Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Bring back the notebook in the map screen! This may sound trivial but I miss that damn notebook. It had character. It was also alot more appropriate than the current map/notes GUI if the mission you were playing was supposed to be set in Vietnam or WW2 or some other past conflict.

How about a tablet, or smart phone.

edit; as long as its modable!

RC devices with Laserguidence, player can put on ground or attach this device to objects and control it with RC device :), looks like my

, merged with SOFLAM

Gameplay&PvP:

Optical blicks for scopes (sniper scopes too), glass, googles etc.

Players can detect snipers by scope optic blicks if sniper dont have a "Honeycomb grid" or other ani-blick accessorys

- u know what wud be f*in awesome? a side game where all the equipment is listed by name only, so u have to know the details of ur equipment to choose properly

GAME ENGINE

-New scheduled version of FSM scripting where you could use sleep, also where you could add wanted sleep to the conditions (so those condition would be counted only with wanted timed tempo. e.g. once in ten seconds)

-Custom condition count timing for triggers too (if I heard right, currently conditions are forced to count 2 times in sec. For many things, much slower rate would work as good)

-A way to load wanted classes in memory for fast access, currently all spawning in ArmA2 is very performance heavy (for hard-drive?), causing easily heavy stuttering

-New optional marker box (howering over marker could display extra information in appearing small box)

-Radio command to keep team-members running close to leader without stopping if player dosent stop

Edited by SaOk

It's been mentioned already 5 times (at least it's how many times I read it) in this thread and seems to be important to quite a lot of people. Since it hasn't made it's way on the frontpage so far, here it is again ;):

-3D scopes and a realistic ACOG sight (which is designed to be used with both eyes open, ergo no loss of the peripheral view)

And something I personally would like to see:

-SIG 55X rifle

hotlinks(to websites) in chat or interface dialog windows, posible to make a link inside code in UI dialog winow as class, or some like this...

---------- Post added at 00:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

Gameplay:

Video chat as/for briefing or cominucatins for players in squads or in team/side/main channel, as VON!

In some corner on screen popuping icon informing about incoming video call, player can choise, aswer or not by keyboard buttons (assigned)

if answer user see in corner medium or small window with video live stream by talkers webcams (hook and transmit video stream)!

Or add ability to set players avatar in profile, and when player start talking by VON, other players see talkers avatar near VON icon

Realise this please, because current Arma UI is very ugly (looks very shitty in comparison with other games)!!!

A Monstertruck as PhysX showcasing vehicle :cool:

So Arma 3 has PhysX and improved driving mechanics?

The perfect and most badass way to showcase this, is a Monstertruck

including huge and bouncy suspensions, spinning tires,wheelies and crazy jumps! :icon_twisted: Next to a perfect showcase for the new technology, they would add some glorious moments to the multiplayer and on the bottom line, be a bunch of fun.

Arma Monster Jam here we come :moto:

I hope in Arma 3 that you can command a pilot in your squad to engage an area on a map not dependent on an enemy AI target present.

Also that you can tell the Pilot which ordinance to use whether to strafe with guns or use freefall bombs. You should not have to laser the target just hit M for map and click where you want the pilot to hit on the map and then select what ordinance he should use.

Here is how i would use it. I just ejected over enemy territory and still have radio contact with the wingman pilot. I use map to provide coordinates of a spotted enemy infantry on a hill or near a building. It would be nice if i could tell the pilot to engage with bombs and watch the bombs fall onto the coordinates I gave him over the radio.

Presently in Arma2OA you have to laser the target.Without laser you can spot enemy infantry and tell the pilot to engage and fire but the jet will just make low passes over the target. He may strafe until he runs out of bullets but he will not use any other ordinance like bombs.

Another way would be to have pilots waiting at base for your command while you recon enemy patrols and that you can pull out your map and click the coordinates of the enemy and tell the pilots what ordinance to use or by default they choose. Still would be nice to tell your pilots under your command to use what you want on the enemy you spot on the ground.

