Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Bofors AA coming along quite nicely:

bofors1.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How are things coming along for the Lynx?<span id='postcolor'>

Lynx is nearly completed

We have twin and four barrelled bofors for the mod as well. The Brits used them on their ships, the argies used the towable versions

wow.gif  Bofors looks nice. Is the ammunition going to be animated? i.e it disappears as you fire

On another note, any idea when the progress report on your website will be updated next?

I have been a bit busy..

We have both a Mk 9 Landing Craft Utility (LCU) and HMS Fearless

It is interesting to think that the Landing Craft used during the Falklands War, which is now over 20 years aho are still in service, admittedly refitted a few times.

HMS Fearless is no longer with the Royal Navy and the last I knew she was tied up at Portsmouth decommisioned awaiting an uncertain future, HMS Intrepid will likely be scrapped due to her poor condition.

AmpPic02.jpg

AmpPic03.jpg

Will the LCU be locked in so it doesnt clip through the back door?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CBFASI @ April 24 2003,01:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is interesting to think that the Landing Craft used during the Falklands War, which is now over 20 years aho are still in service<span id='postcolor'>

Clansman radios were also used then and are still in use  mad.gif stupid things...all analog-y and old fashioned confused.gif No wonder there's blue on blue incidents... mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ April 24 2003,13:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CBFASI @ April 24 2003,01:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is interesting to think that the Landing Craft used during the Falklands War, which is now over 20 years aho are still in service<span id='postcolor'>

Clansman radios were also used then and are still in use  mad.gif stupid things...all analog-y and old fashioned confused.gif No wonder there's blue on blue incidents... mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

no not the radios, just because the US pilots aint trained in identifying allied armoured and soft skin vehicles.

Don't! Don't!

You love it too much!!!! biggrin.gif

you've probably been askd this a 1000 times, but hows the carrier coming on, and will there be a beta?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (thirtyg @ 19 May 2003,05:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They released a beta about a month ago

See this thread<span id='postcolor'>

Heh, looks like someone needs his reading glasses, he said carrier, not harrier.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ 19 May 2003,06:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (thirtyg @ 19 May 2003,05:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They released a beta about a month ago

See this thread<span id='postcolor'>

Heh, looks like someone needs his reading glasses, he said carrier, not harrier.<span id='postcolor'>

Indeed, I got quite excited there for a sec! tounge.gif

I somehow think you haev had most of our beta releases so far...

However....

Well heres another piccy to wet your appetites..

The Model is mine, the basic textures are mine but....

The basic textures have been weathered by 'Pug', one of the very quiet members of the Falklands team.

BalFer01.jpg

As you may see I have not managed to place the textures on the ship perfectly but it certainly gives an idea of just what we are heading for with all the ships.

Well no 1 was saying it so: i am the island maker now for the falklands and i am doing great job right? but ash i need to talk with you because i got many things done and mabey we can show pictures of that stuff to biggrin_o.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

yeah, you FLK peopel are great at your work and i cant wait for your release...

crazy_o.gif

Waffendennis is indeed helping with the island work, taking on the texture and object placements, leaving me more time to work on the Naval side of things.

When started most in the mod didnt have a clue that they would be as involved as they are now, me for one.

We cant wait for the release either, but we also don't wish to release the mod in a sub-standard form. Afterall we don't want to have wasted all this time we have spent working on it

New updates:

And before anyone says 'But there are already 2 other Gazelle's being made, why bother?', we planned on making the Gazelle for the mod from day one..! wink_o.gif

gazeller_s.jpg

gazelle4_s.jpg

gazellecockpit_s.jpg

gazelle3_s.jpg

Argentine Ch47

Arch471_s.jpg

British CH-47 'Bravo November'

BNch471_s.jpg