Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

A-4 skyhawk rerelease

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dark Knight @ Feb. 02 2003,06:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this plane is brill!!!

although

1) when u put it in automatic landing it would try and land the plane with the gears still up<span id='postcolor'>

or do what i do and land it manualy biggrin.gif. its not hat hard.... hmmmm (note to self create tut on how to land aircraft in OFP) what the hell i got too much time on my hands anyway. . .besides pissing ppl off in forums got boring confused.gif

When i was using the rocket version, i changed weapons quickly with mouse in look mode (when you down fly with it, just look around) the mouse cursor starts to go higher and higher up the screen, reseting itslef to a higher place with every weapon change

After that bad explaining you'll probably not have a clue what I'm talking about, but never mind biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Feb. 02 2003,11:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought you left too tall?<span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif ya i did but i got bored with that so now im back. .like i said im bored with pissing ppl off in forums...its too easy. i need a challenge

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (marc0523 @ Feb. 02 2003,11:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When i was using the rocket version, i changed weapons quickly with mouse in look mode (when you down fly with it, just look around) the mouse cursor starts to go higher and higher up the screen, reseting itslef to a higher place with every weapon change

After that bad explaining you'll probably not have a clue what I'm talking about, but never mind  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i knwo what your talkin bout, on some occasions my mouse does that with some other aircrafts (including BIS ones) i jsut get out and get back in 2 or 3 times and that solves it. unless ur un-like me and fly with the mouse. i prefer the topgun series "foxII pro (shock)" from thrustmaster for all my flying needs in OFP. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Feb. 02 2003,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Feb. 02 2003,11wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought you left too tall?<span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif  ya i did but i got bored with that so now im back. .like i said im bored with pissing ppl off in forums...its too easy. i need a challenge<span id='postcolor'>

staying away from social forums ... that's your new challenge from now

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  lol too easy. i ment pissing someone off usualy takes longer. .but you guys. . .ahhh too easy. . . i forget what other forum i was on but pisisng those guys off took alot of work. . .now that was fun

btw lets not ruin this topic with witty response back to me huh? col klink here took alot of time workin on this adodn and is lookin for suggestions and fixes, not to see how witty u can be with forum enemy #1

wink.gif

btw id also like to state that im not here to be liked. im here to ofer my opinon and my thoughts and suggestions. if you dont liek me, thats your problem not mine biggrin.gif. if you dont liek me then dont read what i have to post. its that simple

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Feb. 02 2003,17:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  lol too easy. i ment pissing someone of fusualy takes longer. .but you guys. . .ahhh too easy. . . i forget what other forum i was on but pisisng those guys off took alot of work. . .now that was fun<span id='postcolor'>

it's not fun , it's stupid , now go away and come back in 3 months n we'll see if you're worth another chance

once again i state. .lets not use this topic for our fake witty comebacks and focus on teh Douglas A4F Skyhawk here.

klink another suggestion. . .(thinks to self. . i could tell him this on AIM. . oh well) another suggestion is that since u made your own catagor for this adon you can remove your sig from the actual display name

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 02 2003,17:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Feb. 02 2003,17:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  lol too easy. i ment pissing someone of fusualy takes longer. .but you guys. . .ahhh too easy. . . i forget what other forum i was on but pisisng those guys off took alot of work. . .now that was fun<span id='postcolor'>

it's not fun  , it's stupid , now go away and come back in 3 months n we'll see if you're worth another chance<span id='postcolor'>

I agree ran, immature 12 year olds should all be banned. They always have to have the last word and goddamn annoying.

could we please stick to the topic at hand here?

the topic was (since i need to remind you)

A4F Skyhawk

the veitnam era ground attack aircraft made by Mcdonnell/Douglas (formaly Douglas) and brought into the Operation Flashpoint world by the great and wonderful addon maker Col Klink.

