Sign in to follow this  
Gunship -OFP-ZONE-

Seb nam pack 2 out!

Wow, thats a kickass pack! I dont liek tho how it uses the AK47 full sounds, since they are looping and are completely crappy. The single shot sound should be used in the AK.

Everyone with probs with DR Spack: the Dynamic range pack has ogg files for everything, and have different names. NAM pakc uses sounds from the original sound.pbo configuration.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dinger @ Nov. 27 2002,18:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Nov. 27 2002,14:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anyone tried playing the CoC Mines addon's demo mission "CoC Claymore Trainer"?

The moment that mission starts up, the graphic rending crawls at a snails pace.<span id='postcolor'>

-- Ouch.  The moment the mission starts up?

It should be a little slow, since it starts with an enemy platoon (48 AI units) in combat range.  That means the computer is actively driving those AIs, and the graphics engine has to deal with all those polys.

If you fire off all six claymores in rapid succession, your FR won't be pretty for about two seconds. (As it's plotting something on the order of 1000 pieces of shrapnel).  The solution to this problem is wait a second between detonations.

Outside of that, the only impact the Mines Mod has is one polling script every ten seconds.  If you have too many mines on the map, (like 100), you will notice a slight "stutter"

If the trainer is causing trouble before you fire the mines, it should be causing trouble solely because of the number of bandits. This can be tested by deleting the 6 claymores from the map, the Blasting Device, and the init.sqs file.

Still, we want to hear about any problems people are having with this mod.  We didn't work long hours for it to bring your computer to its knees wink.gif

---

As far as the SEB mod crashing the computer.  I saw that too.  I found that reducing the viewdistance solved most of these.

---

I can't speak for the SEB people, but I know that when we were developing the COC_Mines mod, we tried to minimize the impact on system performance (which is also why we hate the trigger solution to detonation).  For the mines, that means jostapo went for very low poly counts and as small texture maps as would look passable.  Of course, these objects have a moment at which they have to "shine", and we decided that at that moment -- detonation -- a few seconds of lag on lower-end machines was acceptable.

In general, good mods tend to assume a slightly higher spec than the original game.  In part this is due to the time elapsed between the release of the game and the mod.

If you look at SEB NP2's terrain, you can see what this means in practice. Ia Drang probably has fewer textures than Nogova, but it's got a lot of trees.  That's gonna eat more of your video card.  And the hard freezes I was getting looked like a function of video overload.<span id='postcolor'>

No problems with the demo missions for the land mines here. However I just wanted to add that as a former member of the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers I trained on how to use those mines and saw both on explosives training ranges at Ft. Leanordwood and in videos what those mines can do. I have to say that your mines are incredibly realistic. When I checked out the mine demos that came with the NAM2 pack, my mouth just dropped. I was absolutely stunned at the realism in the way the claymores and M16A1 (which alot of people confuse with the rifle) "bouncing betties" just rips into soldiers. I also love the way the bouncing betties pop up like the real things. Absolutely superb. The one downside is the small AP mines... the little toe-popper mines shouldn't do so much dammage. They generally just wound soldiers and usually don't kill them. But if the dammage levels can be changed in one of the script then I'll have to mess around with that.

At any rate, hats off to you and your team that made those mines! They are just stunning and something that was sorely missing in OFP. BIS should buy these suckers from you and make them an official addon. Either that or BIS should incorporate these mines into the game where they don't require scripts to use. They are just amazing mines with very realistic shrapnel dispersion characteristics (although real claymores send a little bit of shrapnel to the rear as well so it's not wise to be right behind one in real life without some cover.)

Again fantastic job on those land mines!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Nov. 27 2002,22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr ThunderMakeR @ Nov. 27 2002,23:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, now I got -mod=vietnam to load the Nam pack but its still loading my other addons from the Res/Addons folder.  How do i get rid of those?<span id='postcolor'>

You can't. The RES folder is always used. Move the unofficial addons out of RES jsut as well.<span id='postcolor'>

So I moved all my other unofficial addons to C:\\OperationFlashpoint\Addons and they STILL load when I run the -mod=Vietnam command lol. Maybe its because I dont have Ofp installed in the default Codemasters\OperationFLashpoint folder???

NOt sure if this is a bug or not: the Chinook gunner seems to never have a parachute when he ejects. He falls down from the default helo height and actually lives.

PS-I am the only person to get

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Parse error: parse error in /usr/local/www/html/yabbse/index.php on line 241

<span id='postcolor'>

when going to the ofpec forums?

