Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, scpl said:

maybe this issue was recently introduced with the latest version of the game?

 

thanks for the note!

bis_fncgetarea was updated, will see what needs to be changed to make it work:)

 

//Added: BIS_fnc_getArea now supports format [center, a, b, angle, rect, (height)]//

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Vandeanson this looks awesome for the mission I'm working on.

Just a quick question about adding TFAR radios. I'd like AI to occasionally be carrying one of the radio "items" 
Which array would I add those classnames to?

Thanks for all the work you've put into this, it really is amazing!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JD Wang said:

Hey @Vandeanson this looks awesome for the mission I'm working on.

Just a quick question about adding TFAR radios. I'd like AI to occasionally be carrying one of the radio "items" 
Which array would I add those classnames to?

Thanks for all the work you've put into this, it really is amazing!!! 

Hi JD,

 

Thanks;)

 

It is a simple item right?

in VD Settings you will find a section where you can adjust the AI s gear, including chances for stuff to be equipped and one line where you can add custom items to the inventory combined with a chance for the item to spawn.

so enter your classname in there and adjust the spawn chance. i believe the line is called "vd_customitems".

it is possible this is only available in version 2.31 beta, that i posted in the comments here, not sure

 

note that there is a problem with the blacklisting of areas due to the recent patch. (to avoid that sites spawn far out in empty map areas, e.g. in chernarus. this is not an issue on island maps)

remove the marker names from all spawners as a workaround. i ll publish v2.31 with a fix asap.

 

cheers 

vd

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

On 12/3/2018 at 6:31 PM, johnnyboy said:

Is this using your camp spawn scripts? 

 

I fast forwarded this vid and saw it took 20 minutes before they made contact.  They seem like a cohesive coop team that was enjoying it, but I personally don't have the patience for 20 minutes of hiking before something happens.

no i think not, atleast not to my knowledge.

haha yeah it is sort of an uncut dayz sa playstyle indeed :))

i love that longplay gameplay tho, as long as there is a chance of something happening on the way (hence my scripts)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

in VD Settings you will find a section where you can adjust the AI s gear, including chances for stuff to be equipped and one line where you can add custom items to the inventory combined with a chance for the item to spawn.

so enter your classname in there and adjust the spawn chance. i believe the line is called "vd_customitems".

it is possible this is only available in version 2.31 beta, that i posted in the comments here, not sure


Must be in the 2.31 beta, I can't find it in the version I have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JD Wang

 

OK then better wait one or two days for me to push 2.31 to "live". crossing fingers that I can do it tonight XD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could get to it yday sorry:(

but the weekend is close;))

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Vandeanson, 
I was lurking the forums and found your scripts that enhance the Ravage mod atmosphere , and was surprised that there are no zombs related "missions" .  Bandit camps, crash site...are cool, but its missing something related to zombs.  Is there something that holding you back from scripting events related to zombs?
What I had in mind:  "Capture point" with zombie hordes waves , or "Clear that area" where the player must clear some location or city...  can brainstorm more ideas, but you know better what are the actual limitations when creating something like that. What do you say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hoihoi @chernaruski

 

in general i do have a mission generator feature in mind that does spawn various tasks, including cleaning a town from Z hordes and such.

 

other planned features including zombies are:

 

- if players are idle at a place, e.g. spend long time looting a town, this may trigger a horde to close in on the place, or various single Z spawn that dripple into the town and if the player doesnt realize, he might quickly be cornered

 

- sites (campsites, vehicle caravans,..) with possible loot that are overrun by Z and players need to decide if its worth the risk and ammo to clear the place, or maybe try to grab and run stuff instead

 

- connected to a basebuilding feature, chance of Z hordes attacking your base randomly

 

- an infection script (Z damages you, you take damage over time and have disturbing Side effects and stamina loss until you die or take a cure) i am about to finalize, that makes it punishing to get hit by Z and creates the need to scavenge for medication

 

usually i always find a way to implement a feature, its usually nothing fancy and basic but it does the job.

currently the only real issue is me finding time to sit down and dig into a feature XD

 

i am very open for ideas of course.

