Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

We're having a few teething problems with it at the moment.. Expect a fix very soon...

sad_o.gif i beg you please release something for us  sad_o.gif

You have so nice addons in the work..and many are almost "complete"  could you give us some Betas?

sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

PS:sorry for the whinning

the amount of extra time it would take to release stuff would cause a knock on effect to the whole mod, so i doubt there will be any more betas of anything, we just want to get the mod finished with the least amount of distraction possible.

Your just gonna have to wait im afraid ;)

Weve just updated the site (which should now be workign properly) and added a comment system

www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

We have just released our first Teaser Trailer

That's one fine trailer! The raid on Pebble Island(?) and the other night fighting scene were particularly good, and the Union flag flying from the radio. Any chance of an animation of 'our boys' marching with the SLR cradled in their arms resting on the ammo pouches in the classic pose?

Can't wait for the mod!  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Many Thanks... Garritos and myself spent a lot of time making this..

Great to see it was all worthwhile!

Kick-Ass trailer!

Can't wait to get my hands on all those cool looking British Units. smile_o.gif

Who were the guys featured BTW? RM? Para? SAS?

I hope you make some SAS units with those Backpacks, I got a few great ideas for Missions with SAS boys like that. ( God bless Channel 4 wink_o.gif )

Wow... that was impressive. I loved the look the island were the firefight was at the end.

The seacat missile launcher (i assume seacat as the seadart is 2 cell and the seawolf 6)  looks nice as well.

In light of the dual machinegun script in the DKM havoc have you guys been able to get the other Aden 30mm cannon pod on the harrier to fire.

Its something we're working on.. Don't forget that the Sea Harrier release was only a beta. smile_o.gif

Haven't seen it yet, this crappy machine I'm using refuses to play it because media player can't find a sound card (due to there not being one), it normally just complains that there's no sound card and plays the video anyway, but not this time mad_o.gif

Looks like I'll have to wait till I get home, unless I can get it to play on a different player, what's it encoded with?

Anyway very impressed with the pics I've seen so far! smile_o.gif

@ Oct. 07 2003,11:45)]Its something we're working on.. Don't forget that the Sea Harrier release was only a beta.  smile_o.gif

I'm hoping that is a YES tounge_o.gif

Keep up the good work!

Well that is indeed the Seacat, we also have the Seadart & Seawolf too....

Well that is indeed the Seacat, we also have the Seadart & Seawolf too....

Any Exocet and Seaslugs planned for the cruisers and frigates?

Exocet yes.

SeaSlug?  rock.gif Always thought it was just SeaWolf, SeaDart and Seacat? Could be mistaken of course...

Exocets are being done, although whether we put operational ones on the ships is yet undecided..  As for Seaslug, I honestly dont think I will be doing it other than as a visual (and thats tough enough to get piccies off)

Heres a few more piccies from South Georgia, South Atlantic

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

OFP00189.jpg

An great view in a valley to the north of Grytviken.

OFP00197.jpg

The 'hills' above Grytviken, from here you can look over both Grytviken and King Edward Point, the major battle arena of this location.

OFP00198.jpg

King Edward Point, still not complete but certainly improves every time I add more to it, rocks will be changed to ones with a more wintery look to them whenI get round to it.  Oh thats the entrance the Argentine Corvette ARA Guericco stormed through, only to get hit a few times by AT rockets which caused enough damage to require dry docking to fix.  We still lost this particular battle, without any casualties

OFP00202.jpg

Type 21 tied up at King Edward POint, with a small Gemini passing by.

They are some nice looking pictures, those textures are looking amazing and they are only beta!!

Yeh the seaslug is a bit useless i suppose given it was being phased out in favour of the smaller seacat. From memory it was only mounted on one of the County Class ships, maybe the Glamorgan, but it may have been the Antrim.

To be honest i haven't seen many pictures of it anyway. There is this one at the bottom of the page of it on the Norfolk and this page with some pictures. By all accounts the missiles where the size of a family car!

EDIT

some more

side view

Exocets are being done, although whether we put operational ones on the ships is yet undecided..  As for Seaslug, I honestly dont think I will be doing it other than as a visual (and thats tough enough to get piccies off)

Heres a few more piccies from South Georgia, South Atlantic

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

"]http://www.ironfoot.net/~cbfasi/picsOFP/OFP00189.jpg[/img]

An great view in a valley to the north of Grytviken.

"]http://www.ironfoot.net/~cbfasi/picsOFP/OFP00197.jpg[/img]

The 'hills' above Grytviken, from here you can look over both Grytviken and King Edward Point, the major battle arena of this location.

"]http://www.ironfoot.net/~cbfasi/picsOFP/OFP00198.jpg[/img]

King Edward Point, still not complete but certainly improves every time I add more to it, rocks will be changed to ones with a more wintery look to them whenI get round to it.  Oh thats the entrance the Argentine Corvette ARA Guericco stormed through, only to get hit a few times by AT rockets which caused enough damage to require dry docking to fix.  We still lost this particular battle, without any casualties

"]http://www.ironfoot.net/~cbfasi/picsOFP/OFP00202.jpg[/img]

Type 21 tied up at King Edward POint, with a small Gemini passing by.

CBFASI Can still do it you are the man ( and the rest of the FLK Team )  biggrin_o.gif

Nowt like a bit of carnage to make you feel patriotic again. I loved the Pebble Island raid bit, and the ships look great. And that firefight at the end.... biggrin_o.gif

All hail the Falklands Mod!