Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

I live in Australia, and due to the knee-jerk reaction that always accompanies shootings & the lack of a constitutional right, you can only get semi-auto rifles and handguns (currently trying to ban all handguns). You can't get airsoft either which is really gay.

Fortunately I don't care for the law on airsoft and imported a TM M4a1 with a systema 450 upgrade kit, beefy battery, and metal upper/lower receivers. I also imported a few handguns like TM desert eagle, 92F's, some G-18C's and a p228.

Seriously some of the best fun I ever had, but I could never just legally go and play somewhere with my friends and simulate paramilitary skirmishes sad.gif It makes you wonder about the quality of Aust Customs tho when you consider 12 mainly steel weapons were imported (out of 13 attempted) and not caught confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Dec. 30 2002,16:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Dec. 29 2002,17:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and you can't buy real assault rifles legally in our poor occidental world<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, I believe that in the US, we can buy ANY firearm/gun we want.  As long as you are 21, and in any decent state with relaxed gun laws, and have enough money/patience.

It makes things even easier if you are current/ex  military/law enforcment.

So yeah, if I were going to put serious cash into a hobby I really like.  I might as well use real rifles/guns etc, and use simunition for mock/play combat.    

Plus, if you are a gun enthusiast, you would probably buy guns anyhow.  

Makes much more sense, right?

As soon as I get a decent income, place to live on my own, and indepencence, I'll be saving up for my own firearms.  

I'm not even into paintball.  But just to go to the firing range, and as a hobby.<span id='postcolor'>

1) Umm,...to be more correct...Here in the U.S. you can buy almost any gun you want, (unless you live in California, New Jersey, NYC, and a few other states)

In the states where it is legal, you can only buy a full auto weapon that was registered as a machinegun before the federal ban on civillian machineguns. (they are quite expensive)

After going through all of the BATF paperwork.

2) Simunition is a training aid...NOT A TOY

3) Real firearms are NOT TOYS

3) EVERY REAL FIREARM should be treated as LOADED

at ALL TIMES

4) Many police agencies have started using Airsoft for training

instead of simunition.

5) Most simunition will not cycle a full auto weapon

6) If you are a gun enthusiast (and I AM)...you would

would not abuse your real firearms by using them as toys.

shall I go on?

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (morbid @ Dec. 30 2002,22wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, I believe that in the US, we can buy ANY firearm/gun we want.  As long as you are 21, and in any decent state with relaxed gun laws, and have enough money/patience.

<span id='postcolor'>

We don't all live in the US sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes we do! there is nowhere outside america! dunno where that leaves me... wink.gif

airsoft is waaaaaaay cheaper than using real firearms. sure it might be more realistic and stuff, but most of us can't afford real guns. or for those of us who are too young\foreign, even legally buy them

EDIT: to someone who might know: can you legally purchase heavy weapons (i.e. m2 browning, dooshka, 20mm, etc.) in the states? is there a caliber limit? what about importing weapons?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supersheep @ Dec. 31 2002,23wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (morbid @ Dec. 30 2002,22wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, I believe that in the US, we can buy ANY firearm/gun we want.  As long as you are 21, and in any decent state with relaxed gun laws, and have enough money/patience.

<span id='postcolor'>

We don't all live in the US <!--emo&<!--emo&sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes we do! there is nowhere outside america! dunno where that leaves me... wink.gif

airsoft is waaaaaaay cheaper than using real firearms. sure it might be more realistic and stuff, but most of us can't afford real guns. or for those of us who are too young\foreign, even legally buy them

EDIT: to someone who might know: can you legally purchase heavy weapons (i.e. m2 browning, dooshka, 20mm, etc.) in the states? is there a caliber limit? what about importing weapons?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, you can buy an M2 in the states where Class III ownership is legal. (as long as it is a legally registered, transferable machinegun)

NFA regulations cover machineguns, and "destructive devices" (explosives)

There arent really any "calibre" restrictions...but there arent alot of things out there bigger than 50 cal, that were registered for civillian ownership before the deadline.

Importation of so-called "assault weapons" is now prohibited by Slick Willie's so-called "crime bill"...foreign rifles such as AK 47s, and FALs are legal to import as "parts" however...and re-assembled in semiautomatic configuration, with the proper amount of U.S. made parts to make them considered domestic. (for an AK, 5 U.S. made parts are required if it does not have a muzzle break, and 6 U.S. parts are required if it does have a muzzle break.  the usual choices are: trigger, hammer, disconnector, buttstock, pistol grip.)

I am building an AK74 from an un-issued, de-milled Bulgarian AK74 right now, but I am using a U.S. made reciever...so I only need 4 other U.S. parts for this one.

I "copy and pasted" the stuff below from a post I made in another thread a few months ago

Here are links to some cool pics from Bullet Fest III for you guys to view ("Bullet Fest" is a couple days of fun in the sun where people get together in Ohio to do some shooting, and have some barbeque)

Most of the firearms in these pics are privately owned, civillian registered machineguns....and some of them are owned by ClassIII manufacturers who brought them by to let folks have some fun with them.