 

cheers

vd

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VDSSP v2.31:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V6mysMzbsqwDUm3Ku9SvJRDgHHzQ3MSY

 

fixed: 

- general clean up

- land and coast area blacklist markers updated and can be configured under VD_Settings. Since the last arma update, an error pops up if more markers are named than are placed on the map. hence leave empty if you need no blacklisted areas for shipwrecks or land site spawns, else name only the marker areas that you have actually placed on the map

- JBDOGs feraldog packs aggroing range can now be adjusted under VD_Settings

- IED debug Marker disabled by default (BC and HO) 

- some code cleanup

- stuff i've already forgotten, sorry ;)

 

removed:

- VD adaptation of edn basebuilding: removed as i am working on an alternative

 

new:

- dynamic boat spawner

- dynamic heli  spawner

- dynamic plane spawner (needs markers on airfields)

- Zombie infection script including chance for any AI to drop cure injectors (addaction available once infected). in short: Z hits you, you get infected, you take damage over time all 60s, you lose stamina latest all 60 secs, frequency is increased by 5% every tick. additional disturbing effects such as shaking, stamina loss, wounded sounds occur randomly. text also indicates that something is wrong with you. if you take an injection the effect gets removed.

 

- detailed AI  (only affects VDSSP spawned AI) and player loadout manager for your customization under VD_Settings.sqf. Option to allow players to initially spawn and respawn with a random (according to your settings) loadout

 

I do appreciate all your feedback on the script, it always helps me.

Unfortunately i could not do as much lately as i wanted to, hopefully that will change soonish;)

 

Please let me know what you like and dont like about the infection script in particular and let me know if you have ideas for the infection effects that would make it cooler, more immersive or more annoying (so its punishing to get hit by Z).

 

cheers

vd

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Please let me know what you like and dont like about the infection script in particular and let me know if you have ideas for the infection effects that would make it cooler, more immersive or more annoying (so its punishing to get hit by Z)

Well it may not work for your scripts as they try to be universal and as widely usable as possible (I think it's a mod maker's job to further enhance infection).
I myself plan to make infection in a movie-like style: You got hit - you're slowly  turning into a zombie, a separate playable class. At first via add of temporary post-process red blurry visual effects. And eventually ending with a character's death and transformation(replacement) into a playable zombie.
It is pretty doable and won't be too hard to add to BreakingPoint mod which already features a zombie class (will get my hands on it later), but I'd welcome described post-proccess effects added to your infection script!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hoihoi @Malcain

 

I was considering adding this effect, but (without digging too deep to be honest) didnt figure out where it comes from. 

It is not off the list however, I assume you mean the effect also used when ravage Z hit you?

 

cheers

vd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking more of a simplistic way of turning you to zombie. For example. If you get infected and you die ,  your body will turn into a walking dead with all your gear on (or not).  So your teammates will have to kill your "resurrected" body or you will have to find the Z to retrieve your gear.

Unfortunately, I can't test properly infection script right now, since I'm running exilemod+ravage combination. First need to figure out how to integrate it in to exile's damage handling , since it have its own system. + MP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

hoihoi @Malcain

 

I was considering adding this effect, but (without digging too deep to be honest) didnt figure out where it comes from. 

It is not off the list however, I assume you mean the effect also used when ravage Z hit you?

 

cheers

vd

I was referring to two BP effects when playing as zed(red filter+distance blur) and when you're at a very low health as a player(heavy blur+heartbeat sound):

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Vandeanson

 

I have some questions if possible:

- I don't find the ied.sqf in VDSSP v2.31. Is the sqf not needed anymore ?

- So with your next building script, do we have to keep EDN Fortification mod ?

- I see some EDN in VD_Arrays.sqf and in VD_Functions.sqf : VD_EDN_MatArray and VD_EDN_BPMover. Is this still needed ?