If you only made one change it would be to allow AI Pilots to drop bombs without having to laser the target. When I fly I drop bombs on enemy positions without some AI having to laser the target for me, I'm just asking for the same from the AI.

Also, If it isn't in there already please make counter measures or flares from jets have option to be auto or manual so I can ration the flares and use at right moment. Radar on the Hud should show incoming missile so that you can break at the right moment and drop flares. I hate getting killed by a missile totally undetected by my radar and never knowing when I'm even targeted by enemy radar. Some addons like euro typhoon are close to what I want but they use all flares automatically til gone. :cool:

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

I like this as well. Simplified version though...TAB spam til you lock the target of choice and choose laser guided bomb or free fall bomb and the instruments would give you audible signal to release bomb over target or when pip is lined up correctly.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Also If your commanding a pilot from ground that you can command any target on map (tree, empty car, house) to be bombed with your choice of ordinance from pilots ordinance load via action menu so calling in air support would feel more immersive and effective during combat and not having to rely on laser targeting. Like the way they did it in Vietnam using map coordinates to call in Napalm strikes.

Edited by Bobby2
added request

3D scopes. Please implement this BIS! Think about it for a second. You've already got render to texture implemented in this engine (mirrors, monitors, etc) you could apply that same technology to scopes so there isn't just a zoomed screen with an image "scope" overlay. A good example of this is Red Orchestra 2 sniper rifles. That uses render to texture to show the scope like that.

Otokar developed the vehicle to target the Turkish Land Forces’ Special Purpose Tactical Wheeled Armoured Vehicle (Ozel Maksatli Taktik Tekerlekli Zirhli Arac, OMTTZA) project. It is competing against two other vehicles in the shape of FNSS Defence Systems’ Pars and HEMA Endustri’s Anafarta, a variant of Patria’s 6×6 Armoured Modular Vehicle (AMV). Turkish Land Forces are expected to make a selection for its OMTTZA requirement by mid-2010 and subsequently procure 336 vehicles in a variety of versions: 30 for NBC reconnaissance, 36 radar carriers, 108 sensor carriers, 39 command vehicles and 108 fire-support vehicles, which could be armed with a manually operated 20 mm cannon. Mobility tests with prototypes to date have included around 10,000 km of running over varied terrain.

At Eurosatory 2010, Otokar present the first time to the public, his new wheeled armoured vehicle, the Arma. The ARMA is the latest product of Otokar’s design and development studies and a proof of Otokar’s ability to leverage its engineering, manufacturing and expertise across a large portfolio of armoured tactical vehicles. ARMA is a new product family within the Otokar’s the tactical wheeled armoured vehicle range with modular multi-wheel configuration. ARMA vehicle platform with superior tactical and technical features will be an outstanding and cost effective product among competitive products. Thanks to the high level of ballistic and mine protection as well as, the outstanding design allowing the integration of various types of weapon stations and mission equipments, ARMA will be an adaptable platform for evolving mission needs in a modern battlefield. ARMA vehicle’s development started in 2007 as a company funded development project for home and export markets.

Development studies from concept design till the end of test phases including qualification and validation processes, detailed design, computer aided engineering studies, are performed by Otokar. ARMA 6x6 is ready for full scale production and the family will be complemented by an 8x8 version late in 2010. In 2010, Turkish leading land systems manufacturer, Otokar received the first contract for its new 6x6 tactical armoured vehicle ARMA from abroad. The contract is valued in excess of $10.6 million including the vehicles, spare parts and training. Deliveries under this contract award are expected to be completed in 15 months. In June 2011, Otokar has been awarded a $63.2 million second contract for its new 6x6 tactical armoured vehicle ARMA.

Specifications

Dimensions: Length, 6,428 m; Width, 2,708 m; Height, 2,223 m.