You will notice someone had a 7.62 minigun in attendance (it made very short work of an old car)

http://www.vibeplanet.com/pics/bulletfest3/.html

http://www.nothingbutguns.com/bulletfest.html

http://community.webshots.com/album/42141342RSQREV

http://community.webshots.com/album/42143116PxjpBl

And below are links to some pics of some of MY stuff, also from an earlier thread:

fast camera work

pic of MadMedic converting money into noise, ...with full auto M4

Here is an older pic of me (at the same shooting range) with a full auto AK 47. (This one is a "post sample", meaning it is only legal for dealer, manufacturer, law enforcement, or military ownership)....It belongs to a Type II manufacturer who shoots with us.

Full auto AK47

While Im at it, here I am with my FN FAL shorty carbine:

FAL carbine

And here are some random pics from some of my collection:

(I am new at this pic posting thing, and only have a small portion of my stuff on disk)

These are two of the five AK variants I own: (both of these ones are Romanian)

Romanian AK 47 with KOBRA site

Romanian SAR 1 AK47 (semi auto)

Here is that FAL:

FAL

Here is one of my AR15s (this one is a "preban" PWA Commando A2, with 16" HBAR, M4 handguards, M4 buttstock)

PWA

Hey guys.. I just got my KSC Beretta M92 in the mail.. and I bought two extra clips.. One thing is that one clip has a mag bumper.. and the other extra ones don't.. I can live with that.. But now.. I need to know how to take care of the gun.. Do I put silicone Lube inside the clip shaft ? I know I feild dismanle the slide and lube that.. but what else should be cleaned and lubed ?

Also when the gun is cocked.. do you just pull the trigger and let the hammer snap back ? Or do you hold the hammer.. ANd is it okay to fire the gun without bbs ?

The manual should probably say, if it doesn't ask the manufacturer.

Bah.. screw tha manafacturs.. I wanna ask a regular.. Such as *Cough Ronin *Cough  xmas.gif

Anybody know where I can get a catalog to buy wholesale from the manufacturer? I hear it's cheaper. And cheaper = better. smile.gif

why not? they make just as much money as if they sell it to some store

Generally, they can't sell directly to consumers because they enter into (often exclusive) distribution agreements with companies that stock and distribute their products for them and supply them to dealers.

If they sell to you directly, they cut out the distributor and dealer, who would rightfully be quite pissed. They could then take the manufacturer to court, and would likely do that if there is a pattern of such behavior by the manufacturer.

You don't need to put silicon lube on the magazine, and you should be using a light grease for the slide rail rather than silicon. Silicon is for the inner barrel and should be applied sparingly.

You shouldn't fire it empty

You don't need to hold back the hammer

Tokyo Marui (best for AEG's) don't sell outside of Japan, so unless you live there, you can't buy direct. Wargamer's shop is my choice of retailer.

www.airsoftzone.com - Best airsoft forums on the net, you'll find out everything you need to know there.

Whoa, just noticed this topic.

Airsoft is quite popular here in Finland, though our prices seem to be horrible.

We have quite few bigger games with plots and stuff couple of times a year I guess. I haven't been in the scene for a while. I participated in a big game called ussr vs nato (which had a plot resembling ofp a little bit) in the summer of 2001. There were some guys from other places than Finland too. Here's a pic of the ussr team and the nato team. Yeah there were some kiddies there but it was mostly fun, too bad the place has been taken apart.

So, about guns, I have experience mostly of Marui's AEGs and some crappy springers, got my hands on some gbbs too. I myself have had a vz61 skorpion springer and now I have a FA-MAS, which I'm selling due to lack of money sad.gif. But I hope to buy a new gun when I get a job. The famas is great, it's cheap, reliable and easy to use, great first gun.

Apparantly, the guy on this pic is holding a grenade that looks like the nades used in WW2 by the German army. The "potato mashers" or whatever people call them.

This is just an old nade that doesn't work anymore right? Or are there some kind of nades used for airsoft battle too?

http://www.kuulapyssy.com/airsoft/ussrvsnato/medium_saunaasisaan.jpg

THis is the link to the pic, copy paste it...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Jan. 02 2003,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is just an old nade that doesn't work anymore right?  Or are there some kind of nades used for airsoft battle too?<span id='postcolor'>

That's just a prop I guess. Don't know much about airsoft grenades, only "explosives" I know are different m203 grenadelaunchers like these:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Category?menu1=5

and this

http://www.nemesis-airsoft.fi/kauppa/?cmd=tuote&id=238 (Finnish shop, see a bigger pic by clicking it)

Then there's this new thingy

http://www.caw.co.jp/caw/launcher/index.html (that site seems to be in japanese)

I guess they all shoot these, which shoot bbs out of them.

Well.... what kind of grease do I need.. and they said that putting silicone lube inside the mag helps it.. well.. shiz i dont know.. But some moron sent me the wrong mags.. and i think im stuck with em..

Just called them.. said theyll take em back.. but they dont carry the other mags.. hmm.. well overseas theyll come..

Found a site that has them.. but its in Hong Kong.. I guess. im going with that.

There are smoke nades which "kill" everyone within a certain radius I think, saw someone try to rush us and throw one when I was playing but it was a dud so I'm not sure about them.

Getting killed by a grenade is not the best way to find out how they work. wink.gif

Dont let this fourm die !!!! Ok.. Ive been checking around.. and I can;t seem to find one airsoft feild.. This is starting to be a pain in the ass...