Sign in to follow this  
dm

Deltas and rangers released!

OK fone...we'll look into it.

OH....and I forgot before....no we won't be doing Choc Chip BDUs for them....sorry sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tigershark @ Feb. 17 2003,05:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

The 3 colur BDUs are a big issue...in the end we decided to go with what best simulates camo in game. The colors may not match exactly real life colors but they are modeled off the real thing and then modified to provide the best camo scheme in game. I doubt we will be changing them. Also the colors will appear differently depending on video cards and hardware factors.<span id='postcolor'>

To add to what TS said. BAS made and tested 5 total complete FINISHED sets of 3 color desert BDUs in various shades from day one. It was a drawn out process to get to where they ended up.

I found a bug, if you take your pistol out. Then move your head to the right or left, it stretches.

Is it me, or can you take a extreme amount of bullets?

I mean, ok, a vest can stop a pistol or SMG, but not really a LMG or AR

(I took a huge amount of pk/ak74 bullets without dying)

I noticed that. When experimenting with new units and stuff I normally just place a group, play as the machinegunner, waste everybody in my squad and then pick up weapons to test at leisure. With this lot it took so long to kill them they blatted me. The Delta self healing has been explained, but I dunno if that is it or not.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Feb. 17 2003,07:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it me, or can you take a extreme amount of bullets?

I mean, ok, a vest can stop a pistol or SMG, but not really a LMG or AR

(I took a huge amount of pk/ak74 bullets without dying)<span id='postcolor'>

a huge amount? i just tested and it was only about 4, which if you take into account real life is how many it would take to kill you pretty much instantly without hitting the heart/major artery with no vest, so i think the survivability has been modelled accurately...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Feb. 17 2003,04:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avon, i just checked the sqm of Ranger Raiders, no DKM mod entry...but.. there is a conflict in there somewhere. When i had DKM addon installed, it would sneak itself into mission .sqms somehow, but in last few days i had only the MH6 and delta pack installed to avoid those confilcts on final export on missions.<span id='postcolor'>

Could you make the contact with DKMM and resolve whos' error it is between you? TIA. smile.gif

Argh. I looked through the readme real quick... never bother looking at bugs because I was so excited to play with em smile.gif

Guys, the Delta and Rangers have the body vests simulated, which means that they have the armour hit points increased, however, if you plain to shoot them fast it's easy, just shoot them in the head biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tigershark @ Feb. 17 2003,10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Other than making them look cool...no biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

In real life, would it have made vision yellow tinted?

If so, are there plans to introduce this?

Well done BAS....

Having been away from OFP for some time I didn't expect to come back to the community and find this kind of quality addon. Absolutely breath-taking. And to think that you guys do this for free....

Can't wait for the rest of your projects to be completed. Needless to say your website is now on my favourites!

Karlos

PS - Why doesn't the download link on your MH47e work?

Bas kudos, this is a very very good addon, the missions are great, u guys gut it down all togethere. Keep it up!!!!! tounge.gif

Finally got around to downloading this, and obviously its a great package. Cept i found one little thing. When i am the DES Delta (S) Team Leader, and i fire my weapon, the sound will keep on repeating itself. And its not like the sound is skipping on my computer, because everything else around will play just fine. I can also keep firing my weapon and it will sound normal, but it keeps repeating itself. This happens on no other units but this one. It could possibly be just me, but i thought i'd just point that out in case it isn't. Other then that, great stuff guys. biggrin.gif

I hadn't looked at the Rescue Ranger mission until now.

Whoa! Played the intro. Had the whole office here jumping! Unbelievable! That scene where the A10 flys in from behind made people's eyes pop out here.

I can see I'm not going to get even half an hour's worth of work done today.................

Tomorrow....................

Wednesday................

February.................

smile.gif

I played the motorcycle mission. I though I had my Ranger safely extracted. Then I rode through a forest and came straight out to the other side where a squad of enemies had already spotted me and blasted the 2 of us!

One thing that OFP confirms for me. I'm never gonna let the kids drive motorcycles. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 17 2003,09:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tigershark @ Feb. 17 2003,10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Other than making them look cool...no biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

In real life, would it have made vision yellow tinted?

If so, are there plans to introduce this?<span id='postcolor'>

Nice idea, but now I go for a little Kawasaki ride biggrin.gif

The first time I rode this bike I drove straight south from the insertion point of the fast delta (or is it ranger? ) mission, downhill. Right atop the river I did a huge jump, loosing control over my bike. I fell to the ground and next thing was my bike sliding down the mountain in a dustcloud and me running behind trying to catch up tounge.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 17 2003,11:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whoa! Played the intro. Had the whole office here jumping! Unbelievable! That scene where the A10 flys in from behind made people's eyes pop out here.<span id='postcolor'>

I can only repeat myself: Please make avi movies out of those intros! There are many of the best scripted sequences I have ever seen in OFP!! smile.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 17 2003,12:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The first time I rode this bike I drove straight south from the insertion point of the fast delta (or is it ranger? ) mission, downhill. Right atop the river I did a huge jump, loosing control over my bike. I fell to the ground and next thing was my bike sliding down the mountain in a dustcloud and me running behind trying to catch up  tounge.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I did that the 2nd time. tounge.gif I missed the turn heading south eastward and I tried going across the shorline mountains. But I feel downward bad enough to be knocked off my bike and get killed. In the mission end death scene, I watched the bike tumble off the cliff into the water below. biggrin.gif

TOP NOTCH ADDON,GUYS! Really these are probably the best units I've seen! Absolutely love the sounds,animations, details...I mean they just look and move REAL like..heh..There's just a little thing I've noticed..I was in a squad of woodland Rangers, moving along...We came under fire, and my squad opened up.This was great to watch and hear..Finally a shoot out reminiscent of a Hollywood blockbuster, but as I looked closer, I noticed the bullets seemed to come out of the sight on the M4 SOPMOD Reflex.I took a screenshot and this confirmed my observation>I'd post the screenshot but I can't..lol...But apart from this, excellent work! biggrin.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

wow.gif LOL! That bike is some machine! Got it up to 240km/h!!Was mad fun...Then I fell off....lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 17 2003,11:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hadn't looked at the Rescue Ranger mission until now.

Whoa! Played the intro. Had the whole office here jumping! Unbelievable! That scene where the A10 flys in from behind made people's eyes pop out here.<span id='postcolor'>

Watch the Ranger Raiders intro and wait for the foggy woods scene wow.gifwow.gif.

The only thing I don't like isd a AT M134 model (or whatever it is called). In first person it looks plain ugly. Otherwise it is an excellent addon with nice missions

AH yeah I agree Antichrist...That AT-4 seems to behave just like a LAW or RPG, with the difference that it has a slightly shorter range.And it looks rather ugly, but I must stress that this is still a GREAT addon! biggrin.gif