Weight: 18,500 kg

Speed: 105 km/h on road

Range: 700 km

Crew: 2 + 8 (10 if 8x8 variant) soldiers

Armor: Protection 12.5 mm, mines and IDFs.

Armament: One 12.7 mm or 7.62 mm machine gun and more to be made

Accessories: NBC protection system, air conditioning

http://www.turkmilitary.com/data/media/132/otokar_arma_8x8_10.jpg > 100kb!

2nvvtkm.jpg

Turret Details :

http://www.turkmilitary.com/data/media/132/mizrak_brosur.jpg > 100kb!

8Ved1OgLkn4

Edited by Foxhound
Please watch max allowed filesize for hotlinked images!

I almost forgot:

It'd be nice to finally have functional scopes before ACE comes out.

Did you know that all these dots and lines are actually there for a reason? Incredible. :rolleyes:

- Simplyfied Configs.

- Clear names for actions and properties.

To for example... set how many times an animation is performed, i.e: Reload Shotgun x7. This x7 will be the number of times that the animation of introduce a shotgun shell into the chamber is performed; being able of interrupt the animations too in the middle.

Would be great on the jumps Haho-halo players can move freely within the plane, for when we launch in altitude can open the tailgate and inference and each free jumping

After oxygen masks are for these jumps and to see the altitude gauge.

Melee or knife would be an innovation in the Armed asault 3

More fighting in population that all houses are open and can be combated in

that vehicles suffer dents in cars or other vehicles with trees as the impacts of the bullets

improve night vision more realistic

greetings and congratulations on the great work you doing

I put a video of Haho-halo so that you have an idea of ​​how it could be incredible for Armed Assault 3

---------- Post added at 06:30 ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 ----------

A good idea for when you leave any expansion is to take the map and update it Sharani Armed Assault 3 is the larger map for this game and the best

Would be awesome and a more realistic feeling when you aim down your sights, it actually looks like you are aiming. Instead of just the regular animations where you or someone else is aiming and you can't tell because the head is 2 inches from the scope. :)

I really hope that there is an animation for bringing up your sights, and that the 1st person camera is at all times positioned either between the eyes or on/near the right eye. Really unrealistic that the 1st person camera is based on the weapon and weapon sight. When I look through the sights, my view should not move to where the weapon sight is. The weapon and weapon sight should move to where my right eye is.

Edited by antoineflemming

you see cover systems in plenty of tactical games nowadays, such as almost all of the Tom Clancy games or Gears of War. what i'm asking isn't really for something like theirs, just for something that can artificially "lock" me to a wall, sand barrier, etc.

this kind of thing usually allows for "peeking" around corners with a relatively low chance of getting spotted or at least hit as well. An important subject to bring up on this topic is to make sure you can't see more than you should because of the third-person camera, which allows for a bit of "cheating."

Ideally, (in my most humble opinion,) this would be controlled via a key near the 'shift' or 'alt' keys that would, when toggled or held, force a player into a position near a building or at least waist high object and only allow one to sidle along it and peering at edges.

Uses of this are to create an environment where it is easy to remain in cover (or at least to let you know you are in cover) and give a greater sense of safe mobility under fire, of which there is little in games that lack such a system. Another almost unprecedented use of such a system (again, at least in arma) is the ability to "stack up" on a doorway in order to clear a compound or building (which I do believe in all my heart that the creators have allowed AI to act freely within ;)

this seems to sum up my ideas on the topic, i thank you if you made it all the way through my exposition and hope that you will support my idea(s)

-Brought to you by Matt/Wolfram, the leader in educated guessing and tomfoolery

P.S. more, possibly less detailed, ideas in the near future.

It would be awesome to be able to see static discharge from chopper's baldes through NVG's. Awesome phenomenon, would look awesome in game methinks!:D

Rank Reward System In Multiplayer on Internet

Note: This system i aimed on "DominationA2! By Xeno"

And Bohemia Interctive sence its not possible to make in Arma2.

