Gunter Severloh

The Enfusion Engine Reveal | The New Platform for ARMA 4 by Bohemia Interactive

This interview ( link in the video)  brings a lot of information 🙂 As it seems, it will be not that difficult to port/ use the Arma 3 terrains. Main problem ( more a lot of work than a problem) seems to be the converting of all the building textures for the new lighting system. But finally...proper lighting for interior and exteriors...this is a big one ! Proper lakes and rivers are mentioned as volumetric cloudes, fog and

wet surfaces ....and yes the already ported Tanoa to Enfusion and tested it for the PS4...hopefully all the assets will be directly avaible for modding 🙂

16 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

This interview ( link in the video)  brings a lot of information 🙂 As it seems, it will be not that difficult to port/ use the Arma 3 terrains. Main problem ( more a lot of work than a problem) seems to be the converting of all the building textures for the new lighting system. But finally...proper lighting for interior and exteriors...this is a big one ! Proper lakes and rivers are mentioned as volumetric cloudes, fog and

wet surfaces ....and yes the already ported Tanoa to Enfusion and tested it for the PS4...hopefully all the assets will be directly avaible for modding 🙂

Tanoa is the better terrain i got bored with livonia-sh style map. My dream is a "Saharani Warlord " completely rebuild with spanish language  and "ghost recon style" characters for both factions  

Both Tanoa and Saharani had dead zones for the AI -that being entire block areas that the AI simply couldnt move on. You'll remember the terraces of and stairs of Parasio and just about any elevated portion of City landscapes in Tanoa as well -THAT is by far the bigger thing needed. What good is beautiful fighting landscapes if the AI cant use the most interesting parts of it?

Looks decent but guess I was expecting more -like the kind of awe inspiring massive scapes of Far Cry 5 or Ghost Recon Wilderness. Dont particularly like either of those games but the landscapes can be pretty awe inspiring. Graphics aside (and AI concerns) -what about the Audio?

I dont know anything about how deeply its either the engine itself or middleware over the top or what -but lately i been playing alot of Insurgency Sandstorm and have to say - that audio is freakin FANTASTIC!! I mean you really really get a sense of where gunfire is coming from, where exactly in a complicated built up (also beautifully rendered) maps the shots, shout outs, coughs, hissing smoke cannisters whatever with pinpoint precision. I would go as far as to say id rather have that sound in Arma than a graphics overhaul -its that much more immersive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Looks decent but guess I was expecting more -like the kind of awe inspiring massive scapes of Far Cry 5 or Ghost Recon Wilderness. Dont particularly like either of those games but the landscapes can be pretty awe inspiring.

Actual fact: "This would be the perfect engine for ArmA 4" came up ALOT during playing Wildlands in Co-op! 🤩

• Like 1

It's nice that we might see something this year for players to test.

FAQ video about the Enfusion Engine in comparison to the RV engine (current Arma 3)

According to the interviews there will be a demo this year!

* So is this reforger early form of ArmA4? Or should we buy also arma4 in the future?

* Is this reforger just PvP? Will it remain as PvP or PvE (like domination) or campaign/single missions will be added?

1 hour ago, cenkcnk said:

* So is this reforger early form of ArmA4? Or should we buy also arma4 in the future?

* Is this reforger just PvP? Will it remain as PvP or PvE (like domination) or campaign/single missions will be added?

Yeah, I'd like some clarity re Singleplayer stuff, I imagine its all in the pipeline but it would be nice to know re official missions and maybe a campaign in either this or 4 if it is indeed part of the roadmap. 

1 hour ago, cenkcnk said:

I've just test a hour or so.

Reforger is not Arma 4 which will come later. It's an other game.

Right now you have a zeus game mode where you can put ais and stuff around Everon.

AI are there and the mode called conflict is similar to a Warfare that we know from Armed Assault.

We're discussing about Reforger here:

I hope to see a subforum quickly.

How does one acquire the "Enfusion Workbench"?

