Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Even the Frigates are over the 64m limit imposed by OFP

how big are the LSD or the LST?

They bigger, but theres certain features that dont work fully such as the hulls geometry and walkable decks.

Visually you can have any size, buts its the physics and game engine behine that restrict things.

The Mercs above actaully have to be rebuilt due to the 64m limit, the rearmost section is 62m but when the ramp is down it extends the length to about 70m overall and you fall through the end (this had me puzzled till I did the maths and found the ramp extended the length to about 70m).

My intial ships were one peice but of course had limited use.

Work on HMS Invincible continues, the model still has a fair bit left to be done, but shes lookign great if i do say so myself biggrin_o.gif

inv1s.jpg

inv2s.jpg

inv3s.jpg

They bigger, but theres certain features that dont work fully such as the hulls geometry and walkable decks.

Visually you can have any size, buts its the physics and game engine behine that restrict things.

The Mercs above actaully have to be rebuilt due to the 64m limit, the rearmost section is 62m but when the ramp is down it extends the length to about 70m overall and you fall through the end (this had me puzzled till I did the maths and found the ramp extended the length to about 70m).

My intial ships were one peice but of course had limited use.

Actually if you look at BIS LST, it's longer than 64 or even 70 meters limit. I think it's almost as long as 100 meters. Tell me what's the trick? Anybody ?  rock.gif

EDIT: I mean at least Geometry is working on LST.

It may be visually longer than the OFP Geometry limits, but is it actaully longer in geometry terms (pity we cant open it up to find out)

I think if I remember right you could go through parts of that LST

Also...

Assinging proxies of the deck walkways... No idea and I dont need to for this ship anyway.

(...)

Also...

Assinging proxies of the deck walkways... No idea and I dont need to for this ship anyway.

huh, how come?

is it going to be an eyecandy object only?

//edit: god, give me some good spelling karma tonight tounge_o.gif

All the external decks are going to be usable. Helicopters, Troops, Planes and other items can use all the external decking (if they can fit on them!!), ladders will also be made usable too.

Think of my ships as big big big houses with large landing pads, they maybe static but you can do a lot off a house of these sizes.

This also means that ALL the weapon systems can be installed as they will sit upon walkways.

In this case will include a Seadart launcher, a few radars and 20mm cannons

All the external decks are going to be usable. Helicopters, Troops, Planes and other items can use all the external decking (if they can fit on them!!), ladders will also be made usable too.

Think of my ships as big big big houses with large landing pads, they maybe static but you can do a lot off a house of these sizes.

This also means that ALL the weapon systems can be installed as they will sit upon walkways.

I know what I want my first home to be now.. tounge_o.gif

I'm interested in seeing the british light gun in action....or slung under a chinook(spelling?).

oh and one of my buddies is getting into OFP just to play your mod when it comes out, he's a big fan of the british paras

New Defensive GPMG Positions, they feature a unmanned static anim and a custom manned anim, they will be used by both British and Argentine soldiers, but are pictured with a Para here.

gpmgpos1s.jpg

gpmgpos3s.jpg

gpmgpos4s.jpg

gpmgpos2s.jpg

The unmanned GPMG positions are useable. basically what it means is when the gunner uses the get in command the GPMG is useable. When the gunner uses the Get out command the GPMG goes to the leaning position as in the last picture.

I expect that if I was creating a mission with them, I could put them anywhere I want, ofcourse, but what I don't understand ( and don't explain to me because I won't get it) is how they will manage to seat in the right place without shinking, wouldn't it be like puting buildings on uneven terrains? or the sea is diferent on that compared to land.

I would like to use this ships in missions, but I would expect you using alot of setpos comands in the mission editor for them to float.

Tell me that I got it soooooooooooooooooooo wrong that I need to go to bed, c'mon biggrin_o.gif j/k lol.

Me and my pea brain don't get it... crazy_o.gifghostface.gif

Looking good by the way.

@cero

Most buildings that are placed in the sea map in the OFP editor usually sit a ground level just as they would on the land, except that the ground level is the sea level when at sea.

The exception to this is when buildings are place in the sea in an island editor such as isitor or WrpTool, then the building would be sitting on the sea floor.

It beat the cr@p outta me for a start too.

you can place the ships in the editor anywhere in the sea/ocean and itll be level ;)

The Falklands Team are currently looking for new blood to join it's already talented group.

We need more help in the Terrain department.. You must posess good wrpedit/visitor skills and be willing to create new textures.

You must also be dedicated and have an interest in the conflict.

We have another topic in progress to reflect this.

If you feel you have the talent and direction, get in touch.. wink_o.gif

Heres a few piccies of the latest work to HMS Invincible

OFP00282.jpg

OFP00283.jpg

OFP00284.jpg

I might be biased but she is progressing beautifully!

Anyway... A little update on our Chinook 'Bravo November'

bn1.jpg

The Invincible looks pretty promising with the new model. Can't wait to see it when the textures are put on.

The chinook is actually very beautiful! I don't think the pics do it justice. smile_o.gif