Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 19 2003,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">U guys working on a MI-28 Havoc too .<span id='postcolor'>

Really? tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

will the Mi-28 use your new pilots?

Also, very roughly how close is the Hind to completion?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Mar. 20 2003,05:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">will the Mi-28 use your new pilots?

Also, very roughly how close is the Hind to completion?<span id='postcolor'>

first question: YES the pilots will be used

second question: cant tell u now wink.gif

Are you planning to make a HIND-F with a fixed 23mm cannon instead of the 12.7 turret gun?

For the love of Napalm, would y'all "kindly" let those boys finish the projects they have? jeez folks, don't be a pig about it. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just make it totally burned out. Think about when a tank get hit all the ammo explodes and it gets so hot that the paint either burns or melts.

Look here to see a tank being hit and when the ammo explodes a bit after.<span id='postcolor'>

If a tank burns after it is destroyed, the metal is critically oxidized by the fire. As a result you very quickly have a bright rust colour even in dry weather. Often this is marred by carbon (balckened/charred) and it quickly fades with weathering.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sigma-6 @ Mar. 21 2003,16:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just make it totally burned out. Think about when a tank get hit all the ammo explodes and it gets so hot that the paint either burns or melts.

Look here to see a tank being hit and when the ammo explodes a bit after.<span id='postcolor'>

If a tank burns after it is destroyed, the metal is critically oxidized by the fire. As a result you very quickly have a bright rust colour even in dry weather. Often this is marred by carbon (balckened/charred) and it quickly fades with weathering.<span id='postcolor'>

yub thats what i mean make them all like that then you dont need a destroyed model for each paintjob. just like bis did with there wrecked models

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Mar. 21 2003,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sigma-6 @ Mar. 21 2003,16:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just make it totally burned out. Think about when a tank get hit all the ammo explodes and it gets so hot that the paint either burns or melts.

If a tank burns after it is destroyed, the metal is critically oxidized by the fire. As a result you very quickly have a bright rust colour even in dry weather. Often this is marred by carbon (balckened/charred) and it quickly fades with weathering.<span id='postcolor'>

yub thats what i mean make them all like that then you dont need a destroyed model for each paintjob. just like bis did with there wrecked models<span id='postcolor'>

You're not right. The paint sceme doesn't burn absolutly out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ Mar. 19 2003,21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 19 2003,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">U guys working on a MI-28 Havoc too .<span id='postcolor'>

Really?  tounge.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I knew it biggrin.gif (yes yes yes)

Ok. Here are the new screenies of our weapons pack in EARLY ALPHA stage (so if you don't like the textures read thoose big letters gain)

Edit: Oooops. Some technical problems. Screenies won't show up. Sorry. I'll repost the workning links soon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 22 2003,12:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ Mar. 19 2003,21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 19 2003,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">U guys working on a MI-28 Havoc too .<span id='postcolor'>

Really?  tounge.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I knew it biggrin.gif   (yes yes yes)<span id='postcolor'>

We stoped working on it until the war in Iraq is over. Blaim Mr. Bush.

j/k tounge.gif

Lates and probably the last update on the T55 pack [b4 the release]:

t5510.jpg

t5511.jpg

t5512.jpg

t5513.jpg

some wrecks.

I like how they look ingame. smile.gif

BTW, can anyone verify if that looks like an AK74M? I took the normal AK74 and put the textures into greyscale. I couldn't find anything to compare it to, plus the Ak74M looks like a black AK74. smile.gif

AK-74M

AK-74M(1).jpg

AK-74 Plastic version

ak74plastic.jpg

Notice how the AK-74M or the AK-74 late version (plastic) doesnt have that 'swerve' inwards on the barrel stock...

Also notice the muzzlehider

Btw. Use the same magazine textures from the AK74 on the AKS-74U...?

As you can see in the pics, that AK74M has a plastic handguard with ribbing and a slightly different shape from the AK74 laminated wood handguard. It's no big deal, yours looks good anyway.

Most of the AK74Ms that I have seen in regular service have a slightly reddish/plum colour to the forend and magazine. The new AK100 series are all black.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (earl @ Mar. 26 2003,01:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As you can see in the pics, that AK74M has a plastic handguard with ribbing and a slightly different shape from the AK74 laminated wood handguard.  It's no big deal, yours looks good anyway.

Most of the AK74Ms that I have seen in regular service have a slightly reddish/plum colour to the forend and magazine.  The new AK100 series are all black.<span id='postcolor'>

Do you have any pictures I could make use out of? BTW IMO the handguard and buttstock on that AK74M look plastic. smile.gif

NM, noticed Crunchyfrogs pics.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Mar. 26 2003,01:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AK-74M

AK-74M(1).jpg

AK-74 Plastic version

ak74plastic.jpg

Notice how the AK-74M or the AK-74 late version (plastic) doesnt have that 'swerve' inwards on the barrel stock...

Also notice the muzzlehider

Btw. Use the same magazine textures from the AK74 on the AKS-74U...?<span id='postcolor'>

It would look better if the AK74M's were lightened up, right?

ALso about the AKS74U, I don't remember if I made it or not, but if I would've It would've had the AK74 magazine, with the reddish color. When I was working on my AK pack (which was assimilated by RSS) my AKS74U WAS that one, but with the Firearms AK74 mag. I'm going to change the ribbing on the grip too, but I think that the dip on my AK is on the model. I suppose it isn't such a big deal, but I like to get things right. smile.gif