I recall some helis that had the radio chatter when you flew them. I thought this really added to the overall effect and perhaps might be a good thing to add? As well, what about adding this in to the soldier's radio?(as its not good for anything but looks) might be cool too if possible(but I'm not sure if it is.)

just some ideas.

EDIT: I also noticed that if you walk next to a pilot, you get the option to raise/lower his visor(although playing with that is only fun for about an hour or so) biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So I moved all my other unofficial addons to C:\\OperationFlashpoint\Addons and they STILL load when I run the -mod=Vietnam command lol. Maybe its because I dont have Ofp installed in the default Codemasters\OperationFLashpoint folder??? <span id='postcolor'>

ah, the RES/ADDONS and OPERATIONFLASHPOINT/ADDONS are always used, you will have to make a new folder if you dont want those addons loaded.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Nov. 28 2002,00:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I recall some helis that had the radio chatter when you flew them. I thought this really added to the overall effect and perhaps might be a good thing to add? As well, what about adding this in to the soldier's radio?(as its not good for anything but looks) might be cool too if possible(but I'm not sure if it is.)

just some ideas.

EDIT: I also noticed that if you walk next to a pilot, you get the option to raise/lower his visor(although playing with that is only fun for about an hour or so) biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually I found that radio chatter in Martin's old UH-1's to be HIGHLY ANNOYING and VERY unrealistic mainly because you could hear that radio chatter on the ground from far away as if the helicopters radio transmissions were being broadcasted over a big loud speaker on the helicopter.

Radio chatter should be saved for scripts such as when you board a chopper or when you reach a certain waypoint or set off a particular trigger.

That's my opinion anyways.

I do love those animations on the pilot's visors by the way. smile.gif

Even better is that animated gunsite on the Huey Hog gunships. Just incredible!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I KNEW IT! You guys arent perfect! I have found a bug lol.

Really its just a small and inconsequential bug but I thought id be a pain in the ass and point it out biggrin.gif . Some textures are missing from the rotor assembley on the OH-6's from farther away.

i think someone mentioned the radio chatter a few months ago, but it wasnt chosen because its repetitve or something, either that or stt/ebud didnt like it (i havent tried martins hueys with the radio chatter so ive no idea what its like), having the radio chatter on a squads radio might not be too good, with it being looped recorded messages they could be talking really loudly in mp or something, or it might sound like theres a big battle, when nothing is happening its very unpredictable, and possibly annoying

and edc, i think the ofpec forums are down

The pack is beyond excellence, but there are still issues of transparent spots in some places which deflect bullets. It's really annoying sometimes...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Nov. 28 2002,01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The pack is beyond excellence, but there are still issues of transparent spots in some places which deflect bullets. It's really annoying sometimes...<span id='postcolor'>

Then get another Jungle Island, I personally will not be deterred by some random bullet deflections smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Nov. 28 2002,01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The pack is beyond excellence, but there are still issues of transparent spots in some places which deflect bullets. It's really annoying sometimes...<span id='postcolor'>

A little more info would actually help in possibly fixing this. smile.gif

i dont think it can be deflected, once a bullet hits in ofp it...stops, i suppose you mean the forests, there are a few suspect pieces of geometry, im not sure but this might have been added to stop the ai from spraying bullets into the jungle and killing people when they shouldnt have, or it may be a bug smile.gif

Heres a little coop i made for this pack a few weeks ago. I switched over the units in past few days.

Combat Patrol

Its mainly made as a chopper mission, but there is some aircav playable spots. The objective is scalable so you can fly for a short CP or long one. The main gist of this map is coop between oh6 and cobra teams, the OH spotting VC and the gunships assaulting them.

This mission wont work from sp menu, but can be played solo from mp as the friendly ai will go out searching for VC (fun to ride as cobra gunner).

