Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

A-4 skyhawk rerelease

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry, I was talking about in real life, not the game. I basically was agreeing with you. However in real life, it doesn't happen by magic nor does it happen all on the HUD. The computer that handles the bomb release information on the HUD has to have a target locked on and with distance information before it can give the pilot bomb release info. That target is designated using either a laser or a ground attack radar system. Again this is in real life. The info you mentioned on the Tornado in OFP simulates this nicely so I am agreeing with you. It's a good system that I hope more addon makers use because it's a lot easier then just eyeballing it and guessing where the bomb will land. <span id='postcolor'>

So whats the verdict? Realism or OFPism ?biggrin.gif Do I put laser lock or not?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The plane itself is good but the textures could use some more dirt on them... <span id='postcolor'>

What u see is what u gonna get. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it also goes really too fast. Faster than the tornado and/or f-15.<span id='postcolor'>

Good grief!

"The Skyhawk F top speed is 685 mph": which is 1097 kmph which has been fixed in the next release.  Normally without the a/b (which will be removed on the final release) u would be hard pressed to get 685 kph in OFP even when the max speed is set correctly. Admittedly this is empty weight, but what the heck.. OFP is only a game. See above:)

At least it's not as fast as the Mig-29 addon. I'm afraid to hit the throttle when I'm flying it in case I start to travel back in time. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At least it's not as fast as the Mig-29 addon. I'm afraid to hit the throttle when I'm flying it in case I start to travel back in time.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL Time travel in OFP? Cool. smile.gif Before the last patch I'm sure we had the Bermuda Triangle just north of the islands with disappearing aircraft. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 03 2003,09:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At least it's not as fast as the Mig-29 addon. I'm afraid to hit the throttle when I'm flying it in case I start to travel back in time.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, you would just break through the "file barrier" and reach the next island. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 03 2003,09:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, you would just break through the "file barrier" and reach the next island. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

And the award for "Most Unfunny Joke on an OFP Forum" goes too.....

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Feb. 03 2003,10:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And the award for "Most Unfunny Joke on an OFP Forum" goes to.....<span id='postcolor'>

upset.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 03 2003,03:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 03 2003,09:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At least it's not as fast as the Mig-29 addon. I'm afraid to hit the throttle when I'm flying it in case I start to travel back in time.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, you would just break through the "file barrier" and reach the next island. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif sad thing is. . . i actualy tried this lol. this was back in 1.30 days thou.... thou just the other day with the A4 i flew up to that altitude u see in the pic. . .i turned around and attpemptd to fly back to the island. . .after 20 minutes i ran out of fuel. . burned it all getting high tounge.gif so i went for a swim. . .damn those sharks are quick! crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dark Knight @ Feb. 03 2003,12:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">where did u get that pic of my sister from  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You have just bannished your entire family from the gene pool! wow.gif

my attempt to bring it back on topic  :

Just 1 remark/observation; I think this airplane is a slight mix-up of a A-4F Camelback-version and a A-4M Skyhawk II.

The M version has the tail similar on the addon, most of the time fitted with a small electronics pod as seen on a lot of jetfighters

All the older models including the F-version (which i think this addon is) had a more "shark-fin" shaped tail, even the camelbacks.

the also had HALF the gun ammo (200) th M model has.

If you take a look at FAS you can see that even they make the same mistake...the last three pictures (low vis grey camo)are A-4M the rest is rightly named A-4F

Apart from that, I just LOVE this plane!

L8R,

TopCover

Instead of the standard ofp targeting system as seen on the tornado, can't you code in a CCIP script? I know they exist, and with the new ofp versions (1.90-1.91) you can add scripts to addons like DKM mods RAH-66... Just a tought, but i hope you consider it.

Colonel Klink, if you can make the bombing system like the G8 Tornado, then it would be good. The bombs don't follow the laser, but it serves to tell the player when to drop the bombs as you get a diamond over the target box when you get within range to release the bomb. The target box itself you get when you right click on a target. But if that's too complicated then if you can just make it where the AI bomb more accurately then that's fine also. Although perhaps your latest version that you're working on already does this.

