed that I sometimes even pushed that button, when talking to someone in my appartment...

crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for all time terror factor I'd still go for the spiders in thief. Especially when they lept up at your face.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, I guess I just got too used to the spiders. They really don't bother me much, I studied their moves. tounge.gif

I find the little spiders in Theif2 just plain irritating rather than scary, the sword can barely reach them.

hehehe u guys have funny dreams tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Try taking a large quantity of sleeping pills followed by a big bottle of vodka, and your troubles should soon end

<span id='postcolor'>

alcohol supresses dreaming : wow.gif

I actually have something like daydreams were I'll just start thinking about a battle or intense street fight. Thank god, it hasn't invade my nightdreams yet, but daydreams are overun with tracers and gunfire.

Well it's not really a nightmare. But today I was sitting in my car, it was at night (I was about to make a run for dinner) so it was dark. I was trying to get my cheap CD player hook up to work (portable CD player + adapter for cigarette lighter + tape deck/CD adapter = college student's CD player wink.gif). It was too dark to see so I reached up to turn on the overhead light. As I flipped the switch I heard that familiar *whiz* noise made by the bullets in OFP.

I almost jumped and thought "am i hit?", kinda freaked me out.

im really jumpy when i play OFP, as a matter of fact thats why i dont really play that much anymore, I'd probably break my keyboard in half. crazy.gif it's just the noise of being shot just... eughhh... makes me jumpy

im pretty sensitive to noises like that. i used to HATE going to school. and i mean hate. it was like going to a prison for me. and every morning i'd wake up before sunrise to the sound of a shrieking buzzer to run out and catch the bus. the thing is, i started to associate that buzzer with getting out of warm bed, getting onto cold school bus to go to hellish school. i would even anticipate the buzzer. the alarm clock would make a "click" noise right before the buzzer went off, and that click would be enough to wake me up. so i'd hear "click" *gasp* "buzz-buzz-buzz-buzz"

anyway, the alarm clock noise is typically used in low budget movies that are supposed to feature high-tech stuff in them. so i'll be watching a fighter plane fly along and it's alarms will go off, and i'll have a flashback to high school. wow.gif

*vents*

cya next week doc wink.gif

http://www.evilmadman.com/alarm.wav

Is it this alarm? Yeah, it's pretty freaky when it wakes you up in the morning smile.gif

I haven't had any OF dreams yet though I kind of remember having one but I dont think it was one... so sorry, nothing else to see here smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im pretty sensitive to noises like that. i used to HATE going to school. and i mean hate. it was like going to a prison for me. and every morning i'd wake up before sunrise to the sound of a shrieking buzzer to run out and catch the bus. the thing is, i started to associate that buzzer with getting out of warm bed, getting onto cold school bus to go to hellish school. i would even anticipate the buzzer. the alarm clock would make a "click" noise right before the buzzer went off, and that click would be enough to wake me up. so i'd hear "click" *gasp* "buzz-buzz-buzz-buzz"<span id='postcolor'>

I have a very simmilar problem. My clock makes kind of a low popping noise about a second before it goes off that seems to be detecteble only by myself. Sometimes it makes me jump so fast that I can actually switch it off before the music starts playing. Yeah that popping is word of some shitty time ahead, and I always get up in my freezing cold room and think of the day that lies ahead. Its like stepping out of a warm beautiful place (especially if im having a good dream) into a friged prison cell, and I get to do it every morning...except weekends.

You could try getting a new alarm clock. I just changed mine from "buzzer" to "radio" and i'm doing fine so far. been a few years. i used to just set it to static since I didn't know of any good stations around here (we just moved here in July), but now i listen to AM radio and try to get a traffic report.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FSPilot Posted on Mar. 08 2003,14:16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could try getting a new alarm clock.  I just changed mine from "buzzer" to "radio" and i'm doing fine so far.  been a few years.  i used to just set it to static since I didn't know of any good stations around here (we just moved here in July), but now i listen to AM radio and try to get a traffic report. <span id='postcolor'>

Mine is set to radio, but It dosn't seem to matter much what kind of sound comes out of it, the effects are still the same. It used to be set to the Howard Stern Radio Show when I could still get it here, somtimes it wasn't so bad then. Anyway, someone better get this back on topic before its closed tounge.gif

My stereo lets you play cds at a set time, but when it reads the cd its that annoying/freaky/scary/downright nast cd reading noise that it makes when it turns itself on. thats pretty scary. *i rewally wish there was an embarrased smiley* sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 08 2003,08:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its pretty much that, just sounds different to me, much more agitating

http://fspilot.homestead.com/files/OPFpics/buzz.wav<span id='postcolor'>

*shreiks* Every.... morning.... I don't know how much longer I can hold out!

lol i hate the sound of my alarm clock, too. biggrin.gif

this noise already brought out a reflex in me. every time i hear it i automaticly turn around and hit the switch of the clock in less than one second!! wow.gif

doesn't matter how deep my sleep is! tounge.gif

allright let's stick to the topic before some mods decide to close it. wink.gif

I dont wake up before it goes off, because I dont wake up at all..

when my alarm goes off I immediately get up turn it off and go back to sleep

I even tried tricking myself by setting it and then putting a book on teh off button so I couldnt hit it...woke up next morning to find the clock unplugged hahahha

1 alarm wont get me up, I have 2 wink.gif