Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

At the moment we plan no release's of the ships in beta format..

This does not however alter the planned release of an updated version of the 1968 Hermes which although not directly related to the Falklands War does share 99% of its construction with its later modified form in 1982.

I have no date for this as I am working on several ships at the same time and in this case its a rebuild of the deck textures and a few other features not present on the first beta.

I love the ships and the Planes love them im impressed, first mod with really big boats wow_o.gif

Keep up the good and fast work you guys biggrin_o.gif

will the Hermes have weapons on board and if so will they be single units or intergrated in to the ship

cause when I tried to put some Swiss mod rapiers on the 1968 Hermes they kept firing into the ship

if you watched the trailer, and look at my avatar you can see a Sea Cat missile launcher fireing, this is one of the thwo rear launchers she has.

And im sure i answerd this a page or two back....;)

will the Hermes have weapons on board and if so will they be single units or intergrated in to the ship

cause when I tried to put some Swiss mod rapiers on the 1968 Hermes they kept firing into the ship

Hermes will have Weapon systems and Radars aboard as single units. (Along with all our other ships)

The solution to firing into the ship has been done be usign weapons with restricted arcs of fire, much like the real ones.

The weapons in real life would either be non-trainable in dangerous directions (like the way I have done it) or have the firing disabled when pointing in certain directions, likely the first, its easier and not that technical to implement.

Oh Yes, this may interest you Uncle Sam.

I have intentions to do the Stores ship RFA Stromness, which happens to be one of the few ships the US Navy have purchased from a foreigan navy after active service, Now Known as USS Saturn (T-AFS-10)(MSC), this data was valid in 91.

She was completed in 1967, got a nice piccy of a bomb going off beside her while she was off-loading ammunition in 1982.

CBFASI, i got a idea for you and your ships, why not have small not to bright run way ligts and a couple of small lights for optimal night missions, the Falklands War was mostley fight at night so biggrin_o.gif

Already being worked on, piccies unavailable at this time. We even have the lights used to inform flight deck personal and pilots of the status of the flight deck (this works great visually!)

Technical Differculties..

It seems that both the Mod Forum and Website are temporaily unstable.

It seems we may have hit bandwidth limits, the effect is the forum is coming and going so please bear with us while we sort this out.

And yes its being worked on as fast as possible within real life limitations.

While waiting heres a piccy of some of the ships that are viewable in present state.

These still requrie work, some far more that others.

Left to Right...

Nordic Ferry, Type 21, Fearless, Hermes, Nordic Ferry, Type 42

HDS00014.jpg

the fearless and the hermes look kick ass

these are all static ships tho rite?

Probably because of the object size limits of ofp also if it is a ship that has many features it probaly has been made in two or three seperate sections. But i am working on a way to get large ofp ships to move