Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Wow... these tanks will do for amored addons what BAS' MH47 did for helicopter addons - revolutionize. I love the attention to detail - I mean, how cool is that random vehicle number generator!?!?!?!! FRICKIN COOL!

Edit: Are those troops Red Star's as well? And did anyone else notice that the one soldier sitting on the front glacis plate has his foot resting up on the headlight guard? That's one exacting animation.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (coporal_punishment @ April 25 2003,07:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeap you can tank Lawrie from WWII Engineers for those animations wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oops u mistake there pal, it was SniPro from flashpoint.ru who helped us on those.....

anyway there are still few things that need to be finished off b4 release:

- Brand new Crew (this is done ny Lawrie)

- Some more rtm animations

- Completed scripting for the animations. To make it realistic the soldiers sitting on the armor will only be alble to do so when the commander and driver are in the turned out position as the turret is fixed in all axis. If the crew TURNS IN it will automatically throw off the passangers. Also if the tank is targeted by any threat the same will happen.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ April 25 2003,07:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Completed scripting for the animations. To make it realistic the soldiers sitting on the armor will only be alble to do so when the commander and driver are in the turned out position as the turret is fixed in all axis. If the crew TURNS IN it will automatically throw off the passangers. Also if the tank is targeted by any threat the same will happen.<span id='postcolor'>

A bit stupid question but, will the soldiers sitting on the tank immediately eject if the crew turns in? That would be quite fatal if the tank is moving smile.gif.

Hmm, yes that would be annoying, especially if you're one of the guys on the tank.

Well, then they can just script it that it waits until the crew slow down before ejecting...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ April 25 2003,12:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ April 25 2003,07:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Completed scripting for the animations. To make it realistic the soldiers sitting on the armor will only be alble to do so when the commander and driver are in the turned out position as the turret is fixed in all axis. If the crew TURNS IN it will automatically throw off the passangers. Also if the tank is targeted by any threat the same will happen.<span id='postcolor'>

A bit stupid question but, will the soldiers sitting on the tank immediately eject if the crew turns in? That would be quite fatal if the tank is moving smile.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

i asked that also on the rss forum and they told they jump off the tank when it isnt on safe mode anymore using a script

RSS IRC channel has been up for a few days now...

#redstarstudios on Quakenet.

aw come on man,

the dshkm is just too cool NOT to release as a static weapons. Please, please please make a static MG from it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 25 2003,17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">aw come on man,

the dshkm is just too cool NOT to release as a static weapons. Please, please please make a static MG from it<span id='postcolor'>

It is being made already. Stalker didn't know thats why. wink.gif

And yes, i think mailman is in RSS.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ April 25 2003,17:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 25 2003,17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">aw come on man,

the dshkm is just too cool NOT to release as a static weapons. Please, please please make a static MG from it<span id='postcolor'>

And yes, i think mailman is in RSS.<span id='postcolor'>

I know that DShK is already "cut" from a tank. I said that we are not planning to release it. And mailman left our team 'cos of some reasons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ April 25 2003,18:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ April 25 2003,17:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 25 2003,17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">aw come on man,

And yes, i think mailman is in RSS.<span id='postcolor'>

I know that DShK is already "cut" from a tank. I said that we are not planning to release it. And mailman left our team 'cos of some reasons.<span id='postcolor'>

It was already being made static before it was put on the tank.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ April 25 2003,09:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Troops are not Red Star's It's UCE Russian Desert Infantry.<span id='postcolor'>

Those are RSS's VDVs, silly. wink.gif

Right, on the armor you can see the early version of the RSS desert VDV textured by Skaven from BAS smile.gif

Sorry Stalker, there is no use hiding it anymore smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ April 25 2003,19:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right, on the armor you can see the early version of the RSS desert VDV textured by Skaven from BAS smile.gif

Sorry Stalker, there is no use hiding it anymore smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Co-operation is the word you are looking for... and its not just Skaven wink.gif

oh how cryptic tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ April 25 2003,23:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ April 25 2003,19:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right, on the armor you can see the early version of the RSS desert VDV textured by Skaven from BAS smile.gif

Sorry Stalker, there is no use hiding it anymore smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Co-operation is the word you are looking for... and its not just Skaven wink.gif

oh how cryptic tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL DeadMeat ..... Shhhhhhhh ... Puzzling people is my job biggrin.gif

I hope i can post here...

Anyway, the tanks look cool but the addons im REALLY waiting for are the weapon pack.. i dont know if its been released or if its coming out with something else but it looks really cool and nearly finished (sorry if my standards are too low). They look really cool and I really would like them, i just hope others agree with me. I cant wait to give some Spetz Natz those AK74m's (the grey one), theyll be great fr specop missions.( a bit like off MGS2 with the russian guards on the boat etc.)

the_unknown_one

EDIT>>> o and btw i meant i hope im not thinking there finished when there blatently not, NOT th\t i think the weapons r rubbish.

So what's the latest progress report at this point? Are you looking at a sooner or later type of release?

Your latest news flash at your site seems to be stuck on an irc channel announcement or some exciting thing like that.

crazy.gifwink.gif

Do not fear the release will come smile.gif : when it's done tounge.gif But seriously we are still sorting out the animations, other than that its almost ready smile.gif. But dont think thats the only project in the works there is much more to be looking forward to...but i think I told you too much so now I have to kill you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ 07 May 2003,22:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do not fear the release will come smile.gif : when it's done  tounge.gif  But seriously we are still sorting out the animations, other than that its almost ready smile.gif. But dont think thats the only project in the works there is much more to be looking forward to...but i think I told you too much so now I have to kill you.<span id='postcolor'>

To sort the things out:

We have a such huge rate of conspiracy in our team that nobody know when something will be released tounge.gif No really wink.gif

And about weapons pack:

1. It's not finished yet (not much LODs, bad config etc)

2. The pack won't be released as a standalone addon. It will be released with different units.