I was also getting these sorts of errors:

0:57:40 Error in expression <& alive _x) then
{
_totalSuppression = (_totalSuppression + getSuppression _x);
>
 0:57:40   Error position: <_totalSuppression + getSuppression _x);
>
 0:57:40   Error Undefined variable in expression: _totalsuppression
 0:57:40 File Vcom\Functions\VCM_Functions\suppression\fn_GroupGetSuppression.sqf [VCM_fnc_GroupGetSuppression], line 22

but I edited fn_GroupGetSuppression.sqf with the following:

private _group = _this;
private _units = units _group;
private _rtrn = 0;
private _totalSuppression = 0;
private _unitsSuppression = 0; //added this

{
    if (!isNull _x && alive _x) then
    {
        _unitsSuppression = getSuppression _x; // added this
        _totalSuppression = _totalSuppression + _unitsSuppression; // was _totalSuppression = (_totalSuppression + getSuppression _x);
    };
} forEach _units;

//Set suppression to 0 if value is nil
if (isNil "_totalSuppression") then {_totalSuppression = 0};

_rtrn = _totalSuppression / ({!isNull _x && alive _x} count _units);

_rtrn

No longer seeing the errors - does that still achieve what was meant for this function?

Do you have a fix for grouphasradio.sqf ??

Are mines handled differently?

Recently we just had an AT mine go off when an infantry dude got near it. He didn't go over it, just near it.

On 4/14/2019 at 11:45 PM, DirtyDel said:

Do you have a fix for grouphasradio.sqf ??

Can you post what is in your log? I'll have a go at fixing it if i can

On 4/13/2019 at 11:00 PM, damsous said:

Hello i just dowload the latest version of Vcom (script version) in the past i was using this line to init Vcom :

[] execVM "Vcom\VcomInit.sqf";

Now i noticed a new sqf, VcomInitClient.sqf, so maybe its a stupid question but wich init need to be call in the init.sqf ?

The current version execute only through the description.ext

The version I am currently working on executes through the init.sqf again.

I'm currently having lots of fun with MCCs GAIA system... looks like I need to look into VCOM as well.

For already existing groups, GAIA does not take them as a default setting. I can set variables on groups for GAIA to take control over them. Can I have the same behaviour in VCOM? I mean to not have it control groups which it has not spawned by itself? I want to have GAIA and VCOM units on map, maybe even on the same SIDE.

GAIA automatically places groups and I want to prevent them to be controlled by VCOM at the same time. Vice versa, it's like every GAIA spawned group automatically should have "Vcm_Disable" set...

Hello,

I wanna say you ve done an amazing job with your mod! I follow your work since the start.

I have ideas and I was wondering if it can be theoretically implemented.

It s pure theory but, I always thought the AI lacked a lot in therm defense capabilities. I mean that they are not able to  effectively defend a sector or a position, they always run around in a stupid manner.

Is it possible to add some kind a waypoint that make the AI watch a certain position or make them take position to get a view on it?

I think it could be a way to implement a AI script that makes them able to defend a location like:

-Put a waypoint: Guard on a building to make them move inside or next to a structure (like a trench)

-Put a waypoint: Watch 

Thus the AI would put themself in position to guard the sector while taking then watch the sector in question (we could put something like  amarker if we want a wider area for them to stay in like multiple buildings.).

Also an other waypooint like a Fall back waypoint that would make the AI behave a certain way to fall back to a position. Wich could be a great add to your mod to make the AI a lot more dynamic.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:08 PM, tortuosit said:

I'm currently having lots of fun with MCCs GAIA system... looks like I need to look into VCOM as well.

For already existing groups, GAIA does not take them as a default setting. I can set variables on groups for GAIA to take control over them. Can I have the same behaviour in VCOM? I mean to not have it control groups which it has not spawned by itself? I want to have GAIA and VCOM units on map, maybe even on the same SIDE.

GAIA automatically places groups and I want to prevent them to be controlled by VCOM at the same time. Vice versa, it's like every GAIA spawned group automatically should have "Vcm_Disable" set...

You'd have to look into how GAIA spawns the groups in and just add a VCM_DISABLE (Or whatever it exactly is) to them, and just enable it for the groups you want. By default Vcom runs on every group

4 hours ago, marez12 said:

Hello,

I wanna say you ve done an amazing job with your mod! I follow your work since the start.

I have ideas and I was wondering if it can be theoretically implemented.

It s pure theory but, I always thought the AI lacked a lot in therm defense capabilities. I mean that they are not able to  effectively defend a sector or a position, they always run around in a stupid manner.

Is it possible to add some kind a waypoint that make the AI watch a certain position or make them take position to get a view on it?

I think it could be a way to implement a AI script that makes them able to defend a location like:

-Put a waypoint: Guard on a building to make them move inside or next to a structure (like a trench)

-Put a waypoint: Watch 

Thus the AI would put themself in position to guard the sector while taking then watch the sector in question (we could put something like  amarker if we want a wider area for them to stay in like multiple buildings.).

Also an other waypooint like a Fall back waypoint that would make the AI behave a certain way to fall back to a position. Wich could be a great add to your mod to make the AI a lot more dynamic.

Currently if you put the AI on a HOLD waypoint they will garrison the nearest structure

AI will randomly garrison structures during combat for a short time

A "watch" waypoint would be ideal, although it doesn't exist. Currently the AI will sometimes look for the highest ground in combat when trying to get vision on a position, but that's about it.

A few of the requests (fall back waypoints/garrison multiple buildings) are more mission specific items that fall to the mission designer to create. Vcom AI will aim to modify/compliment vanilla AI behavior and not 'completely' overhaul it.

• Like 2

Oh  I understand but well it s already an overhaul compared to the basic one imo. 

When you command there is an order to make a unit watch a location is this what you are talking about?