Sign in to follow this  
Peanut

Mi-2 beta release...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Feb. 22 2003,21:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">btw.... i like how the Mi-2 handles excellently...and the textures are top-notch. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yep. All you addon makers take note of those textures. They match BIS's textures almost perfectly. This addon looks like its part of the game instead of sticking out like a giant Christmas tree decoration from 500m away.

Unless I've missed it, I don't think anyone has noticed this problem. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are some textures missing from the nose section of the helicopter. It's noticeable from around 150 meters and farther when I play the game. Has anyone else noticed this? It doesn't kill the addon but it bugs me a little bit.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This Mi-2 looks like "early alpha" version

This is not total scrap because of nice model (at least external view) and nice textures.

Anyway this is nothing more then "early alpha" IMHO

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (korzon @ Feb. 24 2003,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This Mi-2 looks like "early alpha" version

This is not total scrap because of nice model (at least external view) and nice textures.

Anyway this is nothing more then "early alpha" IMHO<span id='postcolor'>

If you think this addon is not worth "beta" name, then just write what is wrong instead of writing only it is "not total" crap...

Constructive critic please... :]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This Mi-2 looks like "early alpha" version

Anyway this is nothing more then "early alpha" IMHO <span id='postcolor'>

Until you give the basis for this opinion I can do nothing but completely disagree with you on that one.

"Early Alpha"??"Scrap"?? confused.gifconfused.gif

This is a great chopper. I'd recommend giving it some alternative loadouts similar to the Blackhawk, and then I can finally replace the BH for the soviets on some missions!

Great job!

Um, maybe not the ideal place for this, but can someone tell me the simplest way (preferrably not scripts) to have a waypoint for an MI-2 to drop off a team of six spetsnatz.

I want the whole six (whether AI or player) to jump out at a specific waypoint.

Thanks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Feb. 24 2003,06:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Um, maybe not the ideal place for this, but can someone tell me the simplest way (preferrably not scripts) to have a waypoint for an MI-2 to drop off a team of six spetsnatz.

I want the whole six (whether AI or player) to jump out at a specific waypoint.

Thanks.<span id='postcolor'>

It may cause jumper's death if u want them all jump in the same time confused.gif

If you are wanting them to parachute out you could do it with triggers but it would be much simpler to go over to OFPEC and dl one of the scripts in the eidtors depot.

Some new info about MI-2 and next beta version of it:

1. There will be changes inside chopper like added glass in front(for pilot view) and some new textures.

2. There will be only one model finished(from MI-2 Pack) its: Russian MI-2 with 57mm rockets and after it will be fully completed we will relise MI-2 Resistance(with machine gun) and MI-2 Civilian(with no weapons).

3. Fixes and improvements in textures and model and new sound i think will be added too.

if you will find any bugs please post it here than we will be able to create the best MI-2 ever seen  smile.gif

Public Relations of NO Nashe Orujie.

And here is our forumő feel free to post there any bugs(its for russian speaking and for english speaking too)

Magnificent addon! It could almost be left as is, very well done smile.gif The textures, especially inside (where a lot of addons fall down), look great.

I was going to ask for a civilian version and perhaps a different sound (for the 3-bladed rotor), but it looks like you're well and truly on top of things in that department smile.gif

An extremely well rounded addon, especially for a beta - my hat off to you sir smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 24 2003,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (korzon @ Feb. 24 2003,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This Mi-2 looks like "early alpha" version

If you think this addon is not worth "beta" name, then just write what is wrong instead of writing only it is "not total" crap...

Constructive critic please... :]<span id='postcolor'>

I thinked then this is evident alpha. Just look at inside view - ad-hoc textures and very badly modeled cabine.

Compare quality of internal textures and modeling with Airwolf's Mi-2.

External view have better textures but armament is totally unrealistic.

First of all russians used only transport version - Mi-2T

The armament as it was made is nothing even similar to armed Mi-2URN.

Lights are in improper places.

