Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CBFASI @ Feb. 09 2003,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At the moment all landings have to be done manually.

As far as I know the area where 'automatic' landings are set up is related to the maps/terrains.  Thios from what I understand is not alterable while the game is running which is what is required to get it to work with the carriers.

Sorry but it seems its beyond the Ofp Engine limits to haev automatic carrier landings.

If anyone knows different please let me know.<span id='postcolor'>

I say that if you're going to let someone fly Harriers or helos off your carrier, by God you'd better let them do it right and proper!

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I say that if you're going to let someone fly Harriers or helos off your carrier, by God you'd better let them do it right and proper!

<span id='postcolor'>

And if they damn well don't, the Klinkster's not making any more harriers or helos. smile.gif

helo's will be ok... like the only thing that will happen is that they will fall off if they are too close to the edge

now look what Mr KLINK has gone and done!

AMAZING!

Crap aint it .....................heh i think its gonna be the new benchmark for future planes in ofp

all hail klink !

and no pic size over 100kb!

WOW

looks really amazing... just keep up the great work...

...and maybe you (or anybody else) could give us some more information about it ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ Feb. 11 2003,09:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">now look what Mr KLINK has gone and done!

AMAZING!

Crap aint it .....................heh i think its gonna be the new benchmark for future planes in ofp

all hail klink !

and no pic size over 100kb!<span id='postcolor'>

Hi Kev

yea it`s crap.......i dont like it either biggrin.gif

*asking in PM for an beta of the plane* wink.gif

Dont say to klink this is one of his best lookin addons else he might start walking beside his shoes tounge.gif (stupid Dutch saying)

cya

this just came to me but when u get the carrier finneshed will it have a crew?? u know a captin.. flight deck etc etc

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dark Knight @ Feb. 12 2003,11:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this just came to me but when u get the carrier finneshed will it have a crew?? u know a captin.. flight deck etc etc<span id='postcolor'>

someone made carrier ground crew ages ago and released it as an addon. Dunno if Falklands MOD are gunna make their own though

2 Aden gun pods and 2 Sidewinder AIM9-L as per standard CAP (Combat Air Patrol) loadout in 1982. Plus 2 Mk82 bombs

You should make a bombing version too, during the falklands war they fitted the harriers with some bombs to destroy the airbase on the island before the invasion.

Also, what weapons the pilots gunna have?

Yes thats why they're sometimes fitted with Mk82 bombs.. The RAF Harrier Gr3 did most of the ground attacking though..

As for armed pilots.. Fleet Air Arm use standard 9mm Browning pistol for self protection.

Mini update:

Untextured Rapier SAM launcher in game and working:

rapier.jpg

Sam1.jpg

The Rapier missile will actually fire from the battery, as you can see from an early model from Col Klink:

miss1.jpg

miss2.jpg

WOW! The good stuff just keeps pouring in. Great model. Is that hawk battery gonna be released to?

BTW if i remember correctly, that airfield bombardment was done by Vulcan Bombers not by harriers (Operation Black Buck it was called), with the vulcans taking off from the UK and a lot of inflight refueling that made them able to fly all the way to the Falklands. I bet the argentines didnt saw that one coming! I still got a magazine lying around here that describes to whole operation. Its pretty exciting stuff!

Keep that eye candy coming!

L8R,

TopCover

They didn't drop any bombs.

What happened is our lovely prime minister wanted to incoporate nuclear weapons in to the conflict, well of course the military said (in a polite way) fuck off you stupid bitch!

But she was insistent, so they organised two vulcans to fly down there and do a flyby so they could demonstrate they had nuclear capability, one of the vulcans got technical difficulties and had to turn back but the other one did the flyby and the Argentinians thought there was no way we would use nuclear weapons and thank god they were right, it was all an expensive waste of time.

The thing that did it for them was us making a mountain 30 ft shorter by blasting it's top off with a huge naval bombardment to say - okay we can't nuke you but we got big guns here.

There's the inside scoop!

The Black Buck raid did involve the bombing of Port Stanley airfield. It just wasn't as effective as we were led to believe.