Sign in to follow this  
OxPecker

Most wanted choppers

As long as the helicopters keep coming, being top quality, REALISTIC models, more and greater improvements each release, I'll be happy. As an improvement to helicopters, I would like to see flexible rotor blades, instead of the plain flat state they attain while flying. Beside that, Id like to see main rotor blades having the ability to tilt in the direction that the pilot banks the aircraft. I believe this is done on the original chinook helicopter, but it was only scripted for forward and backward tilting. And to add, I would also like to see realistic startup, engine idle, and shutdown processes (for those of you who know helicopters well, you know what im talking about.) And to add again, hehe, Id like to see (hopefully officially made) more radio commands added (in all areas), and maybe inflight character movements within the helicopter (arm gestures/movements, head movements, collective movement, flight stick movement, etc.) Things such as these would really add to the realistic look of the model when being flown. Sure its not necessary, but it would look a hell of a lot cooler and realistic biggrin.gif . I hope this sparks some ideas within you modelers/scripters out there. Keep up the good work guys!

-BA

I believe the Northar crew is working on a CH-146 as part of their RCAF/CAF lineup.

I too would like to see a Kasatka.. preferrably one compatable with 1.46, if possible.

Black Angel covered all the realistic stuff; but I'd like to see some more unrealistic ones... like the 'hover' Gunship from Empire Earth, or maybe some prototypes not yet in service, if anyone knows of any (heh.)

But basically, I'll take whatever I can get, as long as it runs on my version of OpFlash. biggrin.gif

So since this topic is regenerated, any of you guys who posted pics of work in progress care to update us?

p.s. when I have the time, I will make a post listing every addon some author has teased us with, but never supplied (this may take hours  confused.gif )

Yep, a UH-1N would be great. I believe a couple are in the works.

Also looking forward to that AH-1W that BAS was working on.

And the Kiowa Warriors. Would be nice if a Nam era Kiowa was made as well. smile.gif

There is a Jetranger in the works.

Check out:

http://www.btinternet.com/~martins.addons/games.html

I'd like to see military, civvie and black (for FBI and other agencies) versions of the AS550 Fennec ingame

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/fennec.htm

I'd also like the Bell 412 (also known as the Griffon) and as many RAF choppers as possible.

I would like:

NH-90

AH-1W SuperCobra

KA-29 Helix (unarmed version)

KA-60 Kasatka

Mi-28 Havoc

MD900 Defender

and eh...

Orca from Command & Conquer biggrin.gif

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 26 2003,02wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, so many choppers mentioned here I am losing track what is made, in production, and not being made. If you know, please respond:

AH-64D Longbow

CH-146 Griffon

CH-3

CH-46

Choctaw

Cougar

EH-101 Merlin

Eurocopter

Gazelle

Jetranger

KA-60

Kiowa Warrior

Lynx

MI-2

MI-28 Havoc

NH-90

Pave Low

Puma

Seaking

Super Stallion

UH-34

(Sorry for any double ups and bad designations)<span id='postcolor'>

Gazelle (Falklands War Mod)

Sea King (Falklands War Mod)

seaking2.jpg

Lynx (Falklands War Mod)

SG5.jpg

Puma (Falklands War Mod)

Wessex (by Oberon3d)

Impressive pics there, Mr. Ash! Giving your Argentinian mod counterparts a run for their money. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

It's Col Klink and the rest of the team the credits go to biggrin.gif

Why am I not hearing everyone screaming for an MH60/L DAP (or AH60/L DAP) aka Dark Queen? It is the coolest chopper there is! smile.gif

5dap.jpg

I forgot something, add the AH-1Z to it, yes, the fourbladed cobra, it fit's with suchey's marines biggrin.gif

Don't know the other name of this chopper a Kingping would be cool the US chopper what was used in Vietnam wink.gif

You know what I mean if you watched the movie K-19 the US chopper that was taking pictures of the Russians wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (max @ Mar. 27 2003,21:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why am I not hearing everyone screaming for an MH60/L DAP (or AH60/L DAP) aka Dark Queen? It is the coolest chopper there is! smile.gif

5dap.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

isn't that chopper being made by BAS so pretty soon we'll have it just hold your horses cowboy yeee-haa