Anyways it's worth fooling around with.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

"The bombs don't follow the laser, but it serves to tell the player when to drop the bombs as you get a diamond over the target box when you get within range to release the bomb"

good point...but you dont get the rush of bombing manually w/o references. if you practice this way then if your CCIP fails you can still make a run with a +90% accuracy rate.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TopCover @ Feb. 03 2003,06:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my attempt to bring it back on topic  :

Just 1 remark/observation; I think this airplane is a slight mix-up of a A-4F Camelback-version and a A-4M Skyhawk II.

The M version has the tail similar on the addon, most of the time fitted with a small electronics pod as seen on a lot of jetfighters

All the older models including the F-version (which i think this addon is) had a more "shark-fin" shaped tail, even the camelbacks.

the also had HALF the gun ammo (200) th M model has.

If you take a look at FAS you can see that even they make the same mistake...the last three pictures (low vis grey camo)are A-4M the rest is rightly named A-4F

Apart from that, I just LOVE this plane!

L8R,

TopCover<span id='postcolor'>

a different tail? ummmm

a4_models.jpg

i dont see a difference here

and your right the 20mm had 200rnds. . . per gun

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Armament Two Mk12 20mm cannons with 200 rounds each, plus up to 8,200 lb including ASMs, AIM-9 Sidewinder AAMs, bombs, or fuel tanks <span id='postcolor'>

Source 1

Source 2

Boy! We have some picky ofper's here.

For your information the A4-F reference material that I worked from has two 20mm Mk12 cannons EACH with 200 rounds.. in my calculations that equates to 400 rounds total. As for the tail fin it is exactly as the plan from the same reference.

Updates on next release:

And to put the matter finally to rest. The afterburner was an experiment and was only on this addon for testing. This release, just in case you are interested, is a BETA! The next version does not have the a/b. The AI can accurately drop mk82s, and the sidewinders no longer go sideways. And the auto landing lowers the undercarriage. (was this on REAL A4s?) smile.gif

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

wink.gif  and the AN/ALQ-162 will be added too. . .

one question does anyone know how many flares teh A4 was equiped with? i cant seem to find that answer, im put in on 30. it sounds reasonable/realistic enough

Damn this is a great adoon ! This is now my favorite jet ever!! Don't listen to the people who are being picky, sure there is room for improvement as with ALL addons. But I think this is very great and I hope you guys don't take to heard what people have said.

I agree it's a damn fine addon, and I think the tail looks just fine (ya gotta be really picky to notice the very slight differences in the shape of the tail). All I care is that the thing looks like a typical A4 Skyhawk which it does as far as I can tell. It has great textures, nice weapon loads (even if the bomb load is a wee-bit unrealistic perhaps), decent handling, and is just a great all-around addon. The only thing I thought seriously needed improving was the AI bombing capability which I believe you said was improved....the only other minor quibble is just that it would be cool if the target box showed a diamond when the bomb release point was reached. But really it would be fine even without that as I've gotten pretty good at dive-bombing. smile.gif

Keep up the great work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

As I said it was a remark/observation, hardly harsh critisism.

The only reason I mention this is because i happen to like planes a lot and that the quality of this addon is near picture-perfect smile.gif

Another thing; the skyhawk is imho an exellent plane for the resistance side to. Re-skin and RE-re-release somebody?

L8R,

TopCover

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> target box showed a diamond when the bomb release point was reached.<span id='postcolor'>

Will be in the next fix. smile.gif

[Edit mode] Have now added the target box and tested OK (Translated: I actually destroyed a BMP smile.gif )[/end edit mode]

Col, as per usual, you rock! Nice plane, and kudos for your willingness to adjust the addon after putting up with everyone's criticism! A great plane to use with the 'Nam pack in my opinion.