This is alpha... This is nothing bad if this chopper is still developped but dont close your eyes - alpha, early alpha

Sounds good, maybe you can retexture that Resistance Mi-2 with PK to Russian colours when it's done. Also I would like that the civilian and Resistance Mi-2 would have their own PBOs.

And if this is alpha, it's funny that it still beats many betas and even full versions of different addons crazy.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (korzon @ Feb. 24 2003,20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 24 2003,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (korzon @ Feb. 24 2003,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This Mi-2 looks like "early alpha" version

I thinked then this is evident alpha. Just look at inside view - ad-hoc textures and very badly modeled cabine.

This is alpha... This is nothing bad if this chopper is still developped but dont close your eyes - alpha, early alpha<span id='postcolor'>

Early alpha? Did you download the right thing mate?

Aside from our disagreement about the quality of the addon, as Johann said, constructive criticism is the name of the game if it doesn't appeal to you...

hmm as i know Russian Air Force used armed versions of MI-2 too.

is MI-2 from Airwolf relised? no do Airwolf said relise date? no

As you can see many MODs post a really cool and sweet screens and after 1 month nothing...

Im not talikng that Airwolf is working bad his chopper will be cool if it get relised.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (korzon @ Feb. 24 2003,12:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 24 2003,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (korzon @ Feb. 24 2003,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This Mi-2 looks like "early alpha" version

This is alpha... This is nothing bad if this chopper is still developped but dont close your eyes - alpha, early alpha<span id='postcolor'>

What do I call early alpha release was Ka-25, MiG-29, MiG-25, etc.

What is most important, Mi-2 model at current stage keeps the level of in-game models. Calling it early alpha is like calling whole game early alpha :]

About arnament - it is truth that russians used only transport version (with fuel tanks mounted on pylons). But changing fuel tanks to arnament was not a problem, especially during war :]

Arnament as it was made is mounted properly, which you may notice for example on an image provided by kegetys:

mi2urn.jpg

@ Abrams (author?)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. There will be only one model finished(from MI-2 Pack) its: Russian MI-2 with 57mm rockets<span id='postcolor'>

oh... sad.gif please think about releasing more ammo loadouts... :] Maybe not in first release, but... It is really worth doing :] Everybody will love you 3 times more :]

Alpha?! This is almost as good as a finished model!

I think that perhaps there is something more to your complaints than constructive criticism...are you making an Mi-2 of your own or something?

I am already making room for this addon in my missions. I think it'll be a good one for the Soviets to have in RTS-3.

to Johann "onn" Bitsoenn:

No im not author author is DPS from Nashe Orujieo.

Im a Nashe Orujieo Public Relations smile.gif

We will think about more loadouts but later after this one will fully bug-free

to KaRRiLLioN:

thanks for feedback  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (korzon @ Feb. 24 2003,12:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 24 2003,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (korzon @ Feb. 24 2003,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This Mi-2 looks like "early alpha" version

Dude you are nuts. The cabin looks fantastic, the textures rock, the handling is excellent, the sound is ok (but could be more realistic instead of the Little Bird or Kiowa sound), and the rockets on it look very similar to some of the Mi-2's people posted pictures of. Did Airwolf release his Mi-2 or are you just a beta-tester or a member of his mod team trying to trash another addon maker's work? If so I suggest you stop because it just looks very bad and very childish. Just be polite and if you see parts that are unrealistic point them out in a polite manner with pictures and research to back up your observations if possible. There are some minor problems with this Mi-2 (like the texture problem I noted) but overall it's a beautiful addon that is extremely well done in the opinion of almost everyone here who has tried it.

If Airwolf (Isn't he AirwolfPL or something like that?) can make a better one then that's great, but until that other Mi-2 addon is released we won't know.

