Sign in to follow this  
OxPecker

Most wanted choppers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 26 2003,12:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cant be, gerbils have tails:

gerbil.jpg

hamsters have a tiny stubby thing:

hamster.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hmm...i was told by Blackdog that it was gerbil...oh well. wink.gif

one thing is sure , the poor animal is getting brutalised

NH 90

Mr. Duck said it before, but there's another link. NH 90 would make a good addon, because a lot of European countries are going to use it; same chopper, different camo schemes = can be used in many many missions.

No Drain,

You stick to your overpriced Euro crap, I get 2 for that price and FYI a LONG Ranger seats 8,

AND STILL COSTS LESS:D

Actually, the AS-350 Ecureuil (the one everyone is arguing about right?) is pretty popular in the US to my knowledge. I've seen a lot of police forces using one or two of these. Common helicopter in the movie business, too.

I think the Jetranger is a OK helicopter, and probably a must-have because of how common it is in North America. The Jetranger is a affordable helicopter for those agencies that can't afford some fancy twin engined helicopter like a Twin Huey or a Dauphin. If the setting of whatever you're doing is outside of the US, then some other helicopter would probably be a better call (light piston engine helicopters, etc.).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Jan. 24 2003,06:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">True, there is a Kiowa in game, but I was thinking the Warrior with the mounted gun.<span id='postcolor'>

Kegetys's Kiowa Warrior

I just love making people happy wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airwolf @ Jan. 26 2003,20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No civilian airport would be complete without this!

Robinson%20R22.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Ahh the good old R-22. I've flown one before, nippy little things, very responsive.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PHY_Hawkeye @ Jan. 26 2003,23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ahh the good old R-22. I've flown one before, nippy little things, very responsive.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't like the way the cyclic is built. Somehow using the seesaw-style t-bar which, by the way, is shared with the co-pilot, seems a bit awkward. Though it's meant to remove the uncomfortable stick between your knees (ehm... you know what I mean wink.gif)

Thats because it is a training helicopter. It's the same one I'm training in. smile.gif I also don't like the idea of having the cyclic coming out of the middle. But there isn't exactly that much room in the cockpit for two cyclic sticks. smile.gif

I'll stick to my classy helicopters. I'm speaking from experiance here too. Unlike yourself. I would rather ride and fly an AS-350 over a jetranger any day and I'm sure that you would to.

I have flowen both, and would take the as-350 anyday. Besides, I'm not paying the bill for the running costs!

Makes sense when you think about it. The instructor can correct any major mistakes you make allot easier with the t-bar cyclic.

I think it's a bit more uncomfortable because there isn't really anything to rest your arm. Still, needs must.

Hey does anyone want to join my mod and make a helicopter for us? We need a Bell Jetranger, preferably in these types:

-Civilian, White and Red colors

-Civilian, Blue and White colors

-Police, with camera and searchlight and gunner (gunner is not final)

-Gang/Mafia with gunner

Any model will do, as long as it's nice, say if you take it from FS2002 that's great.

Oh, you're LEARNING, I'm sorry, drive through please.

biggrin.gif

Yeah, I've got my private, doing commerical now. Unlike you who can't fly. Shame. Are you jealous or something?

67N series, completed WOC-D nov 1979, Total hours PIC 11,144

Answer that question bucky?

And I'll bet I can fly lower than you to boot, REMF

Ok, all chopper pilots bugger off, i don't think most of us non-chopper pilots care much for wich civilian chopper is superior. Besides, i'd much rather have a MI24/KA50/KA52 with retractable gears and differant loadouts than some pesky jetranger.

See, i argue like this:

Jetranger: "I am very cheap to buy, and cheap to maintain too, not to speak of..."

MI24: *Fires guns*

Jetranger: *Explodes*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DigitalCenturion @ Jan. 27 2003,09:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, all chopper pilots bugger off, i don't think most of us non-chopper pilots care much for wich civilian chopper is superior. Besides, i'd much rather have a MI24/KA50/KA52 with retractable gears and differant loadouts than  some pesky jetranger.

See, i argue like this:

Jetranger: "I am very cheap to buy, and cheap to maintain too, not to speak of..."

MI24: *Fires guns*

Jetranger: *Explodes*<span id='postcolor'>

This man is onto it,

BTW, did i mention I had 20,000 hours?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DRa1N @ Jan. 26 2003,22:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thats because it is a training helicopter. It's the same one I'm training in. smile.gif I also don't like the idea of having the cyclic coming out of the middle. But there isn't exactly that much room in the cockpit for two cyclic sticks. smile.gif

I'll stick to my classy helicopters. I'm speaking from experiance here too. Unlike yourself. I would rather ride and fly an AS-350 over a jetranger any day and I'm sure that you would to.

I have flowen both, and would take the as-350 anyday. Besides, I'm not paying the bill for the running costs!<span id='postcolor'>

isnt the AS-350 the helicopter that the CIA/FBI use? in black?

It's a pretty cool chopper

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RMATICH @ Jan. 27 2003,08:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would like to see those choppers that were used in the movie Flull Metal Jacket. Those hidious but powerful helicoptors. I'm suprised they were not in the SEB Nam pack 2. Here is what it looks like:

http://www.vietvet.org/images/vn/jim/h34.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Thats a Westland Wessex. The ACC used to fly them allot around here, but the squadron was transferred out of N.I. about 3 years ago. I think the type has been totally retired from British service. But allot of other countries still fly them t

How do u expect a 13yr old kid to get all this helicopter talk? Heck i don't think i can spell it right!