- I see you disabled VD_LootboxSpawner.sqf in mission start. What was your goal for having a lootbox in mission start ? Because for me I don't see what I can do with it, if you can tell me your way to play.

- Also their is two VD_LootboxSpawner.sqf, one in main mission folder, one in VD_Script_Pack. Is the second one related with the upcoming building script ?

- Why did you disable the Random Player Equipment for this version? Just for curiosity

- Last, I still don't understand what's the difference and why you use this in VD_Arrays

Spoiler

VD_EquipmentVestsVanilla = ["V_Rangemaster_belt","V_BandollierB_khk","V_BandollierB_cbr","V_BandollierB_rgr","V_BandollierB_blk","V_BandollierB_oli","V_PlateCarrier1_rgr","V_PlateCarrier2_rgr","V_PlateCarrier2_blk","V_PlateCarrierGL_rgr","V_PlateCarrierGL_blk","V_PlateCarrierGL_mtp","V_PlateCarrier1_blk","V_PlateCarrierSpec_rgr","V_PlateCarrierSpec_blk","V_PlateCarrierSpec_mtp","V_Chestrig_khk","V_Chestrig_rgr","V_Chestrig_blk","V_Chestrig_oli","V_TacVest_khk","V_TacVest_brn","V_TacVest_oli","V_TacVest_blk","V_TacVest_camo","V_TacVest_blk_POLICE","V_TacVestIR_blk","V_HarnessO_brn","V_HarnessOGL_brn","V_HarnessO_gry","V_HarnessOGL_gry","V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl","V_PlateCarrierIA2_dgtl","V_PlateCarrierIAGL_dgtl","V_PlateCarrierIAGL_oli","V_RebreatherB","V_RebreatherIR","V_RebreatherIA","V_PlateCarrier_Kerry","V_PlateCarrierL_CTRG","V_PlateCarrierH_CTRG","V_I_G_resistanceLeader_F","V_Press_F","V_TacChestrig_grn_F","V_TacChestrig_oli_F","V_TacChestrig_cbr_F","V_PlateCarrier1_tna_F","V_PlateCarrier2_tna_F","V_PlateCarrierSpec_tna_F","V_PlateCarrierGL_tna_F","V_HarnessO_ghex_F","V_HarnessOGL_ghex_F","V_BandollierB_ghex_F","V_TacVest_gen_F","V_PlateCarrier1_rgr_noflag_F","V_PlateCarrier2_rgr_noflag_F","V_DeckCrew_yellow_F","V_DeckCrew_blue_F","V_DeckCrew_green_F","V_DeckCrew_red_F","V_DeckCrew_white_F","V_DeckCrew_brown_F","V_DeckCrew_violet_F","V_Plain_medical_F","V_Plain_crystal_F","V_Pocketed_olive_F","V_Pocketed_coyote_F","V_Pocketed_black_F","V_Safety_yellow_F","V_Safety_orange_F","V_Safety_blue_F","V_LegStrapBag_black_F","V_LegStrapBag_coyote_F","V_LegStrapBag_olive_F"];

instead of this

Spoiler

//VD_EquipmentVestsVanilla = ("getnumber (_x >> 'itemInfo' >> 'type') isEqualTo 701 && getNumber (_x >> 'scope') >1 && getText (_x >> 'Author') == 'Bohemia Interactive'" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgWeapons")) apply {configName _x};

 

Thank you verry much for your work and all your scripts.

I didn't test your new infection script, I don't have to much time to play sorry. But I will !! Hope soon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MisterOth said:

ied.sqf

hiho!

 

jep, it is not needed as it is built into the BC and HO spawners.

 

20 hours ago, MisterOth said:

- So with your next building script, do we have to keep EDN Fortification mod ?

- I see some EDN in VD_Arrays.sqf and in VD_Functions.sqf : VD_EDN_MatArray and VD_EDN_BPMover. Is this still needed ?

nope, i have removed the edn scripts, but indeed i have not removed the functions and arrays yet. they are however no longer in use.

the mod is no longer needed.

