I've been getting reports from my guys that since the last release the AI seem much more accurate/deadly than they used to be.
Has anyone else experienced this?

22 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

VCOM and FFE are working great in my current ALiVE Insurgency test scenario. I've added it via script version, modified it for ALiVE support assets to be excluded, as well as recruited AI units. There is only one thing I wish for FFE, if possible some time: Adding an array that can include exclusion markers for specific locations, such as towns and cities. In a asymetric warfare scenario including civilians, the spotters don't call off artillery strikes, which results in many killed civilians - and a bad reputation. Very noticeable with a growing amount of suiciders in a ongoing mission.

Excluding locations would be amazing!

Edit: Or maybe receiving a confirmation request from the spotter in player group, so he won't call in any strike unless player confirms/allows it.. Something like that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JD Wang said:

I've been getting reports from my guys that since the last release the AI seem much more accurate/deadly than they used to be.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Still testing it, but they act way better than the last time I've tested it. But according to the changes I've seen on Git, there aren't that many changes since 3.1 release. But maybe the settings have changed for you guys, since the recent release uses a settings file named "AISettingsV4", while 3.1 uses "AISettingsV3". In case your group used a custom edited userconfig file before, it could be overridden to the new settings. Just a theory 😄

Hi all! i have a report about vehicle assigning AI behaviour. when area is clear, AI units uses vehicles flawless.  (it is perfectly visible at the start of any BeCTI mission, with VCOM activated - all units boards to all free vehicles and moves to nearest town on wheels, not by feet). but in other circumstances i've watched many times strange acting of AI vehicles on route. they unload/load passengers every few meters, even if vehicle doesn't taking fire at the moment. it happens a lot of times, and thus the advance of this unit to its destination is delaying greatly. i can't exactly describe the conditions when it happens. maybe it caused by setted combat mode for this group, maybe by known enemy presence near. has anyone seen anything like this?

I want to disable VCOM in particular units (so they stay garrisoned) and I use the code: setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true]; In the init line, but all I get is an error message saying Generic error in expression. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

@velzevul
That is unfortunately a vanilla issue that occurs from time to time. There isn't really anything that we can do as far as I know.

@piggypotpie

You're using the command wrong. it is supposed to be

<parameter> setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true];

where <parameter> is the unit group. So either you can use

this setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true];

in the init field of the group, where "this" refers to the group, or

(group this)setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true];

in a group members init field, where "this" refers to the unit and the "group" command returns the group of this(unit).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Freddo3000 said:

That is unfortunately a vanilla issue that occurs from time to time. There isn't really anything that we can do as far as I know.

thank you for answer. it is sad. maybe is it possible lock vehicle dynamically while it in route to prevent this unnessesary disembarks? it seems, there are only three cases when vehicle must be unlocked to let out passengers: 1. reaching destination; 2. taking fire; 3. getting damages that prevents further moving. of course, i'm not scripter at all. so, please, let me know if I'm talking complete bullshit. :)

21 hours ago, velzevul said:

thank you for answer. it is sad. maybe is it possible lock vehicle dynamically while it in route to prevent this unnessesary disembarks? it seems, there are only three cases when vehicle must be unlocked to let out passengers: 1. reaching destination; 2. taking fire; 3. getting damages that prevents further moving. of course, i'm not scripter at all. so, please, let me know if I'm talking complete bullshit. :)

That was one of the first things we tried, but the AI simply ignores it much like when they eject when their vehicles are about to blow up.

Looks like you are using doFollow command?

This is the only command i've noticed this getout/getin A.I. behaviour while in vehicles as well.

ARMA 3 A.I. is very seriouse when i comes to keep up proper formation especially if behaviour "COMBAT" is used.

Sometimes... Somehow... A.I. mess up formation which leads to A.I. not moving properly.

Only way to avoid this is by using doFollow command.

For example:

1 A.I. unit of a A.I. group is gunner of a static turret.

The A.I. group use behaviour "COMBAT" after getting attacked.

The A.I. group will not be able to move because 1 unit of the A.I. group is in the static turret.

In this case the A.I. group is waiting for the unit in the static turret to get back to formation which of course never will happend because he is gunner of the static turret.

If behaviour "AWARE" is used the A.I. group ignores its formation and keep moving to where it was ordered.

Well... I'm using it combined with the move command.

I've noticed using doFollow directly after the move command works properly. No getout/getin A.I. behaviour.

Having any kind of delay between them even 0.1 seconds leads to the getout/getin problem.

Maybe this helps.

