Jump to content

Recommended Posts

seems to be working fine now, thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well well well... what do we have here?

Nice tool, thanks for making/sharing it.

 

iH0Plrf.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose you have to set your mod to public in order for the crawler to find reuploads. Couldn't you add a function that offers the ability to search for pbo names?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, belbo said:

I suppose you have to set your mod to public in order for the crawler to find reuploads. Couldn't you add a function that offers the ability to search for pbo names?

From what I saw it is searching for pbo's as well as any other file that is in a mod. Not shown in my pic, but below that is a dropdown box that shows the itemized list of files and upload stats for each one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mattastic said:

From what I saw it is searching for pbo's as well as any other file that is in a mod. Not shown in my pic, but below that is a dropdown box that shows the itemized list of files and upload stats for each one

Yeah, but you have to enter a link to your own sws item in order to find anything, so you have to have your mod publicly available on the workshop. Putting in the name of one of your pbos seems not to be supported (or at least not yet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it has to be public, otherwise the crawler could not find your own mod for comparrisson. Tried this with one of my projects.

(Also: why or how should anyone reupload a mod that never has been published?)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cosmo_D41 said:

(Also: why or how should anyone reupload a mod that never has been published?)

That never has been published to sws you mean? There's armaholic, this forum and some other places.

I have a policy that none of my mods or scripts are allowed on sws - and still people upload them, either in ignorance or blatant disregard of the licence that comes with them. Currently I have to find them manually (which is tedious and feels quite petty). The crawler seems to look for pbos already, so why not just add the option to search for the name of specific pbo instead of a workshop item?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, belbo said:

That never has been published to sws you mean? There's armaholic, this forum and some other places.

I have a policy that none of my mods or scripts are allowed on sws - and still people upload them, either in ignorance or blatant disregard of the licence that comes with them. Currently I have to find them manually (which is tedious and feels quite petty). The crawler seems to look for pbos already, so why not just add the option to search for the name of specific pbo instead of a workshop item?

Seems like a reasonable request to have a tool that could search all release platforms for those items. However, I think the obvious issue with that request is in the name of the tool "ArmA 3 Workshop Crawler". It's built around SWS and I have a feeling trying to scan other systems would be more difficult.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nonono...

People upload stuff to sws that is not supposed to be on sws.

It's not about finding unlicensed uploads to other platforms.

The workshop crawler offers the abilty to find re-uploads only. But currently you can't find unlicensed uploads to sws if you haven't uploaded something to sws yourself (or made your upload publicly available).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, belbo said:

Nonono...

People upload stuff to sws that is not supposed to be on sws.

It's not about finding unlicensed uploads to other platforms.

The workshop crawler offers the abilty to find re-uploads only. But currently you can't find unlicensed uploads to sws if you haven't uploaded something to sws yourself (or made your upload publicly available).

ah, gotcha. Well kinda seems like one of the disadvantages of not uploading your mods to steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mattastic said:

ah, gotcha. Well kinda seems like one of the disadvantages of not uploading your mods to steam.

Yeah, as of now...

Simple filename searching should be considered as an option though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That feature was available,. I think they disabled it for now pending code and performance refinements.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.6.2017 at 10:50 AM, belbo said:

Yeah, as of now...

Simple filename searching should be considered as an option though.

 

Searching by file names was/will soon be available again, however this only applies to mods uploaded to the Steam Workshop.

However what I can do is make a small desktop tool that you put into a folder alongside your mod folder and it generates a readable file for the website. You then just go onto the website and select that "summary file" and search according to that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, optix said:

However what I can do is make a small desktop tool that you put into a folder alongside your mod folder and it generates a readable file for the website. You then just go onto the website and select that "summary file" and search according to that.

That's a really great idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, good and bad news . It works and it turns out my mods keep getting reuploaded (At least 35 times!) mostly by Arma Life Servers. I used to love arma life servers but honestly, they are the cancer of Arma 3 steam workshop right now...

Thanks for making the tool

 

 

NCUtzxh.png

(The Portuguese Military Forces - Air Vehicles and Kekistani Insignias are my mods , and the tugamaldenlife actualy asked permission to use my mod , the rest not realy....)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small update:
I've completed revamped the website (finally after two months of downtime) and the website now features some more additions aswell as deep scanning (looking for files in PBOs, so not even repacking can save you).

I hope this is still usefor for some people. I'm currently still testing the new page, hence the tmeporary beta.workshopcrawler.com domain, so expect certain issues. Feel free to tell me about them here or on Discord.

 

https://beta.workshopcrawler.com/

 

I will add FAQ to the page tomorrow so most questions are answered straight away.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this work for missions as well? I get really sick of getting messages from people that they played a coop version of my mission and it didn't work and now they're demanding I fix it when I don't make coop missions in the first place...... Would be nice to figure out who is (poorly) modifying my missions for coop when they're not supposed to be. I know people are going to steal crap from scripts or whatever without asking, but I'd simply like to stop the angry messages that my mission doesn't work when they are trying to play a modified version I didn't even post...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.2.2018 at 7:10 AM, Mynock said:

Will this work for missions as well? I get really sick of getting messages from people that they played a coop version of my mission and it didn't work and now they're demanding I fix it when I don't make coop missions in the first place...... Would be nice to figure out who is (poorly) modifying my missions for coop when they're not supposed to be. I know people are going to steal crap from scripts or whatever without asking, but I'd simply like to stop the angry messages that my mission doesn't work when they are trying to play a modified version I didn't even post...

 

We will be looking into this, but the redesign had including mission files in mind too. We just need to wait to see if everything is fine, and then we might be able to scan the entire arma3 workshop, not only mods. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, first of all, thank you for spending your time on this tool, it's quite useful. So to my question: could you add some priority options? Like the ability to sort the list to how many files were reuploaded, or date, or even subscriber count etc.

I don't know if that has been asked for already,  I skipped through the thread and couldn't find anything. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Optix, do you have some sort of date when it will be back up? It says on the 7th, but it's still not working, or is it just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@optix the site doesn't work. When I enter URL of workshop modification it says Connecting...
After that nothing happens...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.3.2018 at 7:43 PM, KokaKolaA3 said:

Hey, first of all, thank you for spending your time on this tool, it's quite useful. So to my question: could you add some priority options? Like the ability to sort the list to how many files were reuploaded, or date, or even subscriber count etc.

I don't know if that has been asked for already,  I skipped through the thread and couldn't find anything. 

 

 

I'll redesign the result page eventually or create a seperate one which will display the data in much more detailed and viewer friendly way. I've noticed the current design is especially bad when scanning for big mods.

 

On 4.4.2018 at 11:07 AM, R0adki11 said:

@optix pinned the thread for you, so its easier to find :f:

 

Thanks :float:

 

On 10.4.2018 at 4:17 PM, KokaKolaA3 said:

Optix, do you have some sort of date when it will be back up? It says on the 7th, but it's still not working, or is it just me?

 

Should be back up again, I ran into some issuese :P

 

On 11.4.2018 at 3:34 PM, REALMBMC said:

@optix the site doesn't work. When I enter URL of workshop modification it says Connecting...
After that nothing happens...

 

Is that still the case?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×