Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

A-4 skyhawk rerelease

Longjocks: The landing gear doesn't work with auto pilot because the landing gear doesn't rely on the  built in gear actions. The reason I changed this was to overcame the delay between the user giving the action and the gear actually being raised or lowered. If the general consensus is for the autopilot to raise and lower gear I will do so in the next release. As for the gear being raised in the start view of a mission, I had to decide whould it be better to have the gear up when starting to fly or to have it already down when the plane was on the ground.. It was an experiment, so you guys be the judge smile.gif

Black_bird: As for mp mode.. its up to you guys who play mp to let me know exactly what the problem is.. I don't, never have.. and probably never will, play mp. That said I have no way of testing for mp so the feedback here will be useful.

Drain: </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another bug is that I can see the pilot through the engine exhaust. Phew he must be hot in that cockpit!<span id='postcolor'>. I presume you mean if you are looking down the exhaust towards the pilot smile.gif I will put a baffle there so this wont be a problem. Thanks.

CuteQA: Yes the cockpit is being redone. The biggest thing was to get some feedback on the project so far.

MK82s' accuracy: Looking into this at the moment. Remember that mk82s are free fall bombs and it is up to the pilot to plant them on the target.. I will however tweak this so the ai at leas t have a better chance of hitting something.. This was my first foray into bombs smile.gif. Also it has been pointed out that the bombs are slightly bigger than they should be.. But you guys are beta testing, and i am listening.

Sidewinder accuracy: Well the first release took a lot of skill and up close flying to hit the mark.. This too is an experiment.. so any hints, ideas would be appreciated.

Some Aim9-L info :

http://www.military.cz/usa...._en.htm

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The AIM-9L added a more powerful solid-propellant rocket motor as well as tracking maneuvering ability. An improved active optical fuze increased the missile's lethality and resistance to electronic countermeasures. A conical scan seeker increased seeker sensitivity and improved tracking stability. The L model was the first Sidewinder with the ability to attack from all angles, including head-on.<span id='postcolor'>

In all thanks u guys for the feedback. I have enjoyed re-doing the A4. There has been a lot of time spent on it so far, but there is always room for improvement. Suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Colonel KLink

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Colonel_Klink @ Feb. 01 2003,11:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MK82s' accuracy: Looking into this at the moment. Remember that mk82s are free fall bombs and it is up to the pilot to plant them on the target.. I will however tweak this so the ai at leas t have a better chance of hitting something.<span id='postcolor'>

That would be great - I'd really like to use this plane for airstrikes the players can call in, but at the moment it's just too inaccurate.

Love the aircraft, but are you absolutely SURE that the A4 had an afterburner fitted?

a statdard tactic for the A-4 in Vietnam was to start a run at about 20K and fly at a 10-15 degree down angle to 10K then drop right on top of the targets in a modified dive bombing run. try that for those who cant seem to get it to bomb. start at 400m and glide to 200m then run it down hard and release. if level bombing(havent noticed a problem they act like Mk82s) remember to release about 1100m from the target if in the 150m alt and 275kts speed area. bombing is more of going by feeling on OFP due to not having a CCIP on the HUD.

When I do bombing runs in OFP I normally select the target to be bombed, fly over it, and when I get a solid diamond, I release! 9 out of 10 times the bombs land close enough to take out the target. Same applies for strafing. That's enough CCIP for me smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (black__bird @ Feb. 01 2003,16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">try that for those who cant seem to get it to bomb.<span id='postcolor'>

The problem is not with players having problems to use it - but with the ai. If you want the ai to do the bombing run, without a player flying, then you've got a problem at the moment. But I'm sure that will be fixed. Can't wait to see that done.

the beep when the gear goes down sound is from a mig-29...

EDIT: "O i just found out what is happening the sounds from the mig-29 im working on are counter acting with the sound names klink gave in this cpp so i will give the sound names on the mig a special marking so they wont counter act when we release the mig"

Also i noticed that the missile immidiatly veers left or right when you fire it without locking on to anything. in the cfg weapons or ammo put "manualcontrol = false;" i have tried that before and figured out that is what caused the missle to turn like that.

Heh U have the same amount of posts as me kevbaz smile.gif

I was gonna say whay beep? as the skyhawk has a voice saing "gear up/down" hehe

best plane addon till now ive ever seen for ofp

great details!

I love the plane. The outside textures are really nice, and the model is awsome. But The cockpit needs work. The textures in the cockpit sucks, no offence. I would really appriceate if you could create some new textures in the cockpit in the next update. Thanks confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Love the aircraft, but are you absolutely SURE that the A4 had an afterburner fitted? <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> love the plane. The outside textures are really nice, and the model is awsome. But The cockpit needs work. The textures in the cockpit sucks, no offence...<span id='postcolor'>

These have been discussed on a previous post.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The afterburner effect was an experiment and as i was working on the a4 at the time decided that it would be a good way to get it trialled by this public beta. A final version will be released just before the Falkland's mod release. <span id='postcolor'>

For the sake of authenticity (if such a thing exists in ofp), the afterburner effect will be removed on the final release.

The cockpit is being completely remodelled in 3d and every effoert is being made to making it as functional as we are abel.

Hey!   This looks really awesome!!

Just a suggestion though:

Specify the OFP version required on your http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk/  page and the beginning of this thread...  

The only way I found out (without downloading it first) is to check http://www.dc3d.co.nz/skyhawk.htm  (Glad I saw that link of yours, Klink!wink.gif   wink.gif

Also, none of the news posts I saw mentioned what version is required either..  

Just thought it might help some of those out there who weren't able to get OFP 1.90 yet.  When I do get it, I will definately check this out cause it looks great!   biggrin.gif

Asmodeus

thought it was obvious with the amout of animations listed ect will do next time though wink.gif

I got a bug with the sidewinders whenever I fire it goes on my right the sidewinders are not going forward but they go straight to the right fix this

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got a bug with the sidewinders whenever I fire it goes on my right the sidewinders are not going forward but they go straight to the right fix this <span id='postcolor'>

Its being fixed. "Fix this please", sounds nice too smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Feb. 02 2003,01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got a bug with the sidewinders whenever I fire it goes on my right the sidewinders are not going forward but they go straight to the right fix this<span id='postcolor'>

please biggrin.gif

Is the effect of Jet Exhaust in a single script or remain in the

the texture?

If it is single,would you please make a single addon which can make the effect for all jets addon like the DKM Rotordownwash?

Can't wait their original author to release them~~!

THX A LOT!!

GOOD WORK makes Good luck

The afterburner effect is an integral part of the model. I don't know if it could be adapted as a separate addon. Worth considering though.

this plane is brill!!!

although

1) when u put it in automatic landing it would try and land the plane with the gears still up

2) with the FFAR could u make it so that the AI dont shoot way off target.. coz i was watching them in action i a got hit by one of the FFARs and i was quite far away! confused.gif

thouse are the probs i see not real biggy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Colonel_Klink @ Feb. 02 2003,03:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sidewinders sideways trick has been fixed.<span id='postcolor'>

Is it avaible for download now the fixed version confused.gif