Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Vote your best debating fellow poster in 2002!

2002 was a year of strong growth for the Flashpoint forums. An influx of new members early in the year, and the release of Resistance saw further growth. And this has contributed to the richness of discussion and debate here on the forums.

And so in the spirit of rewarding the contributions of our members, the moderators have decided to hold a vote for 'best of' in four categories.

While there are many, many people deserving of recognition, Ikonboard only allows 10 entries for each poll. And so after lengthy discussions, the top 10 members in each category were decided by the mods, and shall be voted on by the forum members.

This poll is for:

Best Debator: This category recognises the most active and effective debator. Members in this category have shown a great deal of knowledge and understanding on the issues at hand and participated extensively, while being respecteful to those who held different perspectives.

Why did we choose the above choices?

Bernadotte has excelled in debating in the Mid East thread combining sharp analysis with exhaustive research.

ran was nominated for being a crazy French guy

Tex[uSMC] always brings intelligent arguments to just about any discussion.

bn880 combines a high personal moral with a strong analytical mind that comes in handy in our forum political discussions.

While keeping a moderate profile, Tovarish always brings intelligent and valuable contributions in debates stemming from his various cultural experience.

SamSamson manages to present a clear, conservative point of view by avoiding his point to get obscured with fancy semantics.

Balschoiw has excelled in debates by combining an on-hands experience of the world and strong personal ethics.

Longinius is one of this boards most prominent debater with a long experience from the Mid East thread and just about any political discussion.

While Albert Schweizer certainly has very strong opinions on subject, he always keeps his head cool, making him an excellent debater.

Othin may look like a kid in sailor suit, but as a proud member of US Navy, he won't shy away from a good discussion and share his views.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 04 2003,02:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ran was nominated for being a crazy French guy<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif

naturally i vote for myself tounge.gif (might be the only vote i'll get so ... )

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 04 2003,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 04 2003,02wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ran was nominated for being a crazy French guy<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, we spent two hours figuring out why we wanted to nominate you. This is the conclusion that we came to wink.gif

lolol tounge.gif i'm nominated in a category at least heh

well, i had to vote for ran, not since i read his posts or any others, spend very little time at the forum. But ran sends me good mp3:s.. well atleast 50 % are good.. rest are crasy french songs.. but i don't hope he win, so come on, vote for like bn880.. he sounds nice to me wink.gif

I voted for BN880. smile.gif

Hopefully I will be in the poll next year, I'm probably not on the list since I came here in July. smile.gif

bn880 usually brings up some good points...

to counter mine -_-

lol

I voted for Balschoiw. I think I've shared his point of view in every debate both of us have participated in so far, but more importantly than that, he always backs up his opinions, and having experienced combat he knows what he's talking about.

Honestly though I think all the nominees here are a pleasure to have a discussion with smile.gif.

Longinius deserves more than that! I think he is a very smart person and we should be grateful for members that participate with more educated points of view. believe me it is rare on the internet! wink.gif

smile.gif I'm flattered to be nominated and get some votes, but to be honest about myself, I find Balschoiw to be the best debater from the list. His responses are very well articulated. (is that a word ? tounge.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Jan. 04 2003,05:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">His responses are very well articulated. (is that a word  ? tounge.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

I think so biggrin.gif

Awww, chucks, now I am all embarrased and stuff smile.gif

Anyway, I can't vote for just one guy on this forum, you are all great to discuss with. But I am very grateful to be nominated AND to even recieve a couple of votes.

Huh ? Surprise biggrin.gif

I voted for Tovarish. He has something that is missing more and more in life: Human thinking. He brought people back to topic with good arguments and in a civilized way.

I also will vote for bn800 as he shares some good opinions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Jan. 04 2003,18:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bleh<span id='postcolor'>

who pissed in your cereal?

Aw now cmon! So maybe I'm not a good debator, but I wasn't nominated for anything! tounge.gif lol damn Anti-Americans. Tex only got on by paying ronin off. Just kidding of course tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Awww, chucks, now I am all embarrased and stuff

<span id='postcolor'>

How cuuuuuute smile.gif

You aren't turning red are you? hehehe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bleh

<span id='postcolor'>

Trying to get your postcount up?

I voted for Albert, mature, intelligent, articulate, but also very funny smile.gif