• Like 3

On 2/12/2019 at 4:33 PM, velzevul said:

Hi all! i have a report about vehicle assigning AI behaviour. when area is clear, AI units uses vehicles flawless.  (it is perfectly visible at the start of any BeCTI mission, with VCOM activated - all units boards to all free vehicles and moves to nearest town on wheels, not by feet). but in other circumstances i've watched many times strange acting of AI vehicles on route. they unload/load passengers every few meters, even if vehicle doesn't taking fire at the moment. it happens a lot of times, and thus the advance of this unit to its destination is delaying greatly. i can't exactly describe the conditions when it happens. maybe it caused by setted combat mode for this group, maybe by known enemy presence near. has anyone seen anything like this?

use the CBA_A3 mod, I had issues with vanilla Arma3 "moveindriver", "moveinAny" command assigning all the group to a vehicle after i moved 1 unit into driver, had some wierd veh movement and units gettting out of one veh and into another.

think CBA fixes it, had RHS loaded also.

"test for wired shit"

make a test mission in editor with 4 grouped men named a,s,d,f

and a vehicle named h.

copy paste the below code into the Debug console and Exec a few times, not just once

s assignAsDriver h; 
 [s] orderGetIn true; 
 [s] allowGetIn true; 
 s moveInDriver h;
player sidechat format["%1  %2  %3  %4", (assignedVehicle a),(assignedVehicle s),(assignedVehicle d),(assignedVehicle f)];

fix for vanilla Arma3

_driverUnit = _group createUnit [_x, _pos, [], _rad, _spec];
_tempgroup = createGroup _side;
[_driverUnit] joinSilent _tempgroup;

_driverUnit assignAsDriver _vehicle;
[_driverUnit] orderGetIn true;
[_driverUnit] allowGetIn true;
_driverUnit moveInDriver _vehicle;

[_driverUnit] joinSilent _group;

don't forget.......deleteGroup _tempgroup;

Edited by squeeze
read after 1 hour

So I've been playing with v3.2.1 (script) and I enabled filepatching, even though I've been led to believe that could promote hacking and stealing.  I'm getting:

Warning Message: Script \userconfig\VCOM_AI\AISettingsV4.hpp not found

in my server.rpt although the file DOES exist in the path specified.

On 2/12/2019 at 4:46 PM, Freddo3000 said:

in the init field of the group, where "this" refers to the group, or

(group this)setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true];

Hello, I have problems using Vcom with Alive. Even putting [(group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable", true]; in the init of the air support pilot or init of the commanding unit of the artillery, they are still affected by the Vcom.

@Djavu

Not sure if this is actually what you are using 

[(group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable", true];

but it will not work and should throw an error

it should be this 

(group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable", true];

5 hours ago, nomadd said:

@Djavu

Not sure if this is actually what you are using 

[(group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable", true];

but it will not work and should throw an error

it should be this 

(group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable", true];

Sorry, my mistake. Yes, use it anyway (group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable", true]. The support units of the alive, I put manually in the editor, just to put the command Vcom in the pilot's init, but it does not work. Well, on the other hand, could Alive be generating waipoints for the drive? I'll investigate. Thanks for the quick response.

I use the script version of VCOM in my missions. I use " (group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable", true];"  on mission specific units or units I spawn/place in certain locations. I have not encountered any problems with those units being taken over by VCOM. 

I haven't done a test of non VCOM "danger" behavior since many alive versions ago (well over a year) as I tend to place off map, remove fuel etc. , but back then they could still move if enemies were nearby/fired upon them.

When I left VCOM active, if it took over they'd act much more aggressively, 2S3s hunting down infantry etc.

Maybe it's not Vcom. I placed my base well away from the position where Alive generates the units, and when I requested the delivery of a group of allied units using logistics, when they were near the support units (CAS, Transport and Artillery), they simply left the their positions, they gained waypoints for the position of the reinforcement group.

Just to clarify, with default setting VCOM_AI doesn't run on civilians correct? 
Does VCOM_AI Driving? 

VCOM driving really needs to though, them civs are the worst drivers 😂

True that @JD Wang.
I thought I was going to win a game solo Escape Mission last night. Ended up being run over by a civilian. He went out of his way and swerved to run me over.

20190224002409_1.jpg

The vanilla AI are ridiculous when it comes to driving !  They do actually swerve TOWARDS you!

The function that causes AI to pick up ammo from bodies, will they pick up weapons if unarmed?
The 3CB factions pack has OPFOR/BLUFOR flavoured civilians (so basically plain clothes and unarmed units) it would be cool if you could shoot a bad guy and have one of these OPFOR "civilians" run over and dynamically pick up the fallen units weapon/ammo 

• Like 2