Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Will you guys include a couple of wrecked vehicles?

Also, how about some custom drivers? The only two problems with Sigma's other tanks are that that textures are often a bit weak and that the drivers are unrealistic. It seems awful odd that Soviet crew look so much like Iraqi and Chinese ones...and that they all use the same Single/Burst/Auto AK's.

Maybe give the drivers Kegety's PM or Mailmans AKS74U?

Oh one more thing: Could you have a tank in the markings of the DRA army, the Kabul regime during the Soviet-Afghan War?

Also, will the tanks burn when destroyed?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Mar. 18 2003,02:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, will the tanks burn when destroyed?<span id='postcolor'>

You could just use a script for that...Although having it implemented would save us lazy bums some time biggrin.gif

I was chatting on MSN today with Soul Assassin, and it I've been given an offer (I think, I don't remember exactly) to join RSS by helping them with imports of weapons, I suppose making them as well. Naturally I accepted, but SA had to go off and I'm going to be talking with him tomorrow. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 18 2003,03:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Mar. 18 2003,02:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, will the tanks burn when destroyed?<span id='postcolor'>

You could just use a script for that...Although having it implemented would save us lazy bums some time  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It will be done.

As for the wrecks, u'll see wink.gif

Sigma-6 made wrecks for his T-72 addons. I imagine (hope) he makes the game for these T-55s.

WOuld it be possible for a script to put the wrecked vehicles where tanks that are destroyed are?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Mar. 17 2003,20:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WOuld it be possible for a script to put the wrecked vehicles where tanks that are destroyed are?<span id='postcolor'>

that would be awesome.

interesting, but could prove complicated, for example if u r one of the crew, the tank is destroyed the model unloads and u load in the wreck model but what happens to u?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ Mar. 18 2003,18:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">interesting, but could prove complicated, for example if u r one of the crew, the tank is destroyed the model unloads and u load in the wreck model but what happens to u?<span id='postcolor'>

Couldn't you just remove the soldiers when they die...

maybe you could check for surviving crew before switching the model...if there was someone still alive the model would just use the default damage "crinkle" model...but if everyone was dead it switches to the new "full damage" model. Just a thought.

Its will be excelent addon.

Would you mind doing a version that change original T55?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SILESIAN @ Mar. 18 2003,22:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its will be excelent addon.

Would you mind doing a version that change original T55?<span id='postcolor'>

As in replaicing the original p3d file in Data3D.pbo? Then no, we won't do it as we don't see the point in having a client side-only big change like this.

I saw the new screens for the pilot pack. Looking very good, especially the accurate camo. Just as a little side project, could you use those textures on the OFP infantry models, give or take a few polys?

We have put up a few screenshots of our upcoming Pilot pack:

pilot1.jpg

pilot2.jpg

the pack will come with some animations biggrin.gif

About destroyed model change. I don;t think it's a good idea 'cos:

1. We need to make 4-5 different models for every destroyed tank (different camos)

2. Some scripting problems.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Mar. 19 2003,14:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About destroyed model change. I don;t think it's a good idea 'cos:

1. We need to make 4-5 different models for every destroyed tank (different camos)<span id='postcolor'>

Well if you make them like BIS' wrecked vehicles, rust textures smile.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Mar. 19 2003,16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Mar. 19 2003,14:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About destroyed model change. I don;t think it's a good idea 'cos:

1. We need to make 4-5 different models for every destroyed tank (different camos)<span id='postcolor'>

Well if you make them like BIS' wrecked vehicles, rust textures smile.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

Rusted in a few seconds after taking a critical shot? Wow... it had to be a very wet wheater there tounge.gif

Just make it totally burned out. Think about when a tank get hit all the ammo explodes and it gets so hot that the paint either burns or melts.

Look here to see a tank being hit and when the ammo explodes a bit after.