vilas

Vilas addons in A3 w.i.p.

Bloody good You're back to A3 🙂 Cheers mate!

Villas #narobocie 😲

Good luck mate, can't wait to see your modelling skills improved after all those years 😝

• Like 1

Welcome back, Vilas! This is great news, your work for previous Arma games has always been among my favorite.

Have been waiting for this day.

Glad to see you back! 🙂

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2k54w078o/ gallery on postimage

I am starting to port , but I have few questions :

- in previous engines weapon was in cfg_weapon, now i see weapons doubled in cfg_vehicles, i suppose it has to be done to make weapon be available as something that can be put on table in mission ?

so far i made :

- slots compatibility (changeable magazine proxy, changeable scope/sight, add bipod, add laser, added new type of sight, added new type of silencer (Rotex III) 

- first import will be weapons because they are quite-ready, few reskins (CTRG, police  - for my campaign that was realeased but with Arma3 vanilla content)

- i still have problems with custom sight configuration (inheritance works but when i change iteminfo parameters than scope cannot be used, simply like rifle has no sight)

Regardin weapons in CfgVehicles - yes, they are here exactly for the reason you said. In fact, it was possible to add editor-placeable guns already in OFP (by WeaponHolder class), but few addons made use of that.

Edit: since those are meant for LDF faction, it might be a funny easter egg to replace FB factory logo with Livonian Sila!

what you are referring to are the groundholders i do believe. 

On 2/15/2020 at 2:41 AM, vilas said:

- i still have problems with custom sight configuration (inheritance works but when i change iteminfo parameters than scope cannot be used, simply like rifle has no sight)

That can be tricky - had to play around with that myself when doing the VME PLA mod weapons.  Something that got me was you must add the proxy to the model as per the sample models, so the scope can be correctly placed. 

Each weapon / item will also have a cfgVehicles reference, which is what lets you drop the item on the ground and pick it up.  These "weapon holders" as has been pointed out are necessary for that function to work.  Otherwise you would drop it and it would disappear, or you could never pick it up off the ground.

The behavior I see is that you also need to configure a scoped weapon, so that you can have a non-scoped and scoped weapon available in the selections.  I admit that may have been my lack of weapon configs but it seems to work when for you make both versions, so you can swap them around.  Same for suppressors.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Each weapon / item will also have a cfgVehicles reference, which is what lets you drop the item on the ground and pick it up.  These "weapon holders" as has been pointed out are necessary for that function to work.  Otherwise you would drop it and it would disappear, or you could never pick it up off the ground.

To the best of my knowledge, you do not absolutely need a CfgVehicles reference for weapons. The community I play in has a bunch of custom guns and none of them have a CfgVehicles reference, and all can be dropped and picked back up without an issue. As far as I can tell, it's only needed for when you want them placeable in the editor as props.

Gordon is right on this. Heck, it's easy to test if you have weapon and optic from separate addonmakers, but both of them used CBA Joint Rails. You can equip optic from Mr A on gun by Mr B, and then easily drop it on the ground. Again - it's the same mechanic as in OFP, where game would create specific weaponHolder on the fly when gun was dropped (or you could even script it), but it was also possible to have weaponHolders as editor-placeable objects (but hardly anyone ever did it - I've seen it in two addons, one of which was mine :P ).

On 2/15/2020 at 10:41 AM, vilas said:

custom sight configuration (inheritance works but when i change iteminfo parameters than scope cannot be used

If you're still having problems with that, maybe you could post fragment of the config?

progress report so far: 

1) weapons imported to game/new models from 2017, 2018, 2019 (never released to A2) , measured dimensions from real weapons :

- AKMS  with PBS-1 attachment, AKM or AKMN can be added too, AKM for Pallad granadelauncher too,

- Beryl variant A (1997), B (2004), C (2007), black and in desert and woodland camouflages, 

- Mini Beryl A, B, C variants 

- GROT (MSBS) variants with stock and bullpup, with 3 different barrels (cqb, regular , marksman)

- civilian weapons (semi auto) AR15 , GROT-S (pink color, black, without full-auto)

- pistol VIS-100 (previusly PR15)

- Glock 17 gen 3, Glock 17 gen 4 , Glock 17 gen 4 MOS tactical (threaded barrel)

- P64, P83 pistols, 

- SAKO TRG22,

- SAKO TRG M10

- HK 416 both 10 and 14 barrel with 3 types of buttstocks (wide, narrow, magpul) black and in desert and woodland camouflages, 

- GROT 7.62N marksman rifle, 

2) items :

27 models so far , scopes and supressors/silencers and other:

IR pointer - DBAL in brown/fde and green colors (not just black like BIS made)

silencers Rotex III in 3 colors, PBS-1, 

supressor for .338 Lapua Magnum (ASE Ultra)

bipod for Beryl 

colimators EXPS, EOT 552, Aimpoint T2 on Daniel-Defence mount, CK1, CWL-1

scopes like NV scopes (PCO 5M, 6, Bazalt) FLIR scope PCS, 

sniper scopes like Hensolds ZF, Leupold , Nightforce, Schmidt-Bender on 2 types of mounts, 

3) subsonic amunition for weapons - to make balistic bullet-drop realistic not default A3 supersonic without sound , but with 310-320 m/s muzzle speed, 

4) uniforms for Livonia Police, CTRG(in my campaign as EU troops) uniforms in desert and grass camo,

so far yet not added grenade launcher, custom reticle, 

so far I noticed 2 problems :

1) pistol as vehicle - in ground, not visible, while rifle is as BIS half in ground (so it works in geometry) but not with pistol (pistols due to hand-anim are moved for 2.2 cm to one side)  

2) zeroing subsonic munition on reticles - weird 

https://postimg.cc/gallery/qptjgd7w/

• Like 7

2 hours ago, vilas said:

1) pistol as vehicle - in ground, not visible, while rifle is as BIS half in ground (so it works in geometry) but not with pistol (pistols due to hand-anim are moved for 2.2 cm to one side)  

The "vehicle" placeholder can use a different model, so that it doesn't sit in the ground like that.  I found that works well for gear items.

• Like 1

Looking good so far!

A Port from the PL-01 Tank would be awesome!

New weapons models look amazing 😍 Do you maybe in future porting Polish Army Mod from Arma2 to Arma3?

Do you plan to port the BVP M80 that you made for ArmA 2 SAF mod? I'd really like to see it in ArmA

Why don't we all just wait to see what the hell he's going to release before asking dipshit questions (which BTW is against forum rules)

• Like 3