Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([Ash] @ Mar. 09 2003,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mini update:

Untextured Rapier SAM launcher in game and working:

rapier.jpg

Sam1.jpg

The Rapier missile will actually fire from the battery, as you can see from an early model from Col Klink:

miss1.jpg

miss2.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

The Missile battery seen on the 2 last pics aren't Rapiers, but HAWKs. HAWK is a US medium-range semi-active radar homing AA missile widely used in Operation Desert storm.

Oh okay different mission, but we also flew vulcans down there before we started bombing them just to piss 'em off.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ Mar. 10 2003,11:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I meant to point out that the pics are from Col Klink's Hawk addon.

looks cool great work as with all the mods other things.  You say the second pics are from Col Klink's Hawk addon is that up for download anywhere? or is it gonna be included in the mod?

Ash, if you need any pictures of Rapier I could probably find a few; my dad went down there with an air defence regiment and was quite a amateur photographer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gloomy @ Mar. 10 2003,19:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">looks cool great work as with all the mods other things.  You say the second pics are from Col Klink's Hawk addon is that up for download anywhere? or is it gonna be included in the mod?<span id='postcolor'>

The Hawk wasn't used during the conflict, thus it won't be in the mod. Col Klink will probably release it at some point as a seperate addon I guess...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrMilli @ Mar. 11 2003,00:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ash, if you need any pictures of Rapier I could probably find a few; my dad went down there with an air defence regiment and was quite a amateur photographer.<span id='postcolor'>

Anything you feel would be handy m8, please post on our forum biggrin.gif

Update on the British Royal Navy Sea Harrier:

newharrier1.jpg

newharrier3.jpg

newharrier4.jpg

newharrier4radar.jpg

newharrier5radar.jpg

newharriercockpit.jpg

How about an Ejection Seat?  smile.gif

ejectionseat.jpg

Fantastic textures on the Harrier

Nicel new feature with the ejection seat

yes u have put us thorough torture long enought... one thing.. that picture with the nose cone opend.. is that the radar?

harrier looks like perfect work! i think it is perfect!

cant wait till the mod is done!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dark Knight @ Mar. 16 2003,14:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes u have put us thorough torture long enought... one thing.. that picture with the nose cone opend.. is that the radar?<span id='postcolor'>

What els could it be? :]

Unfortunately... Release date will be announced in few months :]

I see an ejection seat?!

Very nice work!

Falklands should be a perfect scenario for the OFP engine.

Any chance that you get this round map display in the middle to work?

[whinemode] why r u torturing us with those great pictures [/whinemode] Gr8 job guys! wtg tounge.gif

28 Sea Harriers took part in the war, flying from H.M.S. Invincible and H.M.S. Hermes. 10 Harrier Gr3's were also used by the RAF.

WHERE NOT WORTHY sad.gif WHERE NOT WORTHY

sad.gif WHERE NOT WORTHY sad.gif WHERE NOT WORTHY sad.gif

I HAVE TO SAY ITS DAMN GOOD! biggrin.gif

I GIVE IT biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif SMILIES OUT OF biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif SMILIES biggrin.gif

*Rapier Update*

Textures finished on the launcher unit.

rapier1.jpg

And start on the command post for the rapier started.

comtent.jpg

This is a basic camo netting that will also be released in desert colours.

Will the missiles on the Rapier launcher pivot w/ the launcher(I'm assuming that atleast part of the launcher turns)?