-------------------------------------------------------

Info:

I thought a long time about how you can improve a game and make it more realistic and fun for everyone.

This is what i think would be good.

First There should be 13 diffrent Ranks.

-------------------------------------

1.Recruit (By Complete the Training Grounds You Will Reatch Next Rank)

2.Private (Here you start to get Experience points, When you reatch 200 Points you will reatch a new rank)

3.Private First Class (When you reatch 400 Points you will reatch a new rank)

4.Corporal (When you reatch 800 Points you will reatch a new rank)

5.Sergent (When you reatch 1,200 Points you will reatch a new rank)

6.Sergent first class (When you reatch 1,600 Points you will reatch a new rank)

7.Master Sergent (When you reatch 2,000 Points you will reatch a new rank)

8.Sergent Major (When you reatch 2,400 Points you will reatch a new rank)

9.Command Sergent (When you reatch 2,800 Points you will reatch a new rank)

10.Colonel (When you reatch 3,200 Points you will reatch a new rank)

11.Lieutanent Colonel (When you reatch 3,600 Points you will reatch a new rank)

12.Major Lieutanent Colonel (When you reatch 4,000 Points you will reatch a new rank)

13.Captain Major Lieutanent Colonel (When you reatch 4,400 Points you will reatch a new rank)

14.General

You will be given diffrent stuff wile you grow into new ranks,like new looks on your avatar, sunglasses to your ingame characters,diffrent skins nothing that will make you use new stuff ingame but still somthing, This way it will be fair for everyone. and you will be able to join game that have a specfic rank required to join it.

1.Recruits cannot join any multiplayer online games from he/she completes the tutorial this will provent a team from getting an unexperienced player to the game and also it shows the new player that he have to start from the botton.

You get points by:

-----------------

1. Doing your job.

----------------

All: Can Get points for capturing Camps,Completing Missions/Completing Sidemissions/Destroying and killing Hostiles/

First Artillery SF Operator And Rescue and Secound Artillery SF Operator And Rescue : Also Gets points for killing Hostiles with artillery inside AO.

Team Leaders: Also Gets points for lasermarking enemy vehicles when they gets destroyed and when they spot hostiles with thier binocular.

Snipers: Get extra points for killing hostiles with diffrent types off Sniper Rifles.

Soldiers: Get Extra points when they kill enemys at close range

At Soliders: Get extra points for destroying enemy vehicles with Anti tank weapons.

MG Gunner: Get extra points for killing hostiles with diffrent types off Mashine Guns and using MG nests.

Medic: Get extra points for healing and rescueing team members.

Demolition: Get extra points for killing hostiles and vehicles with mines and charges

Enginers: Get extra points when they repair vehicles and collect wreaks outside base range.

Pilots: Get extra points for killing hostiles using helicopters and Planes.

This means when you pick a class and do your job you will be rewarded.

2. Get Diffrent Ashivements Like.

---------------------------------

BLOW THEM UP! = Kill a enemy car with 5 or more crew members in it.

One shot One Kill! = Kill an enemy vehicle driver from 600m or more.

Warhero! = Kill 10 enemys in less then 1 minute from your first kill

Here i am! = Kill an enemy in less then 10 secounds when you retch the ground from a parasute.

Look his smoking! = Kill an enemy who is not inside a vehicle with an heatseaking missile.

Works in a hospital! = Save 5 team mates in minute after the first rescue.

No thanks, I prefere walking! = Walk 10,000 meters without stoping.

Here is your tank! = Transport a tank to the exact middle of the AO wile its still a hotzone.

I will survive! = Survive inside a hotzone for 10 minutes without leaving it.

My feet hurts! = Crowl around inside the ao for 5 minute without standing up.

Bad aim man! = get shot by an hostile and kill him within 10 secounds from he hits you.

I dont need my rifle! = kill 5 hostiles using a pistol.

