Richard.biely

64-bit Executables Feedback

12 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

I'm getting this kernel error with dev branch FYI and arma won't launch

Stable is fine... "The procedure entry point  adddll directory could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll"

cosmic10r, you might have erased these folders when you copied over the .dlls? Keep them there.

hNWMlRx.png

• Like 1

HI All,

Question 1: Anyone noticing improved FPS in Dev build 32 bit compared to 64 bit with SLI GPUs? (Note I have two GTX 760s in SLI.)

All tested on the Apex campaign on the same mission (Extraction) for about 5 minutes, with view distance 3000 set on Ultra. 

I compared FPS on Dev build:

• 32 bits Dev build: ~48 FPS  :eh:
  • 64 bits Dev build: ~30 FPS

When I run it on the Main build (32 bit):

• 32 bits Main build: ~30 FPS

When I disable SLI and compare FPS on Dev build at 32 bits and 64 bits version:

• 32 bits Dev build: ~30 FPS
  • 64 bits Dev build: ~30 FPS

Question 2: I also noticed, sometime when closing Arma and reloading it (using the Dev Build version) a second time the frame rate improves, why does this happen?

My Build:

Intel i5 4550@3.4GHz, GeForce GTX 760 2gb x 2 (SLI), 16gb ddr3 ram, Windows 10 upgraded, ARMA 3 running off 256gb SSD

@ beako - can you goto your nvidia control panel and force SLI to ARMA_x64.exe? Looks like its off in 64 bits.

@TheEvan59 I want to know your settings too because I don't get that kind of boost with 2x AMD 6590 unlocked!!! I know AMD drivers are not as good as Nvidias but your boost is impressive!

• Like 2

Hi all :)

@teabagginpeople  @Valken

Here's my game settings

1483030895-1111.png

1483030900-2222.png

And I play in a fullscreen window, without Vsync.

@road runner 

Sorry I haven't understand :(

And somebody know when the 64 bits update will be released ?

Edited by TheEvan59

16 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

I'm getting this kernel error with dev branch FYI and arma won't launch

Stable is fine...

Untitled_zpsm4jbhzrt.png

"The procedure entry point  adddll directory could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll"

You are probably missing one specific W7 update. I had the same problem but can't remember the KB number. Will check when I get back home tomorrow.

/KC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kridian said:

cosmic10r, you might have erased these folders when you copied over the .dlls? Keep them there.

hNWMlRx.png

1 hour ago, KeyCat said:

You are probably missing one specific W7 update. I had the same problem but can't remember the KB number. Will check when I get back home tomorrow.

/KC

Thanks guys!

Teabagginpeople also pmed me a possible fix.

Thanks guys... appreciate all the help

• Like 1

An update on the EDEN GUI errors I've been having with the dev branch:

With "Small" Interface size and 4k resolution, none of the pull-down menus are functional.  They still can have a set value, but the expanding menu never appears so it is impossible to select different options.  Pressing alphabet keys will set some of the values inconsistently based on their first letter (?).

With the interface set to "Very Small" or "Normal" the pull-down menus function properly with no problems.

I have tried this in 32- and 64-bit, with and without mods.

22 hours ago, road runner said:

Dude, I'm trying to help you, you're not helping yourself.

I just said that I use a translator to help myself in the forum not to cause any problems

The question in itself is that ... whether it is 32 or 64 bits, it still lacks optimization in this title

49 minutes ago, das attorney said:

Esa es una afirmación, no una pregunta.

Yes, and I say as it sounds is not yet fully optimized, at least in the 32-bit branch, it still has Fps drops at random sites

12 hours ago, Valken said:

@ beako - can you goto your nvidia control panel and force SLI to ARMA_x64.exe? Looks like its off in 64 bits.

@TheEvan59 I want to know your settings too because I don't get that kind of boost with 2x AMD 6590 unlocked!!! I know AMD drivers are not as good as Nvidias but your boost is impressive!

Thanks this seemed to have worked.

In my NVIDIA Control Panel, under Manage 3D Settings, I added ARMA3_x64.exe and set SLI rendering to "Force alternate frame rendering 2" instead of "Use global settings (NVIDIA recommended)".

I then turned on the SLI Visual Indicator to confirm it was active with the antialiasing level bar.

When tested on the Apex campaign on the same mission (Extraction) for about 5 minutes, with view distance 3000 set on Ultra. 