I think bullets are deflected in OFP. For example if you shoot almost straight down at the ground with a fairly inaccurate weapon you will eventually kill yourself.

thats not deflections, thats a build up of the indirecthit:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">class BulletSingle : Default

{

hit=9;indirectHit=2;indirectHitRange=0.1;

model=shell;

simulation=shotBullet;

simulationStep=0.05;

//soundFly[]={objects\noise,db-80,4};

soundFly[]={objects\bulletnoise,db-12,0.7};

explosive=false;

visibleFire=16; // how much is visible when this weapon is fired

audibleFire=16;

visibleFireTime=3; // how long is it visible

minRange=10;minRangeProbab=0.10;

midRange=50;midRangeProbab=0.38;

maxRange=200;maxRangeProbab=0.04;

/**/

soundHit1[]={weapons\bulletricochet1,db-30,1};

soundHit2[]={weapons\bulletricochet2,db-30,1};

soundHit3[]={weapons\bulletricochet3,db-30,1};

soundHitMan1[]={weapons\bullethitman1,db-38,1};

soundHitMan2[]={weapons\bullethitman2,db-38,1};

soundHitArmor1[]={weapons\small_impact1,db-30,1};

soundHitArmor2[]={weapons\Big_Impact2,db-30,1};

soundHitBuilding1[]={weapons\bulletricochet4,db-30,1};

soundHitBuilding2[]={weapons\bulletricochet5,db-30,1};

hitGround[]={soundHit1,0.33,soundHit2,0.33,soundHit3,0.33};

hitMan[]={soundHitMan1,0.5,soundHitMan2,0.5};

hitArmor[]={soundHitArmor1,0.7, soundHitArmor2, 0.3};

hitBuilding[]={soundHitBuilding1,0.5,soundHitBuilding2,0.5};

/**/

cartridge="FxCartridge";

cost = 0.7;

};<span id='postcolor'>

that means that an m16 bullet does nearly 1/5th of the damage when someone is 0.1m away from the point of impact(and they are not directly shot), so shooting straight down/slightly ahead will hurt you, only it takes about 5 times as many bullets as direct shooting to kill you

Hi guys

I just noticed a slight bug when I was playing a chopper pilot. My character (me, incidentally) wears glasses. I know pilots aren't supposed to, but bear with me. When looking at my face through the visor, the area that my glasses take up is totally transparent - you can see right through my head through a perfect eyeglass silhouette.

I'd post a screenie if I had a website.

this addon is stunning> Kudos to every1 involved in the making smile.gif. NICE JOB. I think some1 "cough" Miles "cough" should make a campaign even short.

I don't usually say anything about addons. All addons are nice especially if they add something to the game, but this...

The Nam Pack actually changes the core gameplay in ways only thought possible with an SDK. I made a mission with a 4 heli insertion. When we arrived the LZ was hot, but the helis laid fire until the area was secure. It was a sight to see. I love BIS but everytime I use one of their choppers for something like this they never fire on the enemy and they ALWAYS crash. You can make movies with this stuff. We then cleared out some areas and made our way to the extraction point. It was hot when we got there but when the choppers arrived they cleared it out. At the end of the mission half the soldiers survived and 2/3rds of those were wounded. Normal 1985 units would have had no injuries, they would have probably been dead. Beautiful.

You guys are to be commended. I can't wait to multi-control them.

BTW: Did you change the power of the grenades? If you did that helped.

Ben

I noticed too that units are way tougher, ie harder to kill (u need more bullets) I havent estimated yet if that is good or bad as I play on vet mode. I guess I can live with that ur alter ego takes more bullets as well

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Nov. 28 2002,05:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this addon is stunning> Kudos to every1 involved in the making smile.gif. NICE JOB. I think some1 "cough" Miles "cough" should make a campaign even short.<span id='postcolor'>

I would make a ton of missions with this pack, but unfortunately it freezes up my system. I tried using it with the Jungle Everon pack and it still freezes up my system even after setting everything to extremely low graphics settings 600x480x32, 2000 geometry, multitexturing disabled, shadows off, ect... ect... Still crashes. This sucks nuts because this is by far the best addon pack I've ever played. (sigh)...

No other addon has caused my computer to crash like this as usually my OFP game runs extremely smoothly even on missions with tons of units. So something in this addon pack no like my computer.

Maybe when I get a new computer to replace my 1.33ghz pc, I'll be able to use this pack. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Re: crashes.

I have no idea what could be causing it, I run the pack on a PIII700 512 Meg Ram, GF Ti4200. The island runs smoothly with object shadows off, view distance 900.

I just play tested a mission by Dinger which was causing his higher spec computer (lower graphics card) to crash. played fine on my machine where it would crash on his at the point where the main firefight opens up.

We thought it might be the sound, he runs a creative audigy, me a very old vibra128 with no fancy bits... could be EAX or something in the sound drivers...once again, grasping at straws here to find out what is causing it. - could be the multiple M60's opening up fire?

SelectThis