Eg; Dyslexi using this tool today

I can not find it available via;

• Steam as part of Reforger after you purchase it
  • Steam as a separate application/tool in the store
  • The EE website

If you search for "Enfusion Workbench" on steam, "Dayz Tools" comes up but that's it.

Tried logging in on the EE website, but it just links you to Bohemia's main site and the login is not tied to the EE site so that didn't seem to help.

Are the tools just not available to the public currently?

I have a lot of other questions, but I acknowledge you're probably being overwhelmed now, can I just make one suggestion?;

PLEASE allow us to bind Mouse4 and Mouse5 in the controls menu. I have used Mouse4 for use for... a decade... and it's painful when I'm clicking it in the controls menu to bind a key and it just doesn't care, but there's a hint on the keybind input screen that says "ESC = Cancel", and when you press ESC it binds ESC to the key instead of cancelling.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be an ass or complain, just trying to help. Thank you very much! 😉

2 hours ago, boss00521 said:

https://reforger.armaplatform.com/dev-hub

Its the link to Reforger site and there is Workbench download button. I think its what you are looking for🤔

Did you actually find a download link?

I clicked every single button on this page, tried submitting my email, but I'm still not seeing any download.

If you go to the "Early Access" link posted on that page, it actually says;

"If you want to download Workbench, check our Dev Hub."

...in the third last paragraph, but it just links back to the same page you linked.

In the "Docs" link on that page, their listed tools does not include the workbench (or much else); https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Arma_Reforger/Modding/Tools/Official_Tools

Hi! The workbench can be downloaded from Steam, it's called 'Arma Reforger Tools' in 'Tools' section.

3 minutes ago, Sparker said:

Hi! The workbench can be downloaded from Steam, it's called 'Arma Reforger Tools' in 'Tools' section.

Ahhh they finally added it lol. I looked until I passed out last night but only used the search in the Steam Store this morning :X...

TYVM, time to get learning! 😜

Thank you so much JC Denton! 😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fourty7 said:

I have a lot of other questions, but I acknowledge you're probably being overwhelmed now, can I just make one suggestion?;

PLEASE allow us to bind Mouse4 and Mouse5 in the controls menu. I have used Mouse4 for use for... a decade... and it's painful when I'm clicking it in the controls menu to bind a key and it just doesn't care, but there's a hint on the keybind input screen that says "ESC = Cancel", and when you press ESC it binds ESC to the key instead of cancelling.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be an ass or complain, just trying to help. Thank you very much!

You know the game has a feedback system in the game itself, BI want you to tell them whats wrong, what you like, dislike, what could be added, or what

needs to be tweaked, why its early access, this is a test bed to Arma 4.

As Sparker said the tools are in your steam library under home, the tools are in the tools section, titled Arma Reforger Tools.

They are the tools you can use to create missions with.

I tried to find the feedback system but couldn't. I didn't look everywhere yet, because I'm still having the server connection issues so many are (Added the exe to win firewall in+out accept all, didn't help).

Got the tools and it's actually a (mostly (missing object editor it seems?)) full tool suite, not just for missions. Eg; https://i.imgur.com/qbUbEyb.png

*edit* : The "World Editor" may be intended to be used as the object editor as well it seems, not sure yet.

Edited by Fourty7
Updated information.

There is no section for Arma Reforger so i will post it here:

Servers have a major issue. Almost all users cannot connect to a populated servers. It works only when there is less than a 60% playing ton the server. That is a server side issue, please take a look at it.

17 hours ago, Fourty7 said:

There is a trick to bind mouse buttons :

1) In game change the bind of the action you want to attach your mouse button.

2) Close the game, open the file .chimeraUserInput.conf (C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\ArmaReforger\profile)

3) Search for the line : Input "keyboard:KEYBIND" and replace it by : Input "mouse:button4" (or button3 or what ever you want).

4) Save and close the file, launch the game, enjoy 🙂

Edited by MikeMuir
Typo, bad english.
  • Like 3

According to PCG they expect there will be an ArmA 4 showcase at the gaming conference thing going on at the moment: 

5rvGYiB.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1