So please don't compare this Mi-2 with another Mi-2 addon that hasn't even been released.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This Mi-2 looks fantastic it looks to me completed I can't find bugs in it it rocks I thank the maker of this addon nice job this chopper rocks hope he makes some other great addons just like this beaty wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fighter @ Feb. 23 2003,03:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Feb. 22 2003,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(from, this site is great Mi-26 by Stalker too)<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

MI-26 was made by DPS too not by Stalker

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (korzon @ Feb. 24 2003,12wow.gif0)

Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 24 2003,00:36)

Quote (korzon @ Feb. 24 2003,00:23)

This Mi-2 looks like "early alpha" version

Anyway this is nothing more then "early alpha" IMHO

Constructive critic please... :]

This is alpha... This is nothing bad if this chopper is still developped but dont close your eyes - alpha, early alpha

Dude you are nuts. The cabin looks fantastic, the textures rock, the handling is excellent, the sound is ok (but could be more realistic instead of the Little Bird or Kiowa sound), and the rockets on it look very similar to some of the Mi-2's people posted pictures of. Did Airwolf release his Mi-2 or are you just a beta-tester or a member of his mod team trying to trash another addon maker's work? If so I suggest you stop because it just looks very bad and very childish. Just be polite and if you see parts that are unrealistic point them out in a polite manner with pictures and research to back up your observations if possible. There are some minor problems with this Mi-2 (like the texture problem I noted) but overall it's a beautiful addon that is extremely well done in the opinion of almost everyone here who has tried it.

If Airwolf (Isn't he AirwolfPL or something like that?) can make a better one then that's great, but until that other Mi-2 addon is released we won't know.

So please don't compare this Mi-2 with another Mi-2 addon that hasn't even been released.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

<span id='postcolor'>

*Raises glass to Miles Teg*

Well said.... smile.gif

And I have also noticed that texture bug you reported....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Abrams @ Feb. 24 2003,14:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm as i know Russian Air Force used armed versions of MI-2 too.

is MI-2 from Airwolf relised? no do Airwolf said relise date? no

As you can see many MODs post a really cool and sweet screens and after 1 month nothing...

Im not talikng that Airwolf is working bad his chopper will be cool if it get relised.<span id='postcolor'>

I speak about the quality which is for me more important then the time. I prefer good final later ethen early alpha early :-)

This is my personal choice and nobody must agree with me.

Comparing the quality with Airwolf mod you have a lot of things to do. I dont like flamewars. I said only then this is early alpha in my opinion and you have a lot of things to do.

Isnt right?

Regarding armed version in Soviet Union - have you any photo of armed, russian Mi2?

Armed versions were made only in Poland and I dont know if enyone else used them. I have in mind:

URN (- "Uzbrojona Rakiety Niekierowane" )

URP (- "Uzbrojona Rakiety Przeciwpancerne" )

US (- "Uzbrojona Strzelecka" )

razryeshitye ryebyata :-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 24 2003,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (korzon @ Feb. 24 2003,12wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 24 2003,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (korzon @ Feb. 24 2003,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This Mi-2 looks like "early alpha" version

Dude you are nuts.  The cabin looks fantastic, the textures rock, the handling is excellent, the sound is ok (but could be more realistic instead of the Little Bird or Kiowa sound), and the rockets on it look very similar to some of the Mi-2's people posted pictures of.  Did Airwolf release his Mi-2 or are you just a beta-tester or a member of his mod team trying to trash another addon maker's work?  If so I suggest you stop because it just looks very bad and very childish.  Just be polite and if you see parts that are unrealistic point them out in a polite manner with pictures and research to back up your observations if possible.  There are some minor problems with this Mi-2 (like the texture problem I noted) but overall it's a beautiful addon that is extremely well done in the opinion of almost everyone here who has tried it.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

I'm happy then this model is released althought I prefer to wait for good model then have a non-finished one.

This is my choice.

But dont tell me then textures are finished, internal view is ok and other...well I'm polite and I tell them what is wrong in the model.

I should tell them this what is not true - Then this model is OK, final, what a beautifull job !?

I'm sorry, this is god job but model is not finished, some parts are only touched - like internal views and nternal textures

You have right to disagree but I have seen many better models, textures.

for me EOT