Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

A-4 skyhawk rerelease

A-4's can carry a helluva load of bombs compared to its size! wow.gif

NF51.jpg

This picture is NOT altered in any way!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Feb. 04 2003,10:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A-4's can carry a helluva load of bombs compared to its size! wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ah...ok I guess the bomb load is realistic then... I just assumed it wasn't because someone else claimed it wasn't... my bad.

The more bombs the better!!!! smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Colonel_Klink @ Feb. 04 2003,06:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> target box showed a diamond when the bomb release point was reached.<span id='postcolor'>

Will be in the next fix. smile.gif

[Edit mode] Have now added the target box and tested OK (Translated: I actually destroyed a BMP smile.gif )[/end edit mode]<span id='postcolor'>

Awesome! You Da Man!!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 04 2003,08:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Feb. 04 2003,10wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A-4's can carry a helluva load of bombs compared to its size! wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ah...ok I guess the bomb load is realistic then... I just assumed it wasn't because someone else claimed it wasn't... my bad.  

The more bombs the better!!!!   smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

it is but it isnt. its "unrealistic" on that wing pylon that all. the external pylon cannot cary that much but the middle and centerline can so its realistic as far as numbers are concerned, but the layout is unrealistic

A-4's maximum allowed external stores loads:

Centerline: 3500lbs

Inboard underwing pylons:2200lbs

Outboard underwing pylons: 1000lbs

Mk81=250lbs ~125Kg

Mk82=500lbs ~250Kg

Mk83=1000lbs ~500Kg

Mk84=2000lbs ~1t

You do the maths, and dont forget the racks aren't weightless either! smile.gif

Ok the loadouts on the next version are as accurate as the inforamtion I have. Rest assured there will only be two bombs on the outer wing pylons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Colonel_Klink @ Feb. 05 2003,08:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok the loadouts on the next version are as accurate as the inforamtion I have. Rest assured there will only be two bombs on the outer wing pylons.<span id='postcolor'>

You mean 2 bombs on one outer wing pylon or did you mean both pylons total 2 bombs? 2x500lbs=1000lbs I don't think the outer wing pylons are qulified to mount racks. You see, 2 Mk82s would alone total 1000lbs, so if you add the rack you'd exceed the maximum allowed load limit. The outer wing pylon can carry either a single Mk82 or 83. Personally i'd prefer a mixture of bombs and rockets on the ground attack version. In other words, 12 Mk82s total + 38 FFARs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Colonel_Klink @ Feb. 05 2003,09:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why not add another ground attack version? Armed with the m82s and ffars? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

y not!! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Colonel_Klink @ Feb. 05 2003,09:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why not add another ground attack version? Armed with the m82s and ffars? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, why not? What about incorporating the Napalm bomb Jacobaby is working on?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it also goes really too fast. Faster than the tornado and/or f-15.<span id='postcolor'>

In this case, I feel you should side with playability over realism.  Most of the air addons top out at about 1000, with the mig-19 being the fastest, but the A4 with or w/out afterburner should still be slower.  I mean, a ground attack plane loaded with 3000lbs of ordnance should not be able to outrun a FA/18...

unless of course I'm grievously incorrect.

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rufusmac @ Feb. 06 2003,06:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it also goes really too fast. Faster than the tornado and/or f-15.<span id='postcolor'>

In this case, I feel you should side with playability over realism.  Most of the air addons top out at about 1000, with the mig-19 being the fastest, but the A4 with or w/out afterburner should still be slower.  I mean, a ground attack plane loaded with 3000lbs of ordnance should not be able to outrun a FA/18...

unless of course I'm grievously incorrect.

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

There is a Mig-19 addon?confused.gif Care to tell us where the URL for that is? Also wasn't someone working on a Mig-21 addon??? I remember seeing a version that looked almost finished. Whatever happened to it??? Anyone know?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Feb. 06 2003,16:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://neverland.homelinux.com/ofp-nam/bilder/mig216.jpg

http://neverland.homelinux.com/ofp-nam/bilder/mig214.jpg

http://neverland.homelinux.com/ofp-nam/bilder/mig212.jpg

you mean this one?

http://neverland.homelinux.com/ofp-nam/index.php<span id='postcolor'>

Ah that's the Mig-21...although I like his old desert textures better. I hope he releases it soon. But still no Mig-19. I have never seen pictures of a Mig-19 addon anywhere.

sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i know i havnt seen a mig 19 either i was just showing u the mig 21 shots u were talkin bout

I think its clear i meant mig-29, but typed the wrong number...

your sarcasm was much appreciated though biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rufusmac @ Feb. 09 2003,16:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think its clear i meant mig-29, but typed the wrong number...

your sarcasm was much appreciated though   biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you typed the wrong number? i thought u actuly ment u saw someone making a mig 19 (they were real)