Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Heres a nice shot of the NEW Skyhawk flying over the NEW version of the Carrier.

I have rebuilt the carrier completely adding much more detail, and have also re-done the textures.

Yes you can take off but landing is not so easy, try finding that small deck...

It doesn't move, but the full flight deck is operational.

InvincibleMk3.jpg

that makes 600 of us tounge.gif

Nice one.

ETA ?

ITS JAMESIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

The harrier model has been completly redone and looking better than ever

harrier%20new.jpg

@jamesia (spelt it right this time) im sorry if you got mad. dont take it personally. i cannnnot spelllle biggrin.gif

and the new harrier will look alot better when its skinned.

i liked the old one too though biggrin.gif

grrr

hey ash, can that harrier stop and land vertically and stuff like that? can the ofp engine do that?

jam, have you not read anything in this thread? did you not download the vid? if not do it wink.gif

I did download the vid, but my realplayer messed up.... well it didn't. I managed to drag a picture into it and it just showed me that picture in realplayer  sad.gif so i didnt do it again. I will do now though

EDIT

wow. very nice.

Well heres 2 new piccies of the next carrier, its not finished by a long way but its already under testing (mainly ensuring textures look right, and the flight deck has no holes).

The Flight Deck textures are almost complete, but the Island and Hull require much more work, also the 3d model is not even finished, although the main structure work is now done

Hermes3.jpg

Hermes2.jpg

Before you ask... These carriers will ONLY be released when the project is complete..

Wow cool that looks sweet. Well done Cant wait till this mods completed. Does the lynx have any weapons or are they gonna be made for just transport or somthing?

Great work

Are you going to have versions of the helicopters with the blades stowed to conserve deck space? Maybe just static models?

or you could do the blades with custom animations.

that would be cool.

and is the hms hermes the carrier they had in the falklands?

and i would like to know what percent of the mod is done.

like 50% completed or what. biggrin.gif

Yes the carrier was in the falklands why else would we make it? We had 2 carriers down there HMS HERMES and HMS INVINCIBLE

As for the stowed blades, im not sure to be honest

and finally the % done is somwhere between 0% and 100% biggrin.gif

ok nice work Falklands MOD!!!

and i am curious... the Carrier for say the automatic landing.. will there be an action for the carrier or will u need to land manualy OR will u change the Auto Landing so it lands at the closest carrier or airport??? hmmmm

At the moment all landings have to be done manually.

As far as I know the area where 'automatic' landings are set up is related to the maps/terrains. Thios from what I understand is not alterable while the game is running which is what is required to get it to work with the carriers.

Sorry but it seems its beyond the Ofp Engine limits to haev automatic carrier landings.

If anyone knows different please let me know.

how are u planning in getting the AI to take off from the carrier?? coz that is gonna be a big problem.. coz u cant just have the player take off, it wont feel right..

I'm sure you can do it, and well i probably couldn't land on the carrier with a hornet, and well my joy-stick is like to sensative its that satiek thing, it turns way to easily!