I compared FPS on Dev build:

• 32 bits Dev build: ~48 FPS  
  • 64 bits Dev build: ~48 FPS (maybe + 2-3 FPS faster, but could just be my wishful thinking)

My Build:

Intel i5 4550@3.4GHz, GeForce GTX 760 2gb x 2 (SLI), 16gb ddr3 ram, Windows 10 upgraded, ARMA 3 running off 256gb SSD, Monitor resolution: 2560x1440.

• Like 1

@Evan, there's a benchmark mission found here, which will also give you accurate FPS.

The 64 bit exe can be found on the dev build, it will not have any updates till after the holidays.

Using YAAB i got better fps (+/- .7) in x86 than in x64 and the fps drops was basically the same in the two versions. I have installed the new files from dwarden " 167_139743_DEVELOPMENT_binaries_with_HugePages.7z", tried new parameters and still its the same result.

win 10x64

i7-4710HQ

8 GB RAM
GTX 850M

• Like 1

No pagefile will still throw out of memory errors with 64bit. No problems with 32bit.

16GB Ram

8GB R9 390

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Arma 3 and I'm having a real blast so far on the campaign, this game is what I've always wanted since the first Ghost Recon, so my bad if I didn't knew about this amazing simulator after all those years.

Anyway, having said that, I downloaded the dev_branch version today to test out the 64bit executable and found out an AI issue in the main campaign.

I have Arma 3 Apex edition.

The AI issue is in the mission ''Wet Work'' of the main campaign... after entering the back of the truck at the end of the mission, the AI driving the truck is going crazy... going back and forth indefinitely.

- I tested it two times in 64bit without reloading a save and restarting the mission from scratch. I also tried out using the 32bit executable but I got the same problem.

- After going back to the public_branch, the issue is gone and the AI drive the truck just fine to the end of the mission.

I hope you guys at Bohemia Interactive will fix it before releasing the new build as it is really a game breaker and screw up the campaign.

Thanks for this amazing military shooter!

Edited by Edwin_Phelps00
  • Like 2

Hello everyone

I did a quick and dirty test of the build to see what the difference was performance wise. I used YAAB for the test and i was running no mods or parameters. Here are my results:

Version: 1.66.139586

Average FPS: 39.9

Uu1f4qs.png

2X0DR0p.png

Version: 1.67.139743

Average FPS: 41.5

2oCQh3a.png

N21AsWL.png

Game settings for both tests:

qV5idNd.jpg

kpuMY8M.jpg

1h9QIVS.jpg

(Please note that i am not running V-Sync due to me running a G-Sync monitor)

I did not experience any noticeable increase in FPS comparing to two builds. I also did a few other runs with some parameters which again did not result in any type of noticeable FPS increase. The maximum of committed memory i reached was 7 GB, texture loading appears to be faster on the new build compared to the old one.

The thing that bums me out the most is still that the game is not really using the hardware available to it. I know that there are reasons for that, it just hurts a little on my inside when i see that resources are available that the game isn't using.

Next up i will be testing the multiplayer, i already have a server setup i just need to put it into Dev branch and do a few tests.

The specs of my computer are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K

Mainboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme

Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 4 F4-3300C16Q-16GRKD

Graphics Card: Evga 980 Hydro Copper

Storage: 4x 120GB Kingston V300 in RAID 0 (System) // 2x 500GB Samsung 840 Evo in RAID 0 (Arma 3)

If you have any questions or requests please let me know. Keep testing and happy new year to everyone!

• Like 6

x64 = no more 3 fps bug + badass fps;

cant wait:don12:

|

= bis_iceman "for keeping the changelog update";

37 minutes ago, claws01 said:

x64 = no more 3 fps bug + badass fps;

cant wait:don12:

|

= bis_iceman "for keeping the changelog update";

Yea the 3 FPS bug should be fixed since the bug was introduced with the latest changes to the 32 bit version of the game. So hurrah for that :D

Can you be more specific with the "badass fps"? Are you getting better FPS than before, and if so how much more? Or is the FPS just more stable throughout your play sessions?

I am getting Cx000005 out of memory errors now with the recent DEV 1.67 update with 64 bit and cannot launch it! Using the same settings as before which was working fine. This is with and without any mods! What did you do guys?

Do I need to force hugepage files?

On December 29, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Valken said:

Should I upgrade my i5 4550 or my GTX 760 to get the most noticeable improvement?

On December 29, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Valken said:

Should I upgrade my i5 4550 or my GTX 760 to get the most noticeable improvement?

3 minutes ago, beako said:

I had a GTX 760-changed to a 980 and it did not make a massive difference. It just meant i could up some of the fancier settings like PIP and clouds etc. If you plan on updating one of those components-I would choose the CPU. Biggest thing I did for performance improvements was get an SSD

• Like 1