 

20 hours ago, MisterOth said:

- I see you disabled VD_LootboxSpawner.sqf in mission start. What was your goal for having a lootbox in mission start ? Because for me I don't see what I can do with it, if you can tell me your way to play.

yeah its intended to be your indestructible lootbox that you can drag around or load into vehicle and put into your hideout next to your respawn tent for example. basically you can gather loot there (mags, fuel, extra gear...)

20 hours ago, MisterOth said:

Also their is two VD_LootboxSpawner.sqf, one in main mission folder, one in VD_Script_Pack. Is the second one related with the upcoming building script ?

 

the lootbox, in my idea will have 2 more purposes: 1: rewards from tasks will be "sent" stored there. 2: it serves as your hub for basebuilding. but currently its just a movable lootbox, so i figured i disable it by default.

 

the arrays:

this is just two different methods of excluding vanilla arma 3 vests from my vest loottable.

one version uses code to grab information from the configfiles (it searches for vests with a type number (701) and that also have the "author" "bohemia interactive".

the second uwes an array i manually entered, so basically i manually entered all arma vanilla vests. it has two versions because i only learned about the automated version later. at some point i will clean this up.

does that make sense to you?

 

for some itemtypes, or mods, i realized that the automated version does not work properly, hence sometime i use the manual version, as i was able to get the better result (e.g. all unwanted items of a type where removed from the loottable)

 

let me know if you want to know more;)

 

cheers

vd

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lv1234

 

it seems that u will have to replace all files sorry:(

vd arrays, vd init, the content of init.sqf, vd_functions, vd_settings, vd_compositions are essential for the spawners.

 

if nothing shows up, something is not called properly and then its likely that not all files have been copied over.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

@lv1234

 

it seems that u will have to replace all files sorry:(

vd arrays, vd init, the content of init.sqf, vd_functions, vd_settings, vd_compositions are essential for the spawners.

 

if nothing shows up, something is not called properly and then its likely that not all files have been copied over.

 

Woops must have posted in the wrong thread

 

I did replace all the "broken" script files with your new and improved one released. Unfortunately, the problem still isn't fixed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lv1234

 

if you can, create a new test mission and add all files from the DL to the mission folder. if it does work, then you have missed some files in your version. if that then its likely that there is an overlook somewhere, carefully review if all files are correctly replaced.

if that test version does not work, my uploaded Version is broken and i will need to check. although i have tested that prior upload.

i would test it myself but i cant say if i get to my PC today:)

 

cheers 

vd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

@lv1234

 

if you can, create a new test mission and add all files from the DL to the mission folder. if it does work, then you have missed some files in your version. if that then its likely that there is an overlook somewhere, carefully review if all files are correctly replaced.

if that test version does not work, my uploaded Version is broken and i will need to check. although i have tested that prior upload.

i would test it myself but i cant say if i get to my PC today:)

 

cheers 

vd

Just tested your whole scripts (excluding jboy dog) on a test mission with very reduced mods. Still the same thing 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Just tested your whole scripts (excluding jboy dog) on a test mission with very reduced mods. Still the same thing 

 

In all honesty if you have server issues with scripts, first and foremost you have to test in vanilla arma.  Mods do strange things to vanilla code. Especially if you have mods that may change ai behaviors.

 

Secondly I would just delete all old code and download most recent version.

 

If you have done both ( no mods and updated code ) and still have issues then it's probably appropriate to post here.  It's really hard to replicate your issues when you have some mods and possible server configs different then default.

 

Just consider.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2018 at 7:25 AM, Vandeanson said:

bis_fncgetarea was updated, will see what needs to be changed to make it work:)

 

//Added: BIS_fnc_getArea now supports format [center, a, b, angle, rect, (height)]//

 

I just noticed the same ! did you came up with a solution ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×