NH-90

Eurocopter Tiger

Mi-28

Mi-24 (with retracting gear and a fixed 23-mm cannon version)

AH-64D Longbow Apache

Blackhawk with Gecal .50 a.k.a GAU-19

All above with features such as Incoming missile warnings, IR jammers, possibly flares, GPS maps, and HUDs (don't know about Apache's IHADSS tho)

Mi-28 Havoc and a Ka-60 are what I would like smile.gif  

crazy.gif And there are already too many blackhawks out there...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Mar. 28 2003,20:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">NH-90

Eurocopter Tiger

Mi-28

Mi-24 (with retracting gear and a fixed 23-mm cannon version)

AH-64D Longbow Apache

Blackhawk with Gecal .50 a.k.a GAU-19

All above with features such as Incoming missile warnings, IR jammers, possibly flares, GPS maps, and HUDs (don't know about Apache's IHADSS tho)<span id='postcolor'>

Tiger eh? Forgot about that one.. tounge.gif

And if you want all those awesome features just get the RAH-66 by DKM-MODS  wink.gif

-iCe-

Since they made the AH-64D, and the Commanche (argh, my kingdom for a v1.46 Commanche!!!wink.gif I'd looooove to see a Hind-D, like the one Liquid Snake used in MGS1.

And, as far as the Griffon....

griff.jpgCurteousy of Operation Northstar. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (max @ Mar. 27 2003,21:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why am I not hearing everyone screaming for an MH60/L DAP (or AH60/L DAP) aka Dark Queen? It is the coolest chopper there is! smile.gif

5dap.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

I have a booklet about this chopper and they only refer to it as the "armed Blackhawk"...It's a Sikorsky publication that I got from the '97 Paris Airshow so I think it's probably safe to believe them  smile.gif

However this might be a different version I am talking about as it has a 23mm chin cannon (GIAT Industries).It can carry up to 16 Hellfires or 119 70mm FFARs or external fuel tanks or a combination of all...Sweeet... wow.gif  smile.gif

Woohoo! 200th post biggrin.gif Do I get a medal or a lollypop or both would be nice thanks.

Hi

Guys I have just been doing the model work on the airwolf helicopter for the airwolf mod team,I posted a picture of it on my site page.

martin.......My Webpage

Shashman there was an 'armed blackhawk' made by sikorsky called the s-67. It was designed as competition for the Lockheed AH-56 Cheyenne in the AAFSS (Advanced Aerial Fire Support System) competition in 1964. It was capable of transporting 15 soldiers with armament of its chin gun a 30mm cannon and various stores on its wings including up to 15 AIM-9 sidewinders. It was binned as a project when at the Farnborough airshow in England in september 1974, in front of many potential customers, while completing a roll the pilot started the manouevre too low and it crashed into the ground. Sikorsky then moved on to concentrate on the S-70 Blackhawk transport chopper we all know and love!

pics

Side view

head on

plan view

if anyone wants to model this i have more pics and details smile.gif

I would like

Sea King (RAF and SAR version)

Gazelle (RAF)

Lynx (British Army or Royal Navy for Royal Marines)

Super Puma (RAF of course!wink.gif

All with BAS quality features!

Ahh dream on.

EH-101 Merlin

eh7.jpg

eh2.jpg

NH-90 TTH

nh11.jpg

nh10.jpg

These great helicopters are going to be in wide spread use soon...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ April 23 2003,03:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gazelle (RAF)<span id='postcolor'>

I would much rather an Army Air Corp version, they get used a hell of a lot more...in fact...does the RAF even have Gazelles?

Guest jacobaby

Not sure, but this is what my pilot mate says;

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Re the WP smoke rockets, I can't specifically help you there as we didn't

use or observe such items. When I was on my exchange tour with the AAC,

however, we used to do Air Observation Post sorties with the artillery at

least once a year. I can vouch that a 105mm light gun WP shell produces a

plume about 15-20m wide and 10 m high depending on wind, with a still-air

duration in the rough order of 15-20 secs. Long enough to bring the

Gazelle up from the low hover, sight the shot, calculate the adjustment and

call for correction while shifting observation positions... all good fun.

<span id='postcolor'>

TJ