I've been playing around with this addon for a bit now... and here are my thoughts:

What a great new dynamic... The afterburner effect is really fun to play with when you're taking off or cruising around large islands. The textures are absolutely fantastic. smile.gif

The handling is very good in mid-air too...

but just some problems... (I havn't read the whole thread, so ignore whats been mentioned already) :

- The handling on the runway is very bouncy, the plane may even topple to the side and you can't get it back up straight.

- You can land with the landing gear still up.

- The sidewinders are very funny... and it reminds me of an old bug I had with an addon.... The sidewinders, when they shoot, they can go at any angle and chase the target, then they circle/orbit the target for a while and then hit it.

- The MK82s don't lock on a target (maybe they shouldn't, but my memory is clouded about these era planes)

Other than those, the plane is fantastic smile.gif Good job on the rework.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The handling on the runway is very bouncy, the plane may even topple to the side and you can't get it back up straight.

- You can land with the landing gear still up.

- The sidewinders are very funny... and it reminds me of an old bug I had with an addon.... The sidewinders, when they shoot, they can go at any angle and chase the target, then they circle/orbit the target for a while and then hit it.

- The MK82s don't lock on a target (maybe they shouldn't, but my memory is clouded about these era planes)

<span id='postcolor'>

Hi Scorpio:

The next release has the landing gear fixed. It was the land contact issue.

Sidewinders are back to normal.. (if there is such a thing in OFP).

AI useage of the Mk 82s greatly improved. No the Mk 82s are/were?? a free fall bomb which means there was no lock. Up to the skill of the human pilot smile.gif

Cheers

Klink

Is it possible to put vapour trails onto the wingtips of the plane, this would look great flying through the bright blue operation flashpoint sky.

they have been discussed not sure where klink got wiv em though wink.gif

The Mk series of bombs are bumb bombs, no guidance, thus non-lockable weapons.

The GBU(Laser Guided Bombs) are Mk series bombs with a nose mounted guidance unit attached.

DragoFire

What about the Mk82 bombs on the tornado? They "lock on", but they don't home on the target by themselves. You still get a diamond box indicating the correct release point. This simulates the CCIP pretty good, or even CCRP when issuing a target and telling the gunner to fire.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Feb. 03 2003,00:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What about the Mk82 bombs on the tornado? They "lock on", but they don't home on the target by themselves. You still get a diamond box indicating the correct release point. This simulates the CCIP pretty good, or even CCRP when issuing a target and telling the gunner to fire.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree... this is a good way for simulating the CCIP system which tells a pilot when to drop iron bombs when he designates his target by laser or by ground attack radar.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 03 2003,02:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree... this is a good way for simulating the CCIP system which tells a pilot when to drop iron bombs when he designates his target by laser or by ground attack radar.  <span id='postcolor'>

What do you mean "by laser or by ground radar"? You don't need to have a laser designator or a radar to drop "dumb" bombs. Just a HUD info of the target box and a diamond indicating that if you drop NOW the bombs will fall close enough to the target to do some damage.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Feb. 03 2003,01:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 03 2003,02wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree... this is a good way for simulating the CCIP system which tells a pilot when to drop iron bombs when he designates his target by laser or by ground attack radar.  <span id='postcolor'>

What do you mean "by laser or by ground radar"? You don't need to have a laser designator or a radar to drop "dumb" bombs. Just a HUD info of the target box and a diamond indicating that if you drop NOW the bombs will fall close enough to the target to do some damage.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, I was talking about in real life, not the game. I basically was agreeing with you. However in real life, it doesn't happen by magic nor does it happen all on the HUD. The computer that handles the bomb release information on the HUD has to have a target locked on and with distance information before it can give the pilot bomb release info. That target is designated using either a laser or a ground attack radar system. Again this is in real life. The info you mentioned on the Tornado in OFP simulates this nicely so I am agreeing with you. It's a good system that I hope more addon makers use because it's a lot easier then just eyeballing it and guessing where the bomb will land.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

-------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic.

The plane itself is good but the textures could use some more dirt on them... it also goes really too fast. Faster than the tornado and/or f-15.

-------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Image fixed smile.gif