And stuff like that will also reward you experience points. This is a fun way to find yourself and your class and something to do if you want to get experience points by a diffrent way.

3. Be an active player.

-----------------------

After a wile If you stay inside a hotzone,move,shots and sutch you will genate a small amount off experience points.

This is a really good way to make a player move around and actuslly do what they are supose to do on map.

4. Play the singleplayer campain.

--------------------------

By completing the singleplayer campain/mission you will be given experience points

This was 4 diffrent ways how you can could gain experience points, But you can also lose them.

By doing following you will lose experience points.

----------------------------------------------

There are 3 steps.

(High Thret)

This type of thret will be loged in your "High Thret list". and anyone at anytime can see the date and what you got reported for.

(Medium Thret)

This type of thret will be loged into your "Medium thret list". and anyone can see the date and what you got reported for.

(Low Thret)

This type of thret is not loged. it will only make you lose experience points,Get kicked or in worst chase banned from selected servers.

They all resault in a lost of experience points in diffrent ways.

RULES.

------

§1. Team killing (High Thret) :, If you kill a firendly player you will lose alot of experience points. After 5 friendly kills you will be kicked. if it contine you will also be banned from the selected server.

§2. AFK abuse (Medium Thret): Standing still someware on the map starting at 5 minute will start to drain some of your experience/per s , at 15 minute you will be kicked.

§3. Destroy Vehicles (Low Thret): Crash a vehicle will result that you lose some experience points. (Less experience depending on how far from the base)

§4.1 unnecessary Fire units (Low thret): Fire at or inside base as player Eatch shot will resault in a small amount of experience points goes away (Bigger gun more experience waste). 15 shots in base will resualt in a kick (3 with big shots).

§4.2 unnecessary Fire vehicles (Low thret): Fire at or inside base with diffrent types off vehicles will make you lose a small amount of experience points. 3 Shots will resault in a kick.

§5.1 Chat Abuse Text (High thret) curse,thret,religion,sex,race resault in chat will be cencured and you will also lose experience points for using them. Spamm resualts in a lost of experience points and you will not be able to speak agian for 5 minutes.

This can also make you kicked and or banned.

§5.2 Chat abuse Voice (High thret) Same as "§5.1" You can be kicked and or banned for not following rules also a lose of experience points will come here.

.. and so on

What is this good for?

--------------------

Its good for people that wants to take a game seriusly by letting everyone get a log you can also provent a game from getting a frod into it that most likly will ruin the game for everyone in it.

This system will also allow players to have something to win on playing the game often.

This also shows players whats right and whats wrong.

I hope you like my ideas

and so sorry for bad grammar/spelling.

Thank you.

Customizable ruck sacks or other load bearing gear. when loading it, it would keep track of weight to effect performance. This would be great to be able to establish a front lines camp more advanced than an established FOB. the ability to carry extra ammo and whatever other supplies needed would be great. once you find a place to setup camp, you can drop it off and no longer be taxed for the weight.

A small one i dont think ive seen anyone mention: Boats, especially the faster boats, shouldnt lose as much power they do now when turning if possible. Ive owned at least 3 motor boats through my life and they dont lose speed when turning. I guess it has been an engine limitation(?), but if its possible to fix this it would be great indeed especially with the physics and bigger focus on boats in nr3.

Heavy steering does indeed lower the speed, but as it is now you lose speed even when doing a bit of turning.

Dont drop speed when you turning when driving vehicles

and add config param, some like dropSpdWhenTurn = 0/1;

Area to make custom patches (unit or morale) which you can put on pre-designated areas of your vest. helmet and sleeves. Have it so you can have different ones on different areas. Here are my sleeves.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/firefox088/199437_201924186498670_100000432695942_654112_525812_n.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/firefox088/197241_201923549832067_100000432695942_654110_1370586_n.jpg

Realistic NVG effects:

AC-130 FLIR:

EXPLICIT VIDEO REMOVED

